[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.5.1 for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Don't take the instructions so literally. :P You might want to check the name of the file you're trying to boot/flash first (recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img). I've replaced the version number with xx so I don't have to change the instructions every time there's an update...

Guest masaliaja

Don't take the instructions so literally. :P You might want to check the name of the file you're trying to boot/flash first (recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img). I've replaced the version number with xx so I don't have to change the instructions every time there's an update...

I continued to use the files which supports ZTE v811w, please help :(

Guest KonstaT

I continued to use the files which supports ZTE v811w, please help :(

Wtf, same file - wrong command!

It is 'fastboot boot recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img' or 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img' to be exact. Or if you insist using recovery-cwm60xx-kis3.img, then rename the file to that first! :P

Guest masaliaja

Wtf, same file - wrong command!

It is 'fastboot boot recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img' or 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img' to be exact. Or if you insist using recovery-cwm60xx-kis3.img, then rename the file to that first! :P

tanks sukses ne  :)

Guest jdaudlin

I have a Sprint Optik 2 tablet. The model number for this tablet is ZTE V72C and it is running android version 4.1.2. I am looking for a custom recovery for this tablet and was hoping yours would work. Can anyone tell if this will work or where I could get a custom recovery for this device.

Guest KonstaT

I have a Sprint Optik 2 tablet. The model number for this tablet is ZTE V72C and it is running android version 4.1.2. I am looking for a custom recovery for this tablet and was hoping yours would work. Can anyone tell if this will work or where I could get a custom recovery for this device.

Sorry, not even close. Your device has completely different hardware (msm8x25q vs. msm8x10).

If no one has made a custom recovery for your device, you better start looking into how to compile one yourself...

Guest Aluminate

Hello, to start love your work. I have an original ZTE Blade, Blade 3 and 5 (used your cwm guide on this) running your roms (minus Blade 5) via your CWM tuts.

I'm trying to install this to my Brother's 4.1 Kis 3. Windows 7, SP1, 64bit with Google's driver's for the phone, adb and fastboot.

I have the located in folder at the root of my C drive with your img + fastboot and adb. I've checked the MD5 checksums of everything (as I did with my previous phones).

I can reboot the phone via adb but when I try to do the command (with Admin privs);

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (renamed it for quicker cmd)"

I renamed it after the first flash fails so i can try again faster. Also tried a different USB port and cable (interchanged too) and nothing.

Error is "FAILED (remote: flash write failure)"

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Edited by Aluminate

Guest KonstaT

Hello, to start love your work. I have an original ZTE Blade, Blade 3 and 5 (used your cwm guide on this) running your roms (minus Blade 5) via your CWM tuts.

I'm trying to install this to my Brother's 4.1 Kis 3. Windows 7, SP1, 64bit with Google's driver's for the phone, adb and fastboot.

I have the located in folder at the root of my C drive with your img + fastboot and adb. I've checked the MD5 checksums of everything (as I did with my previous phones).

I can reboot the phone via adb but when I try to do the command (with Admin privs);

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (renamed it for quicker cmd)"

I renamed it after the first flash fails so i can try again faster. Also tried a different USB port and cable (interchanged too) and nothing.

Error is "FAILED (remote: flash write failure)"

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Sorry, no idea. On my Open C it really was as straight forward as fastbooting the recovery image.

It seems that @masaliaja had that same problem few posts up and I know he/she has somehow managed to install CM11 after that.

Can you fastboot boot the CWM image? You could try installing the flashable zip in recovery after just booting into it first.

Guest Aseieil

FOR EVERYONE WHO HAVE PROBLEM WITH FASTBOOT DRIVER

Nothing worked for me so i get some test and i've done it!

download superoneclick 2.3.3

1.adb reboot bootloader

2.when you are in bootloader mode run superoneclick and install drivers (windows will run it automatically)

You've got now WORKING fastboot driver Congrats! ; )

and now i was able to do root

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery
-cwm60xx-kis3.img
fastboot reboot

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT

It can work on zte v815W?

Of course not. Your device has completely different hardware (MediaTek crapware on V815W vs. Qualcomm quality chipset on this device :P).

Guest Bayclove

Hello,

some advice please.

does this guide work on ZTE Kis 3 Max? I have this model on Virgin. I've followed the instructions but I received error on the phone which said partition could not be flashed. What does this mean? I've not done anything like this before and afraid of bricking the phone. Really would like to root for external SD... running kitkat 4.4.4. I've tried all the automated tools but they don't work.

Please help  :(

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

some advice please.

does this guide work on ZTE Kis 3 Max? I have this model on Virgin. I've followed the instructions but I received error on the phone which said partition could not be flashed. What does this mean? I've not done anything like this before and afraid of bricking the phone. Really would like to root for external SD... running kitkat 4.4.4. I've tried all the automated tools but they don't work.

Please help  :(

This is not meant for your device, only the devices/variants listed in the first post.

Your device has completely different hardware. MediaTek crapware on your device vs. Qualcomm chipset on this one.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Hello KonstaT ,

Can I use this recovery on Blade G 

(CPU,GPU,ChipSet  Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play, Dual-core 1,2 GHz Cortex-A5, Adreno 203)

No, completely different device with different hardware.

I know there's a CWM for your device somewhere though. Google is your friend.

• 3 weeks later...