[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest ferotakis

but u get old kgsl drivers with that kernel :blink:

And what ? Phone work better for me ... In fact i was reading that few mins after i update my Lappy Nvidia driver for new Dying Light game coz they write there thats the new driver is optimized for game ... and do you know what was the result ? - reverting back to older driver coz new one not bettering the game in fact its make it worst . The game is not optimized anyway yet but my point there is sometimes not the newest is the better. In fact idk what 2D/3D driver used on that kernel you say old and what is in new one included in that rom but for me games run better than this one like i say even AB GO is runing . May be the nokia adreno libs is not the best choise but im just sugesting . Im not into android and Linux i programing on Windows and I sort of M$ guy i guess. 

Guest bubux62

I installed this mod on my g510, and for now I am very satisfied :D
One problem. When starting, my phone connects to the network only after about 20 seconds,
while from the airplane mode it also takes almost 30 seconds. It is normal?
One question. I read that on g510 is not necessary to activate the "MP decision".
This mod which is the default setting?

Thanks

I installed this mod on my g510, and for now I am very satisfied :D

One problem. When starting, my phone connects to the network only after about 20 seconds,

while from the airplane mode it also takes almost 30 seconds. It is normal?

One question. I read that on g510 is not necessary to activate the "MP decision".

This mod which is the default setting?

Thanks

Stock ROM makes use of an script for faster RIL initialization, i used it in the past, but because people's couldn't change the kernel, i disabled that script, so you can install the kernel you prefer.

MPDecision is enabled by default.

Guest bubux62

Stock ROM makes use of an script for faster RIL initialization, i used it in the past, but because people's couldn't change the kernel, i disabled that script, so you can install the kernel you prefer.

MPDecision is enabled by default.

So to solve the problem I should change the Kernel? What would you recommend me any?

According your opinion it's correct to disable MPDecision on g510? Eventually how can I disable MPDecision in my g510?

Many thanks

So to solve the problem I should change the Kernel? What would you recommend me any?

According your opinion it's correct to disable MPDecision on g510? Eventually how can I disable MPDecision in my g510?

Many thanks

There is no kernel that includes that script, only me used it in the past.

If you disable MPDecision both of the 2 cores will be always active so the battery drain will increase, you can disable MPDecision you using Performance Control from XDA or Trickster Mod from PlayStore

Hi Folks

Really loving this rom but having an issue with the bluetooth....

Yes I know someone mentioned that theres an issue with stereo head sets but am trying to use the phone with my U10 smartwatch and bluetooth selfie remote.

Both devices work great with other phones but doen't seem to like the g510...

The U10 will connect and work for a few minutes then disconnects where as the selfie remote connects but nothing happens when you press the buttons....

Anyone have any ideas how to solve these issues as don't wish to down grade if I can avoid it...

Also does anyone have a prop build file for the g510 as mine thinks its a y300?

thank you

Edited by lohtse

Guest Alduin Acatosh

This rom is fantastic but unfortunately when you drain your  battery completely you will be stuck at CM animation forever. You may, by some miracle get to the lock screen but eventually it will return to the previous state.

By complete battery drain I mean that after you phone shut itself down you will try to  boot it at least several times.

two NEW issues am having with this rom are terrible battery drain and now texts either not arriving or when they do in a popup(handcent popup) when I try to view them in the app they are gone!!!!

Battery drain is terrible and this is with three batteries not just one. when charging they go from say 27% to 65% in seconds and batteries last around 6 hrs without really using the phone!!!!

Texts are the big issue here some arrive and appear in a popup(handcent) but are not there when viewing them in the app. I use a message forwarder to my work phone for some numbers(eg partners) and they indeed arrive as they are forwarded to me and even some times appear in a popup on g510 but not in the app!!!!

Theses two issues are now making this phone unusable and unreliable...anyone have a fix?

Guest Flea997

two NEW issues am having with this rom are terrible battery drain and now texts either not arriving or when they do in a popup(handcent popup) when I try to view them in the app they are gone!!!!

Battery drain is terrible and this is with three batteries not just one. when charging they go from say 27% to 65% in seconds and batteries last around 6 hrs without really using the phone!!!!

Texts are the big issue here some arrive and appear in a popup(handcent) but are not there when viewing them in the app. I use a message forwarder to my work phone for some numbers(eg partners) and they indeed arrive as they are forwarded to me and even some times appear in a popup on g510 but not in the app!!!!

Theses two issues are now making this phone unusable and unreliable...anyone have a fix?

0.0 never had battery problems

Guest ferotakis

Do you gonna fix that video playback issues or i just move on ? I really like this rom and want stay on it but i cant use my phone in 100% . I dont play games on my phone just use it for multimedia and social networking 

Guest clickmeplz

@fonz, your high audio patch is great for music (it is clearly better than AOSP), but it does not affect on FM radio. i think FM quality and voice in AOSP is a little better than CM10.1.

Please do something

• 2 weeks later...

Fonz what is the best kernel for your ROM?

Do you recommend Synopsys for battery?

For me any kernel has the same battery, they just came from the same source.. Huawei.

There are too many peoples that reports placebos in terms of battery or performances, they add a line in the build.prop that doesn't even do something (because it's deprecated or took from other phones that has a different code) and they say "WHOA, MY BATTERY, WOOO, 1 MONTH WITHOUT CHARGHING THE PHONE"...

ANYWAY, the Wi-Fi issue that someone got it's because of Dazzozo's Wi-Fi modules, they got a bug that persist on all of the ROMs that uses it, (including KitKat and Lollipop), to fix that, you can use Synopsis kernel, because it uses prebuilt Wi-Fi modules from stock ROM, that doesn't have that bug.

I managed to build this from source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod101Y300/android_kernel_synopsis, it's the kernel that moddingg33k was working on before stopping the development.

older versions of the kernel seems to have more and/or different commits, i don't really know which one is good or not, so i'll test the latest one (the one i linked previously) and i may include it in future versions (IF IT WILL BE, NOT SURE OF THIS), as it uses stock Wi-Fi modules.

Edited by fonz93

Guest jeffk82

Why if I use stock Kernel do I have issues with Link2sd and mount script error, Fat32 working ok but can no link all data.

I had other kernels and used EXT formatted without issues, but want to try and use stock kernel

Why if I use stock Kernel do I have issues with Link2sd and mount script error, Fat32 working ok but can no link all data.

I had other kernels and used EXT formatted without issues, but want to try and use stock kernel

Do you mean stock kernel of this ROM?