LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Gkeko

I'm not sure but I think xposed installs a jar file to your system.And I heavily doubt removing app alone removes that.You should install xposed.apk, open it and try to uninstall that file jar from there.I'm pretty sure there is a button to do so.Then try to set it to art after a restart.

Uninstalling xposed.apk is basically removing the UI while xposed itself stays installed.

Removed xposed (frameworks and modules), greenify... After reboot i setted Art and than

... Damn bootloop.

Guest derders

Removed xposed (frameworks and modules), greenify... After reboot i setted Art and than

... Damn bootloop.

than make a clean install

ROM

GAPPs

Kernel

after first start go to developer options and change to ART

reboot will take longer (APP optimization)

after this you can install your apps or restore it with TB ...

Guest TheSonic

... Damn bootloop.

Remember it takes about 7 to 10 mins to startup

Guest ottomanhero

... Damn bootloop.

No, it looks like it does (since the boot animation restarts) but if you just wait it will reach the update apps phase.

Wait 5 mins before you decide wheter it's a bootloop or not.It takes time to build these files with ART, much longer compared to dalvik

Guest abhi08638

Loving the ROM! I just have one question, i cant seem to get the notification panel to stop appearing on the lock screen even though i have a gesture set. This is a major security flaw since if I long click on any of the quick tiles, it takes me into the settings app thereby bypassing the lock screen. Also the option to make the advanced reboot to not show on the lock screen doesn't seem to work as well. Otherwise, it fantastic!

Edited by abhi08638

Guest Krislv

I installed it with the kernel, and it seems so good. I just noticed it has some app's force closes, and right now I received a call and after answering it, viber and other apps (even system app) crashed. 

I did a full wipe, data and system wiped, with cache and dalvik cache as well. I installed the rom, latest 4.4.4 PA Gapps and latest kernel (of Mourta of course). 

Everything seems faster, as the animation is fluid and faster, but I noticed these weird crashes and sometimes it becomes a bit unresponsive.

Overall it's very good, I just don't understand why it becomes unresponsive sometimes, just like cm, but it's more rare here than on the cm.

Edited by Krislv

Guest ottomanhero

The problem with liquidsmooth is the systemUI app.Last time I had very weird lags, lags to the point that phone would response my touches about 10 seconds after.I clicked "Ok" when it asked wheter to force close systemUI as it wasn't responding.SystemUI restarted and my phone returned to normal.

Try to not enable all these settings you see in notifications etc. I only use weather in notification panel and heads up notifications for the moment.But I do remember I had more things on when that weird bug happened.Turning anything off except what I use atm seem to have fixed the issue.Have no weird lags nor crashes now.

I bet systemUI would get some fixes over nightlies and I think mourta is going to update to a newer nightly sometime.A lot better than CM11 still.

Guest Stephan Binder

The problem with liquidsmooth is the systemUI app.Last time I had very weird lags, lags to the point that phone would response my touches about 10 seconds after.I clicked "Ok" when it asked wheter to force close systemUI as it wasn't responding.SystemUI restarted and my phone returned to normal.

Try to not enable all these settings you see in notifications etc. I only use weather in notification panel and heads up notifications for the moment.But I do remember I had more things on when that weird bug happened.Turning anything off except what I use atm seem to have fixed the issue.Have no weird lags nor crashes now.

I bet systemUI would get some fixes over nightlies and I think mourta is going to update to a newer nightly sometime.A lot better than CM11 still.

I also noticed that, if you play to much with notification settings, the room acts a little harsh. Lags and freezes...

Now I set it up with only light tweaks and it is fast as hell. :-)

Guest Stephan Binder

BBS is Better battery stats.

The small column is deep sleep (green) and wake (red) the right one is how much of the wake time was due to wakelocks.

Normally this was all red...

Guest tool_king

The small column is deep sleep (green) and wake (red) the right one is how much of the wake time was due to wakelocks.

Thx for your "legend". ;)

Guest ottomanhero

Disable google location services and block anything starting with nlp using wakelock blocker.You'll see almost no red to the right  :)

Guest Mourta

Fixed now.

If you experience problems i will need logcats of them.

I don't update with nightlies, i test the code for a few days and then release, this is why you don't get todays date on my releases, i test everything before i release it.

Guest Mourta

Disable google location services and block anything starting with nlp using wakelock blocker.You'll see almost no red to the right  :)

Using new ROM, kernel and zero day PA gapps you should have no red at all as long as you use abyssplug.

Deep sleep is instantaneous and it won't allow wakes that are not critical.

I don't want to give you battery times since it differs quite a bit from phone to phone (age of battery and installed apps) but it should be... well it should be pretty good.

I've almost finished transitioning my 3.4 version into this version of my kernel (removed Demetris's crap completely but i'll cherry pick what i damn well like from devs even if he does the same, he didn't write a line of that anyway) which means i can finally move to the massive upgrade of ALL governors and add abyssplugv2 and put devfreq for the GPU into full play (it's like a governor but for the GPU, implemented in this kernel by iodak but it needs some 3.4 updates to the actual drivers to work all out).

Should be pretty cool combined with liquid, you can now overclock your GPU and have it running with an on demand like governor which means that it can scale up and down just like your CPU does.