Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest SuperLamic

Thanks for answering.

But my cores aren't stuck. They scale alright, but the 4 of them remain online all the time, running all 4 at the same speed.

Even on very low cpu load, none of them go to offline.

Are you using mourta's LS?

If yeah just install this kernel over his rom (it will overwrite init), it doesn't turn on cpuquiet by default because of some bug.

otherwise I think you shuld try another rom.

Guest daniel.mota

Are you using mourta's LS?

If yeah just install this kernel over his rom (it will overwrite init), it doesn't turn on cpuquiet by default because of some bug.

otherwise I think you shuld try another rom.

As I wrote earlier, I'm using cm11 nightlies.

It's going to get worse.

I'm moving out from the LGE shadow and implementing new things that won't be supported in any ROM not built with my dev and vendor tree.

I know i know do not ask for ETA but just really curious after the flying start we had with this awesome kernel if there is still some testing going in?

The latest testing is not yet released, there have been problems in the crew but all sorted out now.

I'm moving to lollypop and i'll release what you might consider a years worth of commits to the kernel.

Guest greece4E

The latest testing is not yet released, there have been problems in the crew but all sorted out now.

I'm moving to lollypop and i'll release what you might consider a years worth of commits to the kernel.

man you make as very happy . we cancan't wait to test it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ephisray

I  installed this Kernel and its really smooth, but how can I activate fast charge? At the moment the charging is extremely slow, it is not even charging if I use the phone while charging.

Guest ottomanhero

I  installed this Kernel and its really smooth, but how can I activate fast charge? At the moment the charging is extremely slow, it is not even charging if I use the phone while charging.

Fastcharge is meant to make the phone charge faster when plugged into a powersource via usb (PC for example, not your charger)

Make sure your phone is cool when you plug it into charger, this ensures it charges the fastest.

Using the phone while it's charging should be avoided, kills the battery in long term

The only fix I've found to this was setting cpu usage in % needed to get to maximum speed (name varies depending on governor) to 70 and letting the phone enter deepsleep.

You must repeat this procedure everytime you boot, otherwise it is stuck at 1 ghz with 4 cores runing on.

Guest Ephisray

With other kernels it charged much much faster. I now charge my phone for 7h and its on 79%... Usually it was fully charged after 2-3h. 

Is there no way to increase charging current with this kernel?

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

I installed mourta LS last update,instaled his last kernel. I did a clean flash and instaled things from google manualy( downloaded the apps only) i am amazed with how it is all working,BUT i cant get the keys light off. I tried everything but i just cant. They are on all the time regardles of display. I found where to disable them but it is working. I disable them in menu but they are still on please help

Guest tool_king

Seeing a lot of activity today, I decided to build the kernel with latest updates included. Don't expect any support on this one though as its not an official release, just wanted to see how it works. Also, do not report any bugs using this version and make a backup just in case you get stuck in a bootloop or something. Built with 4.9-Sabermod.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6pdy46dlymjdtbn

Did you already test it yourself?

Guest NothingSerious

Did you already test it yourself?

Ye, runs smoother imo. (Just some general usage testing though)

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest moneyvirus

Wow this is great all those pushed commits look really prommising to be honest i thougt mourta quited his work due to the hussle there was but now i see this thanks mourta for all your effort

Guest SuperLamic

Wow this is great all those pushed commits look really prommising to be honest i thougt mourta quited his work due to the hussle there was but now i see this thanks mourta for all your effort

Yeah we can finally say: Jim, he's not dead :D

btw @NothingSerious can you build the kernel today again? there are a lot of new commits, your last build was amazing (thank you mourta)

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest NothingSerious

Yeah we can finally say: Jim, he's not dead :D

btw @NothingSerious can you build the kernel today again? there are a lot of new commits, your last build was amazing (thank you mourta)

Currently at school, might do it later though. (and as long as Mourta doesn't mind)

Edited by NothingSerious

He already said that he hasn't a Problem whith guys releasing kernels. Only thing you should make clear is, that it's a testing-kernel which isn't supported by mourta and he's not responsible for anything related to your kernel-build. Also it's now a kernel based in mourtas sources but not the mourta-3.4-kernel. This label is just for official releases by mourta.

Guest NothingSerious

He already said that he hasn't a Problem whith guys releasing kernels. Only thing you should make clear is, that it's a testing-kernel which isn't supported by mourta and he's not responsible for anything related to your kernel-build. Also it's now a kernel based in mourtas sources but not the mourta-3.4-kernel. This label is just for official releases by mourta.

So with that said, I need to change the name?

So with that said, I need to change the name?

Yes, you need to change the name and post it in a separate thread as your kernel built using my sources but in no way supported by me at all.

It's basically done for a couple of days now, then the fixing starts again until it's done, that is when i'll move it to stable and start adding the goodies like abyssplug, undervolting and such.

I noted your PM, consider this a response to both that PM and your question in this thread. :)

Nah, if i'm leaving i'll let you know. ;)

I've had a lot to do with babysitting, work and i've been under the weather for a bit too.

Guest NothingSerious

Yes, you need to change the name and post it in a separate thread as your kernel built using my sources but in no way supported by me at all.

It's basically done for a couple of days now, then the fixing starts again until it's done, that is when i'll move it to stable and start adding the goodies like abyssplug, undervolting and such.

I noted your PM, consider this a response to both that PM and your question in this thread. :)

Alright, also pmed you a last question if you don't mind :)