User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

May I ask just out of interest, why you've chosen just these two ROMs?

Well, it's the top two in the poll and i can use things i have already written for Liquid without having to reinvent the wheel.

[EDIT]It WAS the top two in the poll.

If there is a wish to see an OmniROM version that is certainly possible.

Nothing is set in stone, this is just the first step towards moving to a new ROM.

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

Well, it's the top two in the poll and i can use things i have already written for Liquid without having to reinvent the wheel.

Nothing is set in stone, this is just the first step towards moving to a new ROM.

Thanks for your answer. I just thought, Omni would be the logical consequence after your statement concerning the Cyanogen and Microsoft cooperation.

Guest EnQeen

Everything sounds very good , but wont it be more efficient to work on one ROM ? 

I know that we have a big choice and everyone want to use special ROM they like , but it is your work and I am sure any ROM you will make will be used by a lot of users ^^

Guest Mourta

Everything sounds very good , but wont it be more efficient to work on one ROM ? 

I know that we have a big choice and everyone want to use special ROM they like , but it is your work and I am sure any ROM you will make will be used by a lot of users ^^

Well there will only be one RELEASE, this is just testing the possibilities of ... well it's going to be three ROM's.

After the testing is done one will be released.

It's either that or i'll decide that SlimRom is the one to go with.

It's just this week anyway and then i'll get back to the more interesting development.

Guest juantech

sometimes i have the phone hot about all when im charging it with the phone off, and the cpu freq its all times at 1,5 ghz and if changes changes to 1,1 ghz only, dont uses others freq, i had to use the app cpu tuner for solve this problem and the deep sleep, but the 1,5 ghz or 1,1 ghz continues charging whith the phone off and the battery icon its with bugs.(i can change cpu governor in kernel tweaker but its the same 1,1 ghz or 1,5 ghz allways in all the governors of kernel tweaker.)

now per example i have the phone at 51° charging the phone and using it at at the same time, this could be dangerous for the phone or its safe? i have fear of it.

Guest NothingSerious

sometimes i have the phone hot about all when im charging it with the phone off, and the cpu freq its all times at 1,5 ghz and if changes changes to 1,1 ghz only, dont uses others freq, i had to use the app cpu tuner for solve this problem and the deep sleep, but the 1,5 ghz or 1,1 ghz continues charging whith the phone off and the battery icon its with bugs.(i can change cpu governor in kernel tweaker but its the same 1,1 ghz or 1,5 ghz allways in all the governors of kernel tweaker.)

now per example i have the phone at 51° charging the phone and using it at at the same time, this could be dangerous for the phone or its safe? i have fear of it.

Relevant fix: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374952-liquidsmooth-40-featuring-new-mourta-hybrid-2015-04-10/?p=2256504

Guest bushi11

I use Liquid Smooth 4.0 and overall it's great. Although I've just met a problem. Sadly, I've allowed my phone to discharge completely. It charges for a while but I still can't turn it on. When I try to do so it basically shows Liquid Smooth animation screen and after a while it turns off anyway. Any thoughts ?  

Guest NothingSerious

I use Liquid Smooth 4.0 and overall it's great. Although I've just met a problem. Sadly, I've allowed my phone to discharge completely. It charges for a while but I still can't turn it on. When I try to do so it basically shows Liquid Smooth animation screen and after a while it turns off anyway. Any thoughts ?  

How are you exactly charging your device(Charger or USB > PC)

Guest bushi11

How are you exactly charging your device(Charger or USB > PC)

I have used both methods, approximately 1.5 h of charging for each.

Edited by bushi11

Guest NothingSerious

I have used both methods, approximately 1.5 h of charging for each.

Boot into recovery and let your phone charge there, try again after that.

Guest bushi11

Boot into recovery and let your phone charge there, try again after that.

It has worked, thx.

Edited by bushi11

Guest Mourta

It has worked, thx.

This has since been resolved, a couple of lines into the recovery-gfx.c (of all files out there, this is the one that deals with what you need) fixed it.

AGAIN...

This is the third time.

Anyway, i'll release a kernel update for this ROM tonight or tomorrow to fix that and to set the actual settings i use.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juantech

if i have cpu quiet to balanced and in the games how the cores are changing in on and off like allways, the heavy games like gangstar vegas are unplayable or not so stable like with the cpu quiet: userspace, would can be in the future some update to maintain the 4 cores running allways on in the games only? this would increase the stability of these who play games with cpu quiet setted to balanced a bestiality.

i dont know if this is the same in the stock rom but i quest for if could be get this increase of games experience with cpu quiet setted to balanced.

Guest NothingSerious

if i have cpu quiet to balanced and in the games how the cores are changing in on and off like allways, the heavy games like gangstar vegas are unplayable or not so stable like with the cpu quiet: userspace, would can be in the future some update to maintain the 4 cores running allways on in the games only? this would increase the stability of these who play games with cpu quiet setted to balanced a bestiality.

i dont know if this is the same in the stock rom but i quest for if could be get this increase of games experience with cpu quiet setted to balanced.

Assuming you already have the option, this is not needed.

Did you try runnable?

Guest juantech

@NothingSerious

i tried but is the same, ok i will change cpu quiet to userspace when i play.

update: well after much time testing configs and governors i getted a balanced cpuquiet with good game experience, is the bfq planificator, this in the games gives the frequence what the game needs and is stable.

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

@NothingSerious

i tried but is the same, ok i will change cpu quiet to userspace when i play.

update: well after much time testing configs and governors i getted a balanced cpuquiet with good game experience, is the bfq planificator, this in the games gives the frequence what the game needs and is stable.

Wait... what?

Why are you using BFQ? It's quite possibly the worst choice you can use for any static memory, almost everything else is better.

You do realize that BFQ is a sheduler, not a governor and that it has nothing what so ever to do with any 3D performance at all?

Guest juantech

Wait... what?

Why are you using BFQ? It's quite possibly the worst choice you can use for any static memory, almost everything else is better.

You do realize that BFQ is a sheduler, not a governor and that it has nothing what so ever to do with any 3D performance at all?

i only was testing schedullers and when i tried to use bfq scheduler i feeled a great increase of speed in the games but of course having the uptreshold at 21 and later i activated io busy to 1, i dont know what is io busy but i feeled the best gaming experience what i had and i remained all this activated with the governor abyssplug limited to 1300 Mhz for security and minimum at 510 Mhz.

With this config i have a good battery saving and a impressive game experience, but i will have to investigate more why this day dont works so fast the games and yesterday and others days yes, could be possible what im doing a crazything im not a master.

then i will test with the others, could be only what i touched other thing or someting and then the performance was in other thing and i thinked what was the scheduler for error.

i confused the scheduler word and the planifier sorry.

Guest juantech

The hml and otg dont works, here i have the logs when i connect the two.

hml:

k7m7hugc.png

rkwpqcbu.png

p22t9xik.png

qd24769x.png

drkwlxdj.png

toplqnti.png

otg:

zv7lr8qr.png

ypt4ndz5.png

2s478caq.png

6uiv6lqf.png

2e2gvu6e.png

sorry for my slowless to post the entire logs my internet is unstable, i finished now.

i setted the sys/kernel/otg_enable from 0 to 1 but is the same and with plugging the charger and then the otg too, i did the things what kolk explained when created the otg support to enable it but dont work.

if would be solved these problems or the hml would be really cool to can use this capabiltys with such a great kernel and rom, thanks for the attention.

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

The hml and otg dont works, here i have the logs when i connect the two.

hml:

k7m7hugc.png

rkwpqcbu.png

p22t9xik.png

qd24769x.png

drkwlxdj.png

toplqnti.png

otg:

zv7lr8qr.png

ypt4ndz5.png

2s478caq.png

6uiv6lqf.png

2e2gvu6e.png

sorry for my slowless to post the entire logs my internet is unstable, i finished now.

i setted the sys/kernel/otg_enable from 0 to 1 but is the same and with plugging the charger and then the otg too, i did the things what kolk explained when created the otg support to enable it but dont work.

if would be solved these problems or the hml would be really cool to can use this capabiltys with such a great kernel and rom, thanks for the attention.

So i just tried it and both work fine for me.

I'll review the logs.

• 1 month later...
Guest TJHookr

I made a logcat for the sound problems I am having, on the lollipop liquidsmooth rom

I plugged in the jack while the phone was sleeping, woke the phone, started the music player pressed play, and the sound came from the back speaker instead of the plugged in earphones

Here are the logs

http://www.4shared.com/zip/wl4mfMpmba/logcat_and_device_info.html

please tell me if more is needed to debug this problem

• 3 months later...
Guest TJHookr

I made a logcat for the sound problems I am having, on the lollipop liquidsmooth rom

I plugged in the jack while the phone was sleeping, woke the phone, started the music player pressed play, and the sound came from the back speaker instead of the plugged in earphones

Here are the logs

http://www.4shared.com/zip/wl4mfMpmba/logcat_and_device_info.html

please tell me if more is needed to debug this problem

the latest beta 0.9 lollipop is still behaving the same :( I guess the logs were not helpful

Can this be a baseband problem? I am using V20b-EUR, should I update? what are you using?

the latest beta 0.9 lollipop is still behaving the same :( I guess the logs were not helpful

Can this be a baseband problem? I am using V20b-EUR, should I update? what are you using?

No, it's not a baseband problem, i have the same baseband and i don't have this problem.

It's something else.

Try enabling awesome player and if that doesn't help, did you change anything with regards to audio like install some package that affects audio, does switching AudioFX settings change anything?

Please understand that i'm not going to spend a lot of effort on this ROM since i don't consider any LP ROM to be something i want to work with, i'm reverting to the last known good that we actually have support for without patching things to hack it into working properly, KK.

Guest juantech

No, it's not a baseband problem, i have the same baseband and i don't have this problem.

It's something else.

Try enabling awesome player and if that doesn't help, did you change anything with regards to audio like install some package that affects audio, does switching AudioFX settings change anything?

Please understand that i'm not going to spend a lot of effort on this ROM since i don't consider any LP ROM to be something i want to work with, i'm reverting to the last known good that we actually have support for without patching things to hack it into working properly, KK.

then will not have more updates the slimlp? will not include the video update and the new code update?

then will not have more updates the slimlp? will not include the video update and the new code update?

Well there will be a last stable version of SlimLP but LP will soon be overtaken by M which will probably solve a lot of the version problems from LP.

That is unimportant when it comes to the code and the actual updates, they are forthcoming with a new version of KK, it's just that i don't have to hack together something that semi works with KK like i have to do with LP.

If you want to run newer versions of Android for absolutely no reason what so ever other then you're going to have to find another way home.

I'm going with the last version where i can implement full support without hacking the living crap out of everything to even get it to boot most of the time.