Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

It gets even better. ;)

Last round of updates brings us up to date with EDP and way more than up to date on cpuquiet (direct update via Nvidia patch sets to 3.10) not to mention that the update to 3.4.104 makes the kernel fully updated inline with the latest Linux kernel.

This also fixes the remaining bluetooth problems (i transfer files to and from my computer with no problem).

It's in testing, if all goes well it will be released in a few days.

Thank you very much for your work!

This kernel is fast! Even on interactive gov is responding immediatly

Didn't even add the boost stuff to it because for now it's the battery saving governor.

I think the next version will surprise everyone though, and then there is out of testing, the stuff i'm doing and running right now... hehe..

There are good things coming up ahead, i converted the tegra 4 code in 3.10 to match our device and since we're using tegra 4 blobs anyway, well i wasn't all that hopeful but...

It boots, it lives, it renders perfectly and once the kinks are worked out... i'm sending it to testing.

If i can do get this to work perfectly, there is no reason to not move to 3.10.

Quite a bit of the testing kernel is already upgraded to 3.10, the thing is, video isn't supported for tegra 3 there which is why i had to adapt to the tegra 4 interface via a new bus interface file, this works fine as logn as the bus_client goes along with it, it's far from perfect, but digging deeper into it and changing what i want to will help.

Kholk has done tremendous work on this even if that was never the intent when he started it, it's a patch work of one file to transfer our current handling to the new video handling.

Edited by Mourta

Mourta, I need some info: do your device tree need a patch in order to perfectly support this kernel?

Nope, however I haven't published the tree for this kernel. I'll do that this evening.

I will start using this kernel in my next ROM if and when it's out of testing.

Anyone else having signal loss? I have this 2-3 times per day.

3G, 2G, network signal loss or WIFI signal loss?

I'm going to release an updated Liquid with changes to RIL when the new kernel moves out of testing.

I'm going to release an updated Liquid with changes to RIL when the new kernel moves out of testing.

Using 3G or cause of bad signal 2G... And i dont know when and why, but i lose my signal. The only thing that helps is to reboot the phone. (dont have any logs). 

Using 3G or cause of bad signal 2G... And i dont know when and why, but i lose my signal. The only thing that helps is to reboot the phone. (dont have any logs). 

Using the default 3.1 kernel, my RIL crashes quite often (meaning I cant connect to any provider network anymore). I had to reboot entirely to solve that every time.

On the other hand, automatic RIL recovery on Mourta's 3.4 kernel seems to work flawlessly ;)

Thanks Mourta, awaiting the next versions of your rom and kernel :)

Guest Benjan32

I get 3g signal loss only sometimes when battery is under 15% then I have to enter my pin 3-4 times and after that it reconnects. WiFi works flawlessly.

Let's see if the updated RIL in the new ROM solves it.

Hi Mourta, USB tethering is not working. Do you have any ideas? I can make some logs if you want

Yeah, i know about that, it's far down the list of things to fix but it should be fixed within a couple of versions when i get to that part of the kernel. :)

any news about 3.4 for stock ? 

Still have to talk to Pasquale about that but i don't think it's working properly.

There will never be a completely functional and stable version for stock since some changes that are being implemented requires the ROM to be compiled with this kernel and an adapted tree.

Which things are now built in kernel? How well in battery life it goes? How close is the next version?

Check the bitbucket for commits, no undervolting, no overclocking, no new fancy governors, battery life is fair but not as good as my old kernel, next version comes along when testing is finished.

This is the last time i answer a question like this.

its possible to add ability to mirroring screen on  tv ? sorry for so mach questions 

I have no idea if it works or not, if it doesn't, video is under updating so i'll take a look at it when i plow over the whole HDMI stuff.

Check the bitbucket for commits, no undervolting, no overclocking, no new fancy governors, battery life is fair but not as good as my old kernel, next version comes along when testing is finished.

This is the last time i answer a question like this.

Ok, thank you. Looked over bitbucket, but I can't understand every specific commit.

Guest greece4E

I have no idea if it works or not, if it doesn't, video is under updating so i'll take a look at it when i plow over the whole HDMI stuff.

no i mean wireless 

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

any news about 3.4 for stock ?

I'm using 3.4 everyday on stock and with last version, despite 51 mhz is not selectable it scales fine on low frequencies. Seems all is working as it should, just the battery drain much more the previous 3.1.10 optimised kernel done. But I don't care so much, arrive at home on the evening so I can plug my charger almost after 7-8 hour with a medium usage. I'm still in testing so I can say all this.

I'm using an edited ramdisk from iodak plus some more strings taken from cm and liquid added to be sure all kernel functions are enabled properly, but all was working the same with normal ramdisk too.

You can ask to mourta if I can share it.

Guest greece4E

I'm using 3.4 everyday on stock and with last version, despite 51 mhz is not selectable it scales fine on low frequencies. Seems all is working as it should, just the battery drain much more the previous 3.1.10 optimised kernel done. But I don't care so much, arrive at home on the evening so I can plug my charger almost after 7-8 hour with a medium usage. I'm still in testing so I can say all this.

I'm using an edited ramdisk from iodak plus some more strings taken from cm and liquid added to be sure all kernel functions are enabled properly, but all was working the same with normal ramdisk too.

thats great ...please mourta left him to share it

Ok, thank you. Looked over bitbucket, but I can't understand every specific commit.

I understand that, however if i add something like governors, undervolting, overclocking or what have you then the commit will clearly state that.

If you don't want to wade through the multitude of commits (several hundred more coming) then just wait until it's out of testing and published to the public, i'll write what is new in the OP of this thread, right beneath the link to the new version. ;)

Right now it's just updating to make it as great as it can be without any extra additions, once that is over there will be time to add things that i want and after that i'll consider making a thread for user requests.

It's open code, you're free to share as you want to. :)

If you share a testing version, make sure you clearly state that though.