[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest boogyboo

Most likely you're doing it wrong e.g. using a source code that is not for this device!

nope, that's using all you've linked to...

those two dt files always fail. but all the kernels i've built work without em so they're not that important.

the build seems to be fine in my opinion.

though i've not actually hooked my OpenC to a service provider so I don't know how ril, in call audio, messaging, etc is working.  with a sim card in the device and recognized i am not getting any signal in the notification bar but it is showing in about phone

my internet connection has been crazy the last few days so i haven't tried to build from your sources yet.  i've built CM 10.2 however and it seems to work just fine, other than the aforementioned things i can't actually test to know for sure.

Guest GamblerTobi

I've never build cyanogenmod before. I think I dont have enough expirience on Android.

I don't mean boot animation.

I mean the animation that shows your battery stat while the device is charging.

The battery life is not very long at all.

Guest blankland

mass storage not work, I tried to toggle the UMS setting, and got these error:

08-19 12:45:30.410: E/ACDB-LOADER(19424): Error: ACDB AudProc vol returned = -19
08-19 12:45:30.690: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:30.690: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:30.770: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:30.770: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:30.850: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:30.850: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:37.960: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:37.970: E/ACDB-LOADER(19424): Error: ACDB AudProc vol returned = -19
08-19 12:45:38.170: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:38.170: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:38.260: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:38.260: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:45:38.340: E/UsbSettings(3202): UsbAccessoryMode false
08-19 12:45:38.340: E/UsbSettings(3202): USB Normal Mode
08-19 12:46:43.500: E/ACDB-LOADER(19424): Error: ACDB AudProc vol returned = -19

another thing is that ACDB-LOADER error occurs every time when play a sound.

MTP worked at the begin, after a time, accessing on PC got no response, toggle the MTP setting then fixed.

I would like to see UMS works rather than MTP, it's much more efficient than MTP mode.

Edited by blankland

Guest KonstaT

I mean the animation that shows your battery stat while the device is charging.

The battery life is not very long at all.

Do you mean offline charging (charging when device is powered off)? There's no charging animation in Android otherwise.

Offline charging worked the last time I tested it, I wonder what I did to break it. Plan was to switch to open source charger anyway. Here's a zip.

cm-11-kis3-offline-charging.zip
md5:e4647bbf1da6b363ad944f1fcb216a34

mass storage not work, I tried to toggle the UMS setting, and got these error:

another thing is that ACDB-LOADER error occurs every time when play a sound.

MTP worked at the begin, after a time, accessing on PC got no response, toggle the MTP setting then fixed.

I would like to see UMS works rather than MTP, it's much more efficient than MTP mode.

What OS do you have? Drivers installed? I've tested UMS on both Linux and Windows 7 and it works just fine for me. UMS is deprecated since ICS though and you should use MTP instead (sucks for Linux but still).

There's all kinds of useless logging that you shouldn't be too worried about...

Guest boogyboo

Do you mean offline charging (charging when device is powered off)? There's no charging animation in Android otherwise.

Offline charging worked the last time I tested it, I wonder what I did to break it. Plan was to switch to open source charger anyway. Here's a zip.

What OS do you have? Drivers installed? I've tested UMS on both Linux and Windows 7 and it works just fine for me. UMS is deprecated since ICS though and you should use MTP instead (sucks for Linux but still).

offmode charging is actually in the ramdisk on this zte device--both recovery and boot.

here are the actual oe charger image files from the ramdisk: 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3e8s4656nce68ax/openc--oe-offmode-charging.zip

some zte devices have offmode charging images in the splash.img [such as the avail/roamer z990(g)].

flashing any of the cwm recoveries availabe for the open c will break this feature (where battery shows when device is off and plugged in) since no one has copied the files over into their new recoveries...

i added into my personal cwm builds for the phone but it makes the recovery.img too big to use. 

Guest KonstaT

offmode charging is actually in the ramdisk on this zte device--both recovery and boot.

some zte devices have offmode charging images in the splash.img [such as the avail/roamer z990(g)].

flashing any of the cwm recoveries availabe for the open c will break this feature (where battery shows when device is off and plugged in) since no one has copied the files over into their new recoveries...

i added into my personal cwm builds for the phone but it makes the recovery.img too big to use. 

I know that very well. Using the open source version is of course better whenever possible.

My previous ZTE device (Blade III) also has charger images in the splash.img.

Recovery has nothing to do with offline charging! You don't even need to copy any files over, it's already there because build system copies everything automatically from boot (before removing some things again). It's nothing but leftover cruft. It works just fine with CWM installed and the zip I just posted.

Guest boogyboo

Recovery has nothing to do with offline charging! You don't even need to copy any files over, it's already there because build system copies everything automatically from boot (before removing some things again).

incorrect.

flash the stock recovery that comes with the device (ffos recovery) and offmode charging will be there again, even using your previous boot.img from cm11 that did not contain it.

for some reason it's in both the boot.img and recovery.img that comes with the phone.  overkill really.

using the 10.2 source those files were not copied into my cwm build going through the usual commands of porting cwm to a new device.

i've since put it into my recovery though using a new smaller kernel than the zte kernel from the ffos to android update that was released back when.

Guest boogyboo

i have yet to have any issues with either build.

when i put service on the device i'll be able to test further.

great work.  you definitely paved the way for making it easy for the rest of us to work with the device.

Guest KonstaT

incorrect.

Sorry, no. You're incorrect. ;) It makes no difference what you have in recovery partition. It's not even technically possible to boot from both boot and recovery partition at the same time!

flash the stock recovery that comes with the device (ffos recovery) and offmode charging will be there again, even using your previous boot.img from cm11 that did not contain it.

for some reason it's in both the boot.img and recovery.img that comes with the phone.  overkill really.

using the 10.2 source those files were not copied into my cwm build going through the usual commands of porting cwm to a new device.

i've since put it into my recovery though using a new smaller kernel than the zte kernel from the ffos to android update that was released back when.

What? There's stock charger binary and resources in both boot.img of latest CM11 build from the OP as well as the CWM build I've posted. Split them and see for yourself if it's otherwise too difficult to understand.

And the relevant bit of recovery creation. Everything is copied from boot to recovery (line 773) and then few things are removed from recovery ramdisk after that. Charger and charger resources are nothing but leftovers from boot.

All works fine here, battery life is good, autobrightness gives the illusion of working too which is nice :) , camera reads QRcodes off the monitor ok, good phone with firefox, great with CM11, thanks!

Guest GamblerTobi

incorrect.

for some reason it's in both the boot.img and recovery.img that comes with the phone. overkill really.

The offline charging animation worked just fine when I had the stock rom and cwm recovery installed.

Guest blankland

But there is no problem with stock android rom, should I reinstall the driver?

Another problem, dialer panel(just the panel not whole dialer ui) doesn't show unless click twice.

btw, my phone is EU version.

Edited by blankland

Guest KonstaT

But there is no problem with stock android rom, should I reinstall the driver?

Another problem, dialer panel(just the panel not whole dialer ui) doesn't show unless click twice.

btw, my phone is EU version.

Idk, works fine for me so it's likely a problem at your end. Try reinstalling drivers and see you've selected the right mode under Settings -> Storage -> USB computer connection.

I can't seem to find anything wrong with dialer either. I need exact steps to reproduce. UI issues like this are generally CyanogenMod bugs though, not something device/hardware specific.

I'm very excited to try this, however I would like to ask if it will work on the US version.

Actually I'm not sure what is the difference between EU/US versions. Some have said they support a different GSM frequency (850Mhz vs 900Mhz). There's no separeate Firefox OS -> Android firmware for US variant so you'll have to install the EU one first if you want to have any mobile radios working. If you'll lose a GSM frequency, I don't know. Please test and report back, there's always a way back to the official US Firefox OS firmware.

Guest johnyrocks2014

I managed to install this build on my device and I like it but some applications are not opening and showing constant "application has stopped errors".

Browser, Play Newsstand, Books, Apollo, Gallery

Submission subject

[CRASH]com.andrew.apollo threw java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Submission content 

ro.cm.version: 11-20140817-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3

length=0; index=0 same java error for all, however full error seems to be slightly different for each app.

Other applications like Chrome, Gmail, are working fine so seems its not specific to gapps.

My version is having 850/1900 and it seems to work fine although I had to enter the APN manually to I could use my data.

Guest KonstaT

I managed to install this build on my device and I like it but some applications are not opening and showing constant "application has stopped errors".

Browser, Play Newsstand, Books, Apollo, Gallery

Submission subject

[CRASH]com.andrew.apollo threw java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Submission content 

ro.cm.version: 11-20140817-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3

length=0; index=0 same java error for all, however full error seems to be slightly different for each app.

Other applications like Chrome, Gmail, are working fine so seems its not specific to gapps.

My version is having 850/1900 and it seems to work fine although I had to enter the APN manually to I could use my data.

Did you wipe? There's installation instructions to follow in the third post. We have an old saying here - no wipe, no whine. :P

Attach a full logcat after a clean installation if the problem still persists.

Guest johnyrocks2014

Yes, I did wipe(I was getting errors trying to install without formatting and wiping), but I did forget to flash gapps after cm.

First I started CM without creating a CM account or using my google account and then flashed gapps and started getting the errors.

Right now is 3am, don't ask me why I'm doing this at this time haha but I will try to reinstall and check again this weekend.

Btw, I'm not sure how to get the logcat for this errors.

Edited by johnyrocks2014

Hi,

thank you for that great ROM.

To install this ROM I used my PC with Linux Mint as OS. Installing CWM,ROM  and Gapps with adb tools was no problem for me.

But I have the following problem:

2-3 times a day, i can't awake the phone from Standby.

When i press the power button, the display stays black. It seems that the phone was shut down, but this isn't the fact.

When i connect the phone to my PC, the PC finds the partitions on the phone.

The only thing i can do is:

I have to remove and insert the battery, and start the phone manually.

I am new to Cyanogenmod, so there is possible a solution for me. Any idea what i can do?

...and yes, i did format the system and i did wipe data and factoy reset before installing the ROM.

Thx

Hylli

Edited by hylli

Guest blankland

Hi,

To install this ROM I used my PC with Linux Mint as OS. Installing CWM,ROM  and Gapps with adb tools was no problem for me.

When i press the power button, the display stays black. It seems that the phone was shut down, but this isn't the fact.

I am new to Cyanogenmod, so there is possible a solution for me. Any idea what i can do?

...and yes, i did format the system and i did wipe data and factoy reset before installing the ROM.

Thx

Hylli

I have the same question, this only happens when I am outdoor, I even doubt that it is caused by shocking, because I find its battery is not very tight.

Edited by blankland

Guest brthlmt

After install baseband version is unknown is this normal?

Sometimes phone restart its self. 

My phone is open c. first i install kitkat and after cm rom

like a instruction.

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

Thx

Hylli

I have the same question, this only happens when I am outdoor, I even doubt that it is caused by shocking, because I find its battery is not very tight.

Never happened to me, but I've never taken my device outside either. :P Post the appropriate logs (logcat, dmesg, last_kmesg) because without them, your guess is as good as any.

After install baseband version is unknown is this normal?

Sometimes phone restart its self. 

Yes, that's normal. ZTE RIL doesn't pass the version and there's no reliable strings I could read from the modem partition (like I've done on another ZTE device).

'Unknown' is actually accurate because there's no way of really knowing. ;) But if you want to hardcode it like it's done in stock ROM, you could e.g.
setprop gsm.version.baseband P821E10/whatever

in rooted shell (or add a line to build.prop). 

Also everyone please note that this is still very early port. It's only the second build and it's only been two weeks since I received my device. Time span in these things is normally in months - not weeks.

Guest hecatae

Hi,

Thx

Hylli

open c or kis 3?

what did you upgrade from, as your posts are suggesting the device is rebooting into either fastboot or ftm mode.

To get into FTM normally, hold down both volume up and down while powering up the device