Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Hi Mourta

Thank you for your effort. Your liquid rom and your kernel 3.4 work perfectly. No hang up and not freeze.

GPS,3G,H,and WLAN working properly. I will test now on.  :)  Deep-Sleep-and CPU-core division in order.  ;)

GPS I've tried in the kitchen.(So under the roof, in the house.)!!!!

Many thanks!

The only problem is with Bluetooth and that is because of a very simple problem that was fixed about one minute after i uploaded that version.

I'm pushing a new version into testing, i've been running it just for a day but i've been testing 3D, multitasking, usb attatchments, GPS, Bluetooth via both external hid, headset, connection to computer and external speaker. So far so good. :)

If everything works out there should be a new stable within a week.

Guest streambinder

The only problem is with Bluetooth and that is because of a very simple problem that was fixed about one minute after i uploaded that version.

I'm pushing a new version into testing, i've been running it just for a day but i've been testing 3D, multitasking, usb attatchments, GPS, Bluetooth via both external hid, headset, connection to computer and external speaker. So far so good. :)

If everything works out there should be a new stable within a week.

Dear @Mourta, wanted to ask you the permission to use your kernel for my AOSP KitKat ROM.

Obviously I would give you credit and link to your sources in my thread's first post.

Let me know!

Guest creedence

Dear @Mourta, wanted to ask you the permission to use your kernel for my AOSP KitKat ROM.

Obviously I would give you credit and link to your sources in my thread's first post.

Let me know!

I have tested it on AOSP. Works flawlessly. The phone wakes up faster.

Guest streambinder

Of course tested on your AOSPKK. The whole system runs better and faster. This kernel is really well done. Although it is not yet finished.

Ok, perfect. I need an information: if you flash this kernel over my AOSP KitKat, do you notice any difference with audio issues? Do they get adjusted? Do headphones work?

Just because I was thinking about the fact the Audio issues could be related to kernel and from your sentence I can better understand it.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Let me know!

As Mourta said before about using his stuff, of course you CAN! Great to see you here, mate ;)

Just wait for the next release, where every bug about Bluetooth and other connectivity issues should be solved ;)

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest streambinder

As Mourta said before about using his stuff, of course you CAN! Great to see you here, mate ;)

Thanks, mate. Glad to hear that!

Okay! I will test it a little deeper and more thorough. One is already noticed: audio is louder, so volume I mean.

Ok, let me know if the bug still exists in last shared build, as I no more found that bug. ;-)

Edited by streambinder

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

Thank you so much. Awesome speed, only battery is a little bit low. But its great to see a second 3.4 port attempt after eternity... ;)

Indeed eternity wasn't a real attempt... Just the reworked cpufreq engine was totally new and otg support

Guest streambinder

Dear Mourta,

I wanted to know few informations:

• Are you using a custom toolchain to build the kernel?
  • Have you need to modify anything in LiquidSmooth code in order to make the kernel compiling and working?

I need these info as I continously get build errors on AOSP KitKat located in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd.

Greetings,

streambinder.

Guest Mourta

Let me know!

Go for it. :)

I'll never require you to ask permission for using my work as long as you link back to where you got it from. :)

I'll have to check out your ROM, i haven't since i left XDA and it wasn't quite done yet then. :)

Guest Mourta

Dear Mourta,

I wanted to know few informations:

• Are you using a custom toolchain to build the kernel?
  • Have you need to modify anything in LiquidSmooth code in order to make the kernel compiling and working?

I need these info as I continously get build errors on AOSP KitKat located in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd.

Greetings,

streambinder.

I use the standard GCC 4.6 or Linaro 4.7 or 4.9-SM depending on which version i'm testing, the testing version should work with the first 2, the liquid-4.4 version should work with all 3 and the stable version should work with either of the first 2.

I actually got an error in bcmdhd when rebuilding liquid last evening, i thought nothing of it since i set it to compile with 4.9-SM but perhaps there is more to it, i don't get the error when i compile it separately. I’ll look into it and let you know.

Guest streambinder

I use the standard GCC 4.6 or Linaro 4.7 or 4.9-SM depending on which version i'm testing, the testing version should work with the first 2, the liquid-4.4 version should work with all 3 and the stable version should work with either of the first 2.

I actually got an error in bcmdhd when rebuilding liquid last evening, i thought nothing of it since i set it to compile with 4.9-SM but perhaps there is more to it, i don't get the error when i compile it separately. I’ll look into it and let you know.

Yup, it seems it's the same error I got.

Waiting for fixes integration. ;-)

Guest ale.conigliaro7

I have no idea, try it and report back. :)

Didn't work,it has to be implemented in kernel.

It would be really awesome if you add that to the kernel

Thanks for your attenction and for this amazing kernel :)

Guest derders

wouldn't this impact on other mods like AC!D Audio Engine 8.3 or ViPER4Android ?

AC!D + recommended Sony Walkman Player works like a charm with Mourta's LS and 3.1 kernel (but on dalvik)

Guest Mourta

Thanks for your attenction and for this amazing kernel :)

Yeah, i won't be doing that, liquid already has viper4android built in so it would cause a mess.

But as i said, the source is open, try it.

Edited by Mourta