Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

We're here again, a new kernel is released and this one is a doozey.

This original version is just that, it's original, it doesn't have any of the goodies... well it has some of my magic but that is just the way it's built.

So, first release features nothing and here it is:

Source: https://[email protected]/mourta/mourta-kernel-3.4.git

Kernel (anykernel, should work with most roms) mourta-3.4-09-25.zip

New version 2014-10-05:
mourta-kernel-3.4-10-01.zip

This version is updated to 3.4.65, 51Mhz setting is fixed as well as a load of other fixes such as Bluetooth and baseband. It has new schedulers too. The GPU now scales up to 520Mhz.

---------------------------------------------

New version 2014-10-15:

mourta-kernel-3.4-10-10.zip

Fixes and updates for Bluetooth, Video, Camera, USB, WIFI, EDP and cpuquiet as well as loads of small additions that improve performance and reliability. General Linux update to 3.4.80

For battery life i recommend using balanced/interactive.

Built with 4.9-SaberMod

--------------------------------------------

New version 2014-11-27:

mourta-kernel-3.4-11-27.zip

The mother of all updates, all in all there are about 500 squashed fixes and updates in this version including GPU user overclocking (it is set at 416 so if you'll have to overclock to get the speed of past versions) and undervolting.

This version is compiled using 4.7 hardfp Linaro.

-------------------------------------------

New version 2015-03-12:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cmn74ym3d70ira/mourta-stable-2015-03-12.zip

Preview of stable-release.

Upgraded to 3.4.105, upgraded to last known stable Android-3.4, upgraded to last known stable Tegra-Android-3.4.

Prepared for upgrading to 3.10 and addition of some 3.10 code, mainly RTC and drivers/power/base kernel/power.

Fixed off mode charging icon.

Fixed audio.

Added Abyssplug V2.

Reworked a LOT of code.

-------------------------------------------

Are there problems with it? yeah, probably, do i know what they are? Well nothing too serious since testing came out clean.

If you find a problem with it, PM me for now, i'll make a thread eventually. If you don't have a log, don't even mention it though, i can't do anything without it.

Happy flashings. :D

Mourta

Edited by Mourta

Guest moneyvirus

Hellbringer! What do you mean by posting this?

Well back on topic I installed this kernel and I have to say it feels really decent sure battery live is low as you already told us but if feels smooth after a couple restarts everything got settled and my WiFi and Bluetooth started to work I noticed some more steps in Scaleing the CPU

The GPU seems to be stuck @max freq 416 some other version I had from your kernel was stuck @200

I'm curious to the next build when its getting more optimized for now you did a great job man really really thank you for the effort you did something LG isn't able to do [emoji38]

Edited by moneyvirus

Guest Gerard Szulc

any suggestions about recovery for flashing? i have 2.7.0 Adam77root compiled for multirom and multirom and i get infinite bootloop:)

edit: OK updated TWRP to 2.8.0.1 and its booting:) thx a lot for your work @Mourta

btw why the hell twrp changed buttons to boot into recovery?XDXD it was always voldown+power now its volup+powerXD

Edited by Gerard Szulc

Guest moneyvirus

@mourta I think I found something odd in Wifi / Bluetooth

For wifi sometimes after rebooting wifi won't turn on when i press turn on wifi,  it stay's on turning on wifi but it seems it never gets on.

and for bluetooth

when I connect my headset it connects but when I start to play music, bluetooth from the phone seems to turn off and it comes back than it connects but disconects rapedly.

I post all the logs I could get I have really no idea what you need

http://pastebin.com/WrcqqHSp this if rom a logcat.log not turning on wifi hopefully it's enough if you need other logs please tell me

i'll post a log from bluethoot in a cople o

Edited by moneyvirus

Guest Fladder72

any suggestions about recovery for flashing? i have 2.7.0 Adam77root compiled for multirom and multirom and i get infinite bootloop:)

edit: OK updated TWRP to 2.8.0.1 and its booting:) thx a lot for your work @Mourta

btw why the hell twrp changed buttons to boot into recovery?XDXD it was always voldown+power now its volup+powerXD

I've tried both, TWRP 2.8.0.1 and Adam Roots MultiROM. Bootloop after flashing the new kernel with both recoveries[emoji15]

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I've tried both, TWRP 2.8.0.1 and Adam Roots MultiROM. Bootloop after flashing the new kernel with both recoveries[emoji15]

Have you wiped system and reflashed the ROM too? If not, please try and report

@Mourta can you please explain me something.

You said that this is vanilla version of 3.4 kernel and the next release are going to be LS rom specific because of files that will be in the rom so the kernel will work. So I am asking why this files cannot be build-in kernel so it won't be rom specific? 

Thanks ;)

@Mourta can you please explain me something.

You said that this is vanilla version of 3.4 kernel and the next release are going to be LS rom specific because of files that will be in the rom so the kernel will work. So I am asking why this files cannot be build-in kernel so it won't be rom specific? 

Thanks ;)

Well, as i mentioned somewhere else it will probably still work but if the ROM isn't built using the headers for the kernel there is no way to use certain things that are in the kernel. I'm not sure what this means exactly but consider the next version to be unsupported on all other ROM's than mine and those built using my kernel.

Well, as i mentioned somewhere else it will probably still work but if the ROM isn't built using the headers for the kernel there is no way to use certain things that are in the kernel. I'm not sure what this means exactly but consider the next version to be unsupported on all other ROM's than mine and those built using my kernel.

So if I want to your kernel, how hard would it be for "someone less experienced" to build rom with your kernel headers? Because I would really like to learn something new and not be limited to only one rom. Thank you for understanding ;)

So if I want to your kernel, how hard would it be for "someone less experienced" to build rom with your kernel headers? Because I would really like to learn something new and not be limited to only one rom. Thank you for understanding ;)

Very easy, just repo the ROM you want with the device tree for it, then git clone my kernel in place and adjust the device three accordingly. You can just look at the device tree i'll be uploading for pointers on what to change. I'll make sure to put comments in where i disable or add code specifically for my kernel.

About this, it's the same with all recoveries you use, you may have to turn off the phone in recovery and pull the battery before boot to make it boot completely.

Remember, this is very new and there are hacks to make it run at all in place which means that it can be quirky. As time passes and i sort that out things will improve.

Once booted completely it will reboot just fine though.

I'll release another vanilla version before i really start adding all my stuff into it. This is mainly a dev release so that other devs can use it and add their own stuff if they wish.

Guest Gerard Szulc

THX a lot if i have time i'll try to build it too:) about twrp : i just flashed 2.8.0.1 then flashed wipe flased new rom and your kernel and it booted first time, no needed pulling battery etc

THX a lot if i have time i'll try to build it too:) about twrp : i just flashed 2.8.0.1 then flashed wipe flased new rom and your kernel and it booted first time, no needed pulling battery etc

Yeah, if system is wiped it's not necessary to pull battery.

I installed it having a system, cache and dalvik wipe and everything's so good and smooth I can't believe it's the same device mins ago.

Surely there will be bugs here and there because it's something new, but man you just created a new path for our smartphone.

I must be grateful for the hard work you're putting in and thankful for your bravery.

Guest Sipi1302

Hi Mourta, I try this peace of genius work on stock Lg rom and it worked excellent, fast and no lags, like reborn device except one thing, no deep sleep. I know your kernel is not for stock rom but anyway wanted you to know that Im amazed with performance. Thanks for yours effort to take full potential of ours LG 4x hd.

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

Hi Mourta, I try this peace of genius work on stock Lg rom and it worked excellent, fast and no lags, like reborn device except one thing, no deep sleep. I know your kernel is not for stock rom but anyway wanted you to know that Im amazed with performance. Thanks for yours effort to take full potential of ours LG 4x hd.

I'm testing, with Giuseppe's team, the kernel on stock rom and i have to contraddict you: it sleeps fine, but using a third party app like ds battery saver. My supposition is that maybe there could be some wakelocking app in background.

More tests are in progress so i could have more results to share.

This is my proof :

post-1045158-14118256456738_thumb.jpg

I can say i did edits with kernel tweaker on deep sleep mode but i don't know if this correct behaviour depend exactly on it. Surelly the app i use is helping on this.

I'll ask to Mourta if i can share my zip file of stock version.

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest Sipi1302

That will be great

I'm testing, with Giuseppe's team, the kernel on stock rom and i have to contraddict you: it sleeps fine, but using a third party app like ds battery saver. My supposition is that maybe there could be some wakelocking app in background.

More tests are in progress so i could have more results to share.

This is my proof :

attachicon.gif2014-09-27-01-15-35.jpg

I can say i did edits with kernel tweaker on deep sleep mode but i don't know if this correct behaviour depend exactly on it. Surelly the app i use is helping on this.

I'll ask to Mourta if i can share my zip file of stock version.

That will be great, I just replace zimage with new 3.4 kernel in previous Mourta modified kernel for stock nothing else.

Guest creedence

Hi Mourta

Thank you for your effort. Your liquid rom and your kernel 3.4 work perfectly. No hang up and not freeze.

GPS,3G,H,and WLAN working properly. I will test now on.  :)  Deep-Sleep-and CPU-core division in order.  ;)

GPS I've tried in the kitchen.(So under the roof, in the house.)!!!!

Many thanks!

post-949443-0-60966500-1411854744_thumb.

post-949443-0-23786700-1411854770_thumb.

post-949443-0-93650400-1411854796_thumb.

post-949443-0-65170500-1411854834_thumb.

Edited by creedence

Guest Fladder72

Have you wiped system and reflashed the ROM too? If not, please try and report

Wiping system and flashing ROM new before installing kernel works. Thank you. But there is no OC in the new kernel for me. Back to previous...

And without MultiROM I don't need a new kernel...

Edited by Fladder72

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Wiping system and flashing ROM new before installing kernel works. Thank you. But there is no OC in the new kernel for me. Back to previous...

And without MultiROM I don't need a new kernel...

"Vanilla" means basic kernel, without any custom change ;) You have to wait a bit more, for any custom feature Edited by Giuseppe Vallone