Hudl2 vs Nexus 7 2013

Guest GCoverhead

Guest GCoverhead
I'm trying to find some benchmarks and head-to-head comparisons between the two devices but it seems to be too new for that. Does anyone have both a Nexus 7 2013 and Hudl2 and how do they compare, would you recommend a Hudl2 over a Nexus 7?
Thanks!

Guest GCoverhead

Nice find, Paul! 

Yeah good point. Interstingly, looking at those results, the Hudl2 seems to hold up well against the N7 at most of the tests. I'm not too bothered about batterylife as I'm rarely going to need it for more than a few hours during comutes etc.

Thanks!

Yes there are issues with newer versions of android, but the fact still remains, the cheaper hudl2 has access to a microSD port where as the nexus must be purchased with limited storage from the outset.

Guest CdRsKuLL

I have both right next to me at the moment, it's a tricky question really;

The plus for the Nexus 7 is..
Up to date system, being Android L very soon
Wireless charging

The plus for the Hudl 2 is..

Bigger screen
SD Slot

I'm more than happy with my Hudl 2 and I will be selling my Nexus 7 2013.  Plus, the Nexus 7 2013 will soon no longer be available new! 

Each to there own really..  If there is anything you would like me to run or photos etc, just let me know.

Steve

Guest andybarker

I have both right next to me at the moment, it's a tricky question really;

The plus for the Nexus 7 is..

Up to date system, being Android L very soon

Wireless charging

The plus for the Hudl 2 is..

Bigger screen

SD Slot

I'm more than happy with my Hudl 2 and I will be selling my Nexus 7 2013.  Plus, the Nexus 7 2013 will soon no longer be available new! 

Each to there own really..  If there is anything you would like me to run or photos etc, just let me know.

Steve

The Nexus 7 is no longer available?!  I'm surprised that one wasn't publicised more (only found it mentioned in a handful of places just now).

Looks like Google are only going for the high end rather than the low end models from now on.

Guest GCoverhead

Thanks guys, encouraged by this I went and got one. Wanted the blue one but that was sold out, seems they're popular already! Must say I'm very impressed with it, they call it a budget tablet which implies some compromises on performance, but I've yet to get frustrated or feel like I should have gotten a tablet with more grunt. Bottom line for me is the lovely bigger screen to read books, watch movies and browse the net and this does all that without any problems. Oh and yeah as CdRsKuLL mentioned, the SDcard slot is a major bonus!

Guest imi2003

Hi all,

i bought my hudle 2 yesterday, first impressions are very good, i also have a Nexus 7 2013. They are both comparable both in build quality and use. The hudl 2 has more potential due to having better hardware.

But i have noticed on my hudl sometimes it does not always register screen input, sometimes it takes multiple touches just to press a button. it happens more if the device is resting on surface and i am just using one hand.

If i am using the hudl with two hands touches seem more reilable.

its not something i have noticed with the nexus 7.

Has anyone else notice the same issues?

Guest imi2003

one more thing my nexus 7 with a cheap ebay flip cover, the screen goes off and on automatically when open and close the cover.  

The hudl on the other hand with the official £20 plastic flip case does not