New Phone ??

Guest luca020400

Guest john_hutabara

Iam not sure, but i think huawei build is nice than other phone i ever held (that have jumping screen while charging include xiami) maybe i recomend asus zen4s aka 450cg. For more10$ .

Guest ZolaIII

But with mtk cpu you cannot work on it :(

Only root

Kernel sources are hard to find but not impossible. It's more related to brand - vendor than MTK. Their is hope that they will open much more:

http://www.china-devices.com/Thread-MTK-OPEN-SOURCE-soon-maybe

All the rest is a cheap American propaganda.

Why would anyone mention Android One when it's a cheap bullshit Goggles scam to kill AOSP! You want a shity phone for 110$? How about good one for 130$ or even better one for 150$?

Guest ZolaIII

Nobody is this frum will buy another huawei phone :D

O they will as Huawei is present international. I did mention Honor 4X that is nice for 130-146$. http://androidadvices.com/huawei-honor-4x-android-phone-specs-features-info/

They supposedly working on a MTK lineup too that I will definitely wait for.

Actually Huawei have & some pretty good things like quality displays compared to overpriced junk others (world wide brands) are trying to sell you in budget class especially HTC.

Guest ZolaIII

Android one is not shitty phone :/ it can play asphalt 8 in high graphics without lag.. Also planned to get official android lolipop

It's total bullshit scam, grow up! At least every one model presented as Android One up to date. Luckily Silver and Gold (programs) did fail miserably! Edited by ZolaIII

Guest luca020400

In deep Cortex A53 revisions & SoC performance metrics with used implementations known up to date comparison with a full scale of other cores and socs.

Why MT6752 will be a win win solution & still a budget one.

http://mobilesemi.blogspot.com/2014/09/early-test-results-suggest-cortex-a53.html?m=1

Note that this is with 32 bit Android so gain of 17-20% is to be expected with L. :P

Uru guru. :D

We will see in 7-8 months can Intel disrupt this.

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/MediaTek-has-two-new-64-bit-octa-core-chipsets-in-the-pipeline-for-2015-does-not-jump-over-the-1.7GHz-barrier_id62175 :p

Guest xals1997

Redmi 1S is really good ;)

Same moto g speecs but with micro sd , gpu more fast and better camera

Yes, and kra1o5 (who did a great work here with his cm10 and 10.1) has developed cm11 for redmi 1s.

And is cheaper than moto g

Edited by xals1997

Guest ZolaIII

Luca are you planning to switch to China unicom as provider as those new just announced MTK socs are (with extra celucar radio frequencies) are aimed mostly for it. :P Their will be a MT6752T as always & will work on 2 GHz as there will be & M version at 1.5GHz they are keeping true octa core setup with 6753. Avoid phones with older MTKa socs containing MALI 450 derivates as that is main reason for their bad battery life. I am really really disappointed that Broadcom did leave phone soc market...

Guest luca020400

Luca are you planning to switch to China unicom as provider as those new just announced MTK socs are (with extra celucar radio frequencies) are aimed mostly for it. :P Their will be a MT6752T as always & will work on 2 GHz as there will be & M version at 1.5GHz they are keeping true octa core setup with 6753. Avoid phones with older MTKa socs containing MALI 450 derivates as that is main reason for their bad battery life. I am really really disappointed that Broadcom did leave phone soc market...

:p

Guest Domstadt

But Moto G looks nicer and become a official 5.0 update.

I don't like the "round" back of the Moto G.

In my opinion, a phone should lay flat on the ground. But that's personal preferences ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Coreyz0rZ

I'm getting a Samsung S3, I know they're old, they're cheap now and still good hardware, gonnna install custom recovery, root and install a stable build of CM 11 (If it exists) Keeping my y300 though, brilliant little annoying full of bugs on every ROM phone ;) But it's been a good pal ;)

Guest qwertyu123

I was thinking to buy MotoG but I think I will buy the new Huawei G620S. It's cheap, a little bit more powerful than MotoG and 64bit! I'm waiting to see if the scene is active for this phone...

Edited by qwertyu123

I wouldn't buy another Huawei phone even if it had 4GB of RAM. Their support and Android modifications are very poor and their ROM's aren't optimized for each device. Their kernels are a joke too.

I would either save and get a Nexus device or buy a Moto G 4G (LTE). Or wait a while until the Moto G 2014 version has CyanogenMod and more ROM's to pick from. It's guaranteed a Lollipop update either way.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ZolaIII

I wouldn't buy another Huawei phone even if it had 4GB of RAM. Their support and Android modifications are very poor and their ROM's aren't optimized for each device. Their kernels are a joke too.

I would either save and get a Nexus device or buy a Moto G 4G (LTE). Or wait a while until the Moto G 2014 version has CyanogenMod and more ROM's to pick from. It's guaranteed a Lollipop update either way.

I have news for you. The Motorola is now Lenovo so either way you will buy a Chinese phone. Concerning Huaweis kernel used for our devices we at the end located Code Aurora branch so it's 10% Huawei & 90% Qualcomm. Huawei EU changed name to Honor. I will in the future avoid Qualcomm & Huawei along with it. Probably would not need to avoid Qualcomm for long as they are on the best track to bankrupt. Uncompetitive current gen socs (410 & 615), lawsuits (Nv & others), GPUs that are incapable to address any kind of texture surface transform with horrible driver's also uncompetitive with some competitors like Imagination. Actually only advantage that Qualcomm have in this moment is their last gen radio that uses dedicated QDSP6 black for processing. Actually I advice everyone to avoid the s410 SoC based phones as it's really bad; weak old rebranded GPU A306 that is A305, a problematic & not optimal first CPU A53 revision with potential problems with AA32 compatibility, used old pore without open source code QDSP5 (media acceleration) & only first gen LTE radio.

I know about Motorola being owned by Lenovo, but they're a known brand and they're making a huge effort with their phones. They're almost 100% AOSP and the kernels get pushed to github which is amazing IMO. They actually listen to their community too, which is more than I see some other companies doing. For that reason I'm likely to go with something that I know has support compared to something like an Xiaomi.

One thing I won't do is buy a MediaTek device.

Guest ZolaIII

Intersecting enough large share % of Xiaomi stock's is owned by Qualcomm. I whose aiming for Broadcom but they are out of the mobile SoC business so I will probably go for MT6752 even if they don't release source. Will buy one with L out of the box to avoid compilations on that mater...