Sign in to follow this  
CdRsKuLL

Just received a Hudl 2 system update

This is the second one I've received now, first one was one that was needed out of the box.. new details are;

KOT49H 20141009 

Not sure what it's fixed but it's good news that they are releasing updates :-)

hoping for 4.4.4

The update wouldn't install for me until I unmounted my external SD card.

I have enabled the File Explorer (FX) non-root Kit-Kat SD storage get around. I don't know if that's anything to do with it.,

Would have been nice to have a Changelog from Tesco...

Edited by state-it

Hi state-it

Cold you tell me more about the "FX File explorer non-root SD card Fix". How is it enabled and does it provide full SD card write access? I've never used FX explorer. Thanks!

Since this update, I appear to have some sort of issue with power - an hour and a half noodling about on the internet burnt 30% battery.

Any suggestions? Factory reset?

Having applied the update, Hudl 2 is feeling a lot less responsive.  Boot to recovery and wiped caches but still appears as if touchscreen is lagging and a couple of apps have stopped working correctly.

Worth mentioning that I heavily use the Child Safety aspect, thus have two profiles . .  I wonder if it is related to my issues.

Every time I check this forum, it reaffirms why I abandoned the device after just 48 hours. I got a bad feeling about the quality control of the Hudl 2, and why I returned it for a refund. No regrets at all, judging by the sheer breadth and increasing number of complaints seen here.

PS: Yes, I'm allowed to have this opinion.

Edited by glossywhite

Why hang around a subforum for a device you don't have? I don't mind that you do (you help people sometimes), I just wonder why you'd stick around.

Why not.

Every time I check this forum, it reaffirms why I abandoned the device after just 48 hours. I got a bad feeling about the quality control of the Hudl 2, and why I returned it for a refund. No regrets at all, judging by the sheer breadth and increasing number of complaints seen here.

PS: Yes, I'm allowed to have this opinion.

You are, but when your posts annoy people more than they help people, it becomes difficult to see the overall benefit of your contributions.

P

• Upvote 3