LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

OK, so i decided to make a brand new thread for this one because so much has changed (you'll find the change log in the second post)

First of all, the sources:

Kernel

Device Tree

ROM

Now to the ROM:

LS-KK-v3.2-2014-10-14-p880.zip

This ROM features the latest released Mourta-Kernel so there is no need to flash that on top of it.

The recommended recovery is any recovery that works, i'm using Adam77Root's multirom recovery but any current TWRP or CWM will work just as well.

The recommended GAPPS package is the latest wone from here, i use mini modular, you'll use whatever you want to.

To install this ROM:

Coming from another ROM (including my own old LiquidSmooth) i recommend that you wipe/format system/data/cache, install the ROM, install the GAPPS package and reboot. If you restore from backup after that you might as well just ignore all advice and if you whine about something not working it will be summarily ignored. NO WIPE, NO WHINE!

If you are upgrading the ROM you don't need to wipe anything at all and you don't have to install updated gapps either if you don't want to, just install the ROM and reboot.

Guest Marek Wasik

Hi Mourta. 2 cents from my usage of newest ls baby. 1st: all 4 cores are still online, 2nd: "broken" pictures of google play store. Full wipe as you said. Thx for your great work.

Guest Marek Wasik

Hi Mourta. 2 cents from my usage of newest ls baby. 1st: all 4 cores are still online, 2nd: "broken" pictures of google play store. Full wipe as you said. Thx for your great work.

Edit. Camera apk is fc all the time.

Guest NothingSerious

Confirmed.

Edit: Charging the device and putting it to sleep leaves the button LEDs on.

logcat.txt

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest moneyvirus

Confirmed.

Edit: Charging the device and putting it to sleep leaves the button LEDs on.

Are you sure you disabled the option light soft touch on charging because it's an option in liquidsmooth

Guest NothingSerious

Are you sure you disabled the option light soft touch on charging because it's an option in liquidsmooth

I can't find any option on that. The previous version didn't do this anyways.

Turn it off after full installation, turn it on agan and cpuquiet should be working properly. The strange pics seem to be something about the latest google play app.

Edit. Camera apk is fc all the time.

Works fine for me.

I assume you mean the native app and not googles camera or some hacked original camera app?

No, no. Native apk camera. And i tried other from play store, same thing.

Did you try turning the phone off and on again? There may be some problems with initial boot. (note, not reboot)

I don't have any problem with the native camera and not with googles camera either, if the problem persists i'm going to need logs to help you with it.

Edited by Mourta

No, no. Native apk camera. And i tried other from play store, same thing.

Does your camera shows any image glitches? Like green screen? Mine does and log says: Camera HW not responding

Guest Marek Wasik

I cant run camera at all. When i try to open it instantly fc. Another thing, all cores are online all the time. Tried to power off and than turn on. Nothing helps.

Does your camera shows any image glitches? Like green screen? Mine does and log says: Camera HW not responding

This is going to be impossible to solve.

I make a recommendation, no one mentions if they tried it, no one provides a log, no one does anything but says "it's not working".

I can't fix it, i can't replicate the problem, i can't even attempt to replicate the problem.

I had to revert to the previous kernel via flashing it since i'm normally running latest unstable version (pre-testing) and i have no problems, so if the turn off and turn on again (and again, NOT reboot) doesn't work, try flashing the kernel from the 3.4 thread, if that works...

I can't do anything without ANY information.

Works great. Only one thing missing (or its hidden) - wakelock blocker. Where to find this great option?

You won't need it for RIL anymore, it's autosleeping so nicely that i have had to check that it lives when called several times just to make sure, it is in state 0 as soon as we enter LP0 and it stays there until woken.

This ROM should remove the problems with RIL all together.

I have no idea where that option is though, i've never used it so if they moved it i wouldn't notice.

I'm by no means an expert on this ROM, i make the kernel and that's enough for me, the ROM is just compiled to my likings, i don't actually change anything apart from random patches when it's needed.

Gotcha.

By the way, camera works fine for me.

See... this drives me nuts, people report that it doesn't but then it does for me and others...

This is not physically possible.

2000:1 a proper wipe was followed by restoring apps that carry data relating to the camera.

Guest moneyvirus

Camera is working good here i noticed also 4 cores online I couldn't get it fixed by turning the phone on/off by reboot or changing cpuquite governor, then I flashed your kernel alone over this awesome ROM and now its fine really looking forward to see more of this awesome work thank you for all the work

Camera has problems in Retrica, preview cannot be shown.

Here is log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy7qdl68w8vetx/2014-10-15_22.15-retrica.zip?dl=0

This is to be expected, same as with goggles and some other things, the grouper blobs won't work properly.

Eventually i'll rebuild the cardhu drivers for our device but for that i needed this kernel which is not done yet, eventually it will be and i'll get to that.

For now, this is a problem with every version that uses grouper blobs and even if i could do an assmbly fix for ti, it's a band aid that i'll save for last.

IOW, this isn't a problem, this is a feature. ;)

Camera is working good here i noticed also 4 cores online I couldn't get it fixed by turning the phone on/off by reboot or changing cpuquite governor, then I flashed your kernel alone over this awesome ROM and now its fine really looking forward to see more of this awesome work thank you for all the work

This is weird, however what works, works.

It's the exact same kernel. (the zImage (the actual kernel) was copied so it's the exact same kernel, it's anykernel so init scripts are the same... oh well...

Gonna have to look into that.

'tis fast, isn't it.

And it's half done before i start adding the real features. I don't think overclocking is a good idea except for GPU, next version, you set the GPU, just note that anything over 600 will kill your device,  you can set it, but it will pop.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Marek Wasik

After flashing kernel ( of course Yours ) it seems to be fine. I had to wipe all again and this time did not restore google stuff from google account. So far it's ok. Fast as hell :D