Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Yup, it seems it's the same error I got.

Waiting for fixes integration. ;-)

Now fixed by updating the whole thing to 3.10 and fixing it to work with this kernel.

It's a bit quirky, you may need to reboot after first install to get wifi to work.

@Mourta in this last kernel there are not so many tweaks (as you said). Also i cant find fast charge and abyssplug2. Well it runns smooth (made a fresh install).

Guest moneyvirus

If you watch the bit bucket account you will see a lot of progress I'm really hoping there will be an other update soon because it looks all really promising [emoji6]

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

@Mourta in this last kernel there are not so many tweaks (as you said). Also i cant find fast charge and abyssplug2. Well it runns smooth (made a fresh install).

If you followed the bitbucket account you'd see lot of progress in so few time. Now this kernel is arrived at 3.4.80.

If you followed better the thread you'd see that this kernel started from vanilla version, which means a pure Linux build without any form of optimization. You don't imagine in a minimal way the load of work to make a new vanilla kernel functional on a platform without any help from the productor.

Not only look promising, the facts already proves the great skill of Mourta and how fast he is doing this work.

Even if this work is free indeed it has a great value... It's incredible as usually people is not able to give a value to a work just because he hasn't a price.

Then Mourta has a real life too. If he promised something and he makes late of weeks or months or years is not a real matter for no one us I want to hope.

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest moneyvirus

If you followed the bitbucket account you'd see lot of progress in so few time. Now this kernel is arrived at 3.4.80.

If you followed better the thread you'd see that this kernel started from vanilla version, which means a pure Linux build without any form of optimization. You don't imagine in a minimal way the load of work to make a new vanilla kernel functional on a platform without any help from the productor.

Not only look promising, the facts already proves the great skill of Mourta and how fast he is doing this work.

Totally agree my friend so much work so much skills and so much potential for our phone we are blessed with mourta it keeps our device alive

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

I tried a lot of rom's . i have ben helping to some rom's as a tester. Never seen somebody interacts like this with his users. Guy is making something great. Few bumps on the road is perfectly normal thing. Eventully it will become perfect just needs some time

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

I tried a lot of rom's . i have ben helping to some rom's as a tester. Never seen somebody interacts like this with his users. Guy is making something great. Few bumps on the road is perfectly normal thing. Eventully it will become perfect just needs some time

In the end I wanted just to say a thing : it's important that we all show total and unconditional respect for the way how Mourta is spending his time and his talent not caring if anyone is paying him for this. No one should be critical or skeptical on how he is doing. Troubleshooting is sufficient as a correct way to be constructively "critical". Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

I am following mourta since he left xda and came to modaco and since than i am using his rom and kernel. But dont have that much time to check everything and the progress he makes... So thats why i asked

Guest Krislv

It seems it's not working, but I'm not really sure, I just tried with another LG smartphone and they paired, but sending the pic failed.

But as I said, I'm not really sure if it has something to do with the smartphone or else, so you should try it if possibile..!

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

It seems it's not working, but I'm not really sure, I just tried with another LG smartphone and they paired, but sending the pic failed.

But as I said, I'm not really sure if it has something to do with the smartphone or else, so you should try it if possibile..!

I can pair headset bluetooth device successfully but still can't test sending files.

Guest Krislv

It gets hot lesser than before actually, even if it has a higher gpu frequency... And very good thing, it seems it reconnects automatically when it looses network.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

It looks like gpu is stuck @ 492 is there a way to test this? My phone gets really hot and drains like hell

No, it isn't really stuck at 492 MHz..it's a trickster's bad detection

Guest slavkojos

Hi @Mourta, I have tried your kernel (01.10) and just wanna give you some feedback. Everything is really stable, no hiccups or freezes so far. Just a couple problems: It seems that cores never go in offline state while the screen is on (51 mhz is now ok) . Secondly, the sound from speaker and headphones seems louder but in worse quality. Haven't test the bluetooth yet. Overall, very nice job you are the best!

P.S. Seems there are lot of i/o schedulers now. What to choose?

Guest moneyvirus

No, it isn't really stuck at 492 MHz..it's a trickster's bad detection

Thanks m8 for the quick answer I was already thinking that way because trickster have more misreadings will test it more tomorrow like GPS and Bluetooth

Guest phynix5800

Mourta, could you please drop a line in your threads when you post a new version? It would help me, and probably others as well, to spot a new version more easily.

Thank you!

EDIT: by dropping a line I mean making a new post like "new version up guys, have fun!"

Edited by phynix5800

Guest Mourta

Mourta, could you please drop a line in your threads when you post a new version? It would help me, and probably others as well, to spot a new version more easily.

Thank you!

I update the topic title when i release new versions, for some reason tapatalk told me it went fine but it didn't update it.

Now that i'm on my computer it's done.

Guest Benjan32

I'm testing the new version right now. It's really smooth and fast but some things need to be fixed ofc :D

- battery life is not so good

- Screenshot does only work via power menu not via power+volume down

- you have to press the power button really long to get into the power menu otherwise the screen just turns off

- Volume over headphones is louder which is perfect but the quality is much worse even with viper4android and perfect settings

- phone does not go into deepsleep

But overall impressive work mourta

Edited by Benjan32

Guest Mourta

I'm testing the new version right now. It's really smooth and fast but some things need to be fixed ofc :D

- battery life is not so good

- Screenshot does only work via power menu not via power+volume down

- you have to press the power button really long to get into the power menu otherwise the screen just turns off

- Volume over headphones is louder which is perfect but the quality is much worse even with viper4android and perfect settings

- phone does not go into deepsleep

But overall impressive work mourta

Going for fully updated to 3.4.104 first, then stable, then battery life will improve.

However, the screenshot issue isn't something i'll even bother with, it's easy enough to take a screenshot, the power button issue should be fixed in testing and if it's not... well, just hold the power button down.

The volume is louder per default, this means that you will need better headphones or just lower the volume, this was implemented because it works with my headphones.

Phone goes into deep sleep just fine and stays there unless you're doing something crazy, like using it on a ROM that isn't mine. ;)

Guest greece4E

if it possible make kernel work for stock rom please .. i have lg l90 and has 3.4 and run very well with great power life 

ps. i cant play asphalt 8 ill try deferrend settings but always lag

Edited by greece4E

Guest Mourta

if it possible make kernel work for stock rom please .. i have lg l90 and has 3.4 and run very well with great power life 

ps. i cant play asphalt 8 ill try deferrend settings but always lag

This version might be, if Pasquale wants to.

Next version, probably not.

Don't know about games, does it work with my 3.1.10 kernel?

Guest greece4E

Don't know about games, does it work with my 3.1.10 kernel? 

you mean the game ? yes but with lag 

and i think battery life is like always about 2 hours