LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest derders

Oh, ok, I thought you were referring to the stand alone app findable on play store, sorry :D

ah I get it now... after you said that there is a standalone app I checked it in playstore and have seen that there are more menus...

what I mean .. I swiped left and there is a menu for governor.. but no abyssplug...  but had not swiped to the right, where the main menu is ...

set abyssplug and it changed :-)

Guest Mourta

just tried the new GAPPs, nothing different .. 

I then use Google Now Launcher, and it worked fine .. so I understand now that the problem is in the Liquid Launcher .. :(

Google search is NOT part of the launcher.

Guest Mourta

I´m testing this new combination (was on Vanir 4.3.1. stable) with Kernel and Rom. Looking good so far, many thanks for your work!!!

May be 1 dumb questions (sorry for it, if I could found it myself):

- In other Roms, there were developer options, where I can set "force GPU-Rendering" (which I use for Apps like Titanium Backup, File Manager, they scroll much smoother with this otion set). Is this option present in this Rom and where can I set thinks like this (adb support, USB-Debugging and many more developer options)?

To enable "development options" you'll have to click the "LiquidSmooth version" under "about phone" five times. This is built into the ROM and was the way CM originally designed it.

You can also find "force GPU-Rendering" under "Advanced Options"/"prop modder" or under performance/Build.prop settings

Guest Mourta

What can i say. Really smooth and so fast. Rom + kernel. Lots of settings. I have 1 problem, i cant find setting to change all font size. I had it in CM, in screen setting. Thank you for your exellent rom.

Edit: i have no notifications, at all. Strange, i enabled it.

https://github.com/LiquidSmooth/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/cba0b549a588e3e89914fb4805cf9ab18d075aed

Guest Mourta

@Mourta I have a question: I use multirom, and my first ROM is Beanstalk; now, I want to permanently install your LiquidSmooth (not as primary simply because I won't erase Beanstalk, reinstall it and replacing all my customizations, it would be too long, so I thought about installing it as secondary and switch between the two roms). Considering that multirom doesn't allow an anykernel patched kernel to be installed on secondary roms, is it safe to flash your kernel on Beanstalk, then make a backup of boot img and replace it on your LiquidSmooth after having installed it as secondary? I ask you about this only to know if this procedure could cause problems or bugs, according to your opinion. Thanks! :)

Here's one that will work, just replace the one in the liquidsmooth ROM zip with http://www.mediafire.com/download/ev5ssaojehm0avy/boot.img

Then it should be as easy as installing it, it's a copy of my boot.img pulled directly from my mmcblk0p2.

Guest Mourta

ART causes bootloop

No, it looks like it does (since the boot animation restarts) but if you just wait it will reach the update apps phase.

I just tried it.

I don't know how it is stability wise but with abyssplug/balanced and no overclocking i get 7053 in quadrant and 15401 in Antutu.

Guest Ben36

No, it looks like it does (since the boot animation restarts) but if you just wait it will reach the update apps phase.

I just tried it.

I don't know how it is stability wise but with abyssplug/balanced and no overclocking i get 7053 in quadrant and 15401 in Antutu.

Mine sat for like 10 mins looping. How long did it take yours?

Guest ottomanhero

@Mourta

There is an important bug that has been preventing me from using unofficial p880 source-based ROMs since they were out.But your ROM is really smooth, battery friendly and has the exact features I want.I don't feel like switching over to official cm11, so here is the bug.

When you run some applications, real racing 3 to name one, the app crashes with kernel logs printing :

tegradc tegradc.0: Size of window 2 is invalid.
tegradc tegradc.0: Window attributes are invalid.

This bug happens with many more applications that I don't have anymore nor remember their names.But this bug has existed since the very first unofficial kitkat based ROM.I can remember I had about 5 - 10 more apps crashing this way, printing same message in kernel log on the first unofficial kitkat ROM I've tried.
No one seem to have fixed it.Lauftersteppenwolf had even acquired logs on this matter, yet he didn't or couldn't fix them.It wasn't brought to attention of other developers either.

Try it yourself, download real racing 3.It works really well in official cm11.No crashes or anything.But when I try to launch it on any unofficial based ROM, it just crashes.When I first installed the very first kitkat ROM for our device, I had about 5 - 10 apps like this crashing.And not all of them were 3D applications.

Note : It's not a bug within the kernel as I've used those custom kernels in official and unofficial both, the bug only occured in unofficial based ROMs.

I will post more logs once I create a backup.Have logs turned off as I don't need them usually.

Guest Mourta

Mine sat for like 10 mins looping. How long did it take yours?

At reboot it started the boot animation and after about a minute it did a soft reboot and restarted the boot animation, then it took about 5 minutes until I got to the screen where it updates the applications. ART has come a long way since I last tried it, works like a charm.

Guest Mourta

@Mourta

There is an important bug that has been preventing me from using unofficial p880 source-based ROMs since they were out.But your ROM is really smooth, battery friendly and has the exact features I want.I don't feel like switching over to official cm11, so here is the bug.

When you run some applications, real racing 3 to name one, the app crashes with kernel logs printing :

tegradc tegradc.0: Size of window 2 is invalid.
tegradc tegradc.0: Window attributes are invalid.
This bug happens with many more applications that I don't have anymore nor remember their names.But this bug has existed since the very first unofficial kitkat based ROM.I can remember I had about 5 - 10 more apps crashing this way, printing same message in kernel log on the first unofficial kitkat ROM I've tried.

No one seem to have fixed it.Lauftersteppenwolf had even acquired logs on this matter, yet he didn't or couldn't fix them.It wasn't brought to attention of other developers either.

Try it yourself, download real racing 3.It works really well in official cm11.No crashes or anything.But when I try to launch it on any unofficial based ROM, it just crashes.When I first installed the very first kitkat ROM for our device, I had about 5 - 10 apps like this crashing.And not all of them were 3D applications.

Note : It's not a bug within the kernel as I've used those custom kernels in official and unofficial both, the bug only occured in unofficial based ROMs.

I will post more logs once I create a backup.Have logs turned off as I don't need them usually.

I just ran two races in real racing 3 without any problems.

What are your settings on governor, overclocking and did you do a complete wipe?

Guest Ben36

At reboot it started the boot animation and after about a minute it did a soft reboot and restarted the boot animation, then it took about 5 minutes until I got to the screen where it updates the applications. ART has come a long way since I last tried it, works like a charm.

You should see the new ART on the L preview release.... Soo damn smooth and fast!

Guest ottomanhero

My settings : 

Full wipe except internal sd card and external sd card,

CPU : 1.5 ghz max, -135 mV undervolt with lowest frequency set to 730, 2nd lowest 740 mV.
Governor : Abyssplug with cpuquiet set to balanced, row io scheduler and readahead set to 2048 KB.
GPU : 564 mhz @ 1230 mV, rest reduced -20 mV each and lowest freq -10 mV

I use latest pa mini modular 4.4.4 gapps, my tegra variant is 1.

This bug happens while launching the game, not during gameplay or anything.I think it has something to do with grouper blobs but that's just a guess.Might be due to zygote being disabled, but just a guess again.

Some logs I've found in unofficial cm11 thread, based on unofficial sources:

Real Racing 3 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 No Crash (For comprasion purposes)

Edit : Mentioned governor and tegra variant.

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest Mourta

My settings :

Full wipe except internal sd card and external sd card,

CPU : 1.5 ghz max, -135 mV undervolt with lowest frequency set to 730, 2nd lowest 740 mV.

Governor : Abyssplug with cpuquiet set to balanced, row io scheduler and readahead set to 2048 KB.

GPU : 564 mhz @ 1230 mV, rest reduced -20 mV each and lowest freq -10 mV

I use latest pa mini modular 4.4.4 gapps, my tegra variant is 1.

This bug happens while launching the game, not during gameplay or anything.I think it has something to do with grouper blobs but that's just a guess.Might be due to zygote being disabled, but just a guess again.

Some logs I've found in unofficial cm11 thread, based on unofficial sources:

Real Racing 3 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 No Crash (For comprasion purposes)

Edit : Mentioned governor and tegra variant.

I don't know what to tell you, I don't have any problems and the only difference between our setups is that I keep CPU at 520 and I undervolt -100.

[Edit:] And I currently use art.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Mourta

Someone else has to s issue: after sending a sms, there is still wrote: SENDING...

But the sms is marked as recived

I don't have this problem either.

Guest ottomanhero

I've decided to do a test on my own.Using the same setup but without installing any other apps.Real racing did open.

Restoring to my backup, same issue began to happen again.

Were on dalvik in both situations, tried ART now but same issue.Considering android caches your stuff in memory and installing more apps means bigger cache, perhaps it's something to do with memory management afterall.

Guest justchris20

I've decided to do a test on my own.Using the same setup but without installing any other apps.Real racing did open.

Restoring to my backup, same issue began to happen again.

Were on dalvik in both situations, tried ART now but same issue.Considering android caches your stuff in memory and installing more apps means bigger cache, perhaps it's something to do with memory management afterall.

Maybe a app make your system unstable, restore app for app and have a look…

Guest ottomanhero

Might take some time as I've got about 150 apps, but might try something similiar to find out if it's caused by any apps.

Guest Mourta

Might take some time as I've got about 150 apps, but might try something similiar to find out if it's caused by any apps.

Keep us posted if and when you find the problem.

You might try to go to the performance settings and change the Low Memory Killer settings, it really shouldn't matter (i can't test it since i don't have this problem) but if it's a memory management bug it might help. You could also look into the VM size.