[PATCH] Performance improvement patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 - Updated on 2014.10.09.

Guest Arpione

guys 

go to settings > apps > all > nova and clear data and cache

use a root explorer

find the nova.apk and move it to sd or rename it like "nova.apk.backup"

place the new nova.apk where the old one was

give the right permissions -rw-r-r- or 0644

reboot in recovery and clear/wipe the cache

reboot to system

you will see "android is upgrading"

working nova  :D

edit: yes you will lose all your setting of nova but you can do before this a backup from nova settings and restore it after

Thanks for that. Except that there is no new Nova apk to install. There's the old prime or the new normal. I haven't gone looking for another apk on different sites.

What I was trying to do was upgrade from Prime 2.3beta1 to whatever the current one is. I know it's not the current one because I can't place icon on the homepage halfway across the grid squares.

Currently settling for the newest normal one which means I lose the gestures but I can have it looking as I want.

I'll try extracting from Jonzalvo's other 4.2.2 and see if that makes the difference. It seems to be a different apk in the two ROMs. Different filesize at least.

Edited by dmrtn

Guest martinoff

Thanks for that. Except that there is no new Nova apk to install. There's the old prime or the new normal. I haven't gone looking for another apk on different sites.

What I was trying to do was upgrade from Prime 2.3beta1 to whatever the current one is. I know it's not the current one because I can't place icon on the homepage halfway across the grid squares.

Currently settling for the newest normal one which means I lose the gestures but I can have it looking as I want.

I'll try extracting from Jonzalvo's other 4.2.2 and see if that makes the difference. It seems to be a different apk in the two ROMs. Different filesize at least.

Nope, you must pay for the apk mate

If you don't have pay for prime than use what it come with rom

Don't know if anyone is interested really but I took the Nova apk from Jonzalvo's second 4.2.2 AOSP, replaced the apk in Pure AOSP in /system/vendor/operator/app, then uninstalled Nova and restarted twice. I got the Android is upgrading notice. Now I have 3.0.1beta1 Prime installed which is good enough for me.

Guest mindtrapper

Why don't you guys just delete those cracked apps from the zip before flashing the rom? You can place the apk of a free launcher in system/app before flashing just to have a launcher and after flashing replace it from the store and delete it with Titanium.

rista1, no, PURE AOSP 2.0 (4.2.2) is still better than any KK ROM, but you may check yourself (maybe camera quality on KK will convince you?).

Edited by xeros2

Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b, I'm not sure which ROM I have, is it PURE ASOP, or... name of the rom was AOSP COOLPAD F1 8297W​ and downloaded from here
So can I install these camera patches, and will they do any good for me? I'm satisfied with the picture quality, but if it can be better, why not...

No - that jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2 and not his "Pure" AOSP 4.2.2 which is here:

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/pure-aosp-para-coolpad-f1-8297w.68017/

Basically you have this:

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/

and not this:

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/

I don't know if the patches work in the non "pure" AOSP ROM.

In fact I don't know what "pure" really means in this context.

You could backup in CWM and then try them and revert if they cause problems I guess?

Guest Alg0r1thm

Hello folks.

With those patches do you see the camera quality (& flash sync) being on par with kitkat? The camera truly is a make or break deal with me.

I don't game on my phone at all. On every jb rom i tested not only the raw image sensor data was awful, the flash sync was abysmal as well.

Guest mindtrapper

Any plans for a repack including those fixes and also the cracked apps removed from vendor folder and instead replaced with Apex free (or another free browser) in /system? :) (And maybe some nice sound settings in build.prop like many roms do).

Edited by mindtrapper

Guest Arpione

I had a repack in mind with the patches and updated versions of the extra apps but I never finished it, partly because I found out it's against the rules to share illegal content here (cracked apps inside a rom) and I haven't found any free launcher that supports folders in the app drawer and on the home screen (except Go Launcher I think but it's a memory hog). BTW Chigontech made a rom from jonzalvo's Pure AOSP v2 with my patches with any trace of the sources carefully removed :D There's a separate topic here. Download link from the Chigontech topic so you don't have to register: https://shared.com/hcmaxx71y3?s=l.

Edited by Arpione

Guest mindtrapper

Just use Apex. The user then can uninstall it with Titanium and install whatever they want. Don't include anything, in fact remove Titanium, Walkman or whatever was in there. I would prefer a repack from you, the original so to speak :)

Also do you think it's possible to take the camera libs from latest 019 (very good camera) and place them in a good 4.4 AOSP. That way we could have great camera and Gravity Box working...

Edited by mindtrapper

Guest BrucieK

Hi
I tried this on AOSP 4.4.2, I backuped all files, then replaced all files (libcameracustom.so, camera.default.so, Gallery2.apk, and 3 files added: Gallery2.odex, libimageeffectservice.so, libmedia_imageeffect.so).

It didn't worked camera and galery icons were missing, so I restored original Gallery2.apk and deleted Gallery2.odex, but now camera app was showing error(cannot connect or sth like this). So I resored libcameracustom.so & camera.default.so and deleted libimageeffectservice.so & libmedia_imageeffect.so.  But camera icon is missing now :blink: I don't know when exactly it dissapeared. Gallery works fine. All permissions are correct. I don't want to reflash rom or do factory reset, is there any other way to bring camera app back?

wipe cache/dalvik cache didn't worked, google camera works fine, but I want stock app :(

Edited by BrucieK

Guest BrocasHelm

That's why we take backup from recovery before such experiments. Also I think it was pointless, every kitkat rom has by far superior quality compared to jellybean.

Guest Arpione

This patch was intended to be used on jonzalvo's rom, it might run on other 4.2.2 roms (like that CM11 port) but it definitely won't work on any kitkat rom (but you already know that :)).

Guest BrucieK

I propose to replace libs with old ones (from rom), remove apk for both camera & gallery, reboot the phone, put back old gallery & camera apks & reboot.

I removed all libs and apk, rebooted, put back original libs, rebboted, put back original apk, rebooted and it worked :D  Thank you.

That's why we take backup from recovery before such experiments. Also I think it was pointless, every kitkat rom has by far superior quality compared to jellybean.

I know, but I was thinking that making simple copy of files is enough, looks like it's not :P

This patch was intended to be used on jonzalvo's rom, it might run on other 4.2.2 roms (like that CM11 port) but it definitely won't work on any kitkat rom (but you already know that :)).

Yep, I just wanted to test it, I knew that it will probably not work.

I'm on laek.17 v4 REPACK but sometimes camera app have problems with adjusting sharpness,(that box that turns green). When it turns green image is blurry, and it's fine just before box turns green. Preview is usually very slow(it stutters), i think that on device with 8 cores it should be faster than fast :P Video is recorder in 3gp file...

Edited by BrucieK

Guest userDJJ

Q1:

Should 3 patches from 1st page work on this rom (same author, never build):

CoolPad F1 8297W AOSP
AOSP-CoolPad-f1W-V2.0-jonzalvo.zip

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/ ?

Q2:

After every reboot i am getting superSU 2.16  "su binary needs to be updated".Neither normal / cwm (twrp) method doesn't  do the job done properly as after each reboot the story starts again.

My cwm is http://www.needrom.com/download/cwm-recovery-6-0-5-0/ .

Solution ?

Edited by userDJJ

Guest userDJJ

Found latest superSu 2.16 zip http://download.chainfire.eu/589/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip , flashed it in cwm, now is superSu is no longer available when i boot into gui android system. 

Or i should 1st uninstall in  gui android system, reboot into cwm and flash zip ?

What is the exact procedure ?

Edited by userDJJ