Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Recommended Posts

I just need a base for LXC, I bought this used phone for about 10$ and want to create a little server from it ;D

cm13 was eating more RAM and blocked some routing stuff at USB tethering

This phone is also much more powerful than raspberry pi and it's cheaper in my country (Poland - Polkometel sells it for 1PLN (about 0.25$) with their phone plans = many people are selling it really cheap).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KonstaT Hi! I have a question. I did a big research, and that what I figured out - since this phone has almost identical HW like my other phone (LG Joy), exactly same CPU, GPU, even amount of RAM and screen resolution. Only differences is that ZTE has lower camera res, and on stock runs FFOS. So I'm wondering, that is any possibility to flash this ROM on LG Joy (H220)? And also recovery, since there's total 0 for this phone. No custom recovery, no custom root. Amazing is that I at least made ROOT on it :D So is it possible? Or it will give me brick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dawidus520 said:

@KonstaT Hi! I have a question. I did a big research, and that what I figured out - since this phone has almost identical HW like my other phone (LG Joy), exactly same CPU, GPU, even amount of RAM and screen resolution. Only differences is that ZTE has lower camera res, and on stock runs FFOS. So I'm wondering, that is any possibility to flash this ROM on LG Joy (H220)? And also recovery, since there's total 0 for this phone. No custom recovery, no custom root. Amazing is that I at least made ROOT on it :D So is it possible? Or it will give me brick?

No. It's a completely different device with completely different hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No. It's a completely different device with completely different hardware.

Well, it's weird, because from that what I was able to check, on many spec-sites, everywhere was the same SoC and all stuff. Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 8210 CPU, Adreno 302 GPU, 512MB RAM, 4" 480x800 screen, 4GB internal memory with SD Card support up to 32GB, of course for both phones. That's why I was thinking, maybe it's possible.
Anyway, if you say that's not, then maybe, if you want, is there any way, that you maybe could make TWRP & CM11 for LG Joy? I tried by myself, but I'm too weak in compiling and creating such things :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

Well, it's weird, because from that what I was able to check, on many spec-sites, everywhere was the same SoC and all stuff. Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 8210 CPU, Adreno 302 GPU, 512MB RAM, 4" 480x800 screen, 4GB internal memory with SD Card support up to 32GB, of course for both phones. That's why I was thinking, maybe it's possible.
Anyway, if you say that's not, then maybe, if you want, is there any way, that you maybe could make TWRP & CM11 for LG Joy? I tried by myself, but I'm too weak in compiling and creating such things :P

Same chipset != same hardware. E.g. it still has different display panel so you wouldn't see anything on the screen. Different touchscreen hardware so you don't have any input. Linux kernel in Android devices is highly device specific. Kernel from some other device (even with same chipset) most likely doesn't even boot on your device. There's  a lot ELI5 articles you can find about this with a simple Google search.

Sure, send me a device and a month's salary and I'll do it. :P

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.