[DEV][ROM] SlimKat with display-caf

Guest chil360

My experiments with the modified (legacymod) frameworks_av - see here - suggests that we need to work on frameworks_av not media-caf/legacy.

I can confirm this, i just built CM11 with display-caf and media-legacy, i have the same problems that we have using media-caf, so we need to work on frameworks_av, as chil360 already said

Guest qwertyu123

I'm following the development with much interest. Just one question I wonder. When it's finished it will be posible to port everything to the G300 (8815) as well?

I'm following the development with much interest. Just one question I wonder. When it's finished it will be posible to port everything to the G300 (8815) as well?

Do you have someone that is building ROMs from source except Dazzozo? all changes can be ported on u8815, because lg L5 has the same platform and it uses the same libraries and caf

No!

Why not? Edited by fonz93

Guest qwertyu123

Do you have someone that is building ROMs from source except Dazzozo? all changes can be ported on u8815, because lg L5 has the same platform and it uses the same libraries and caf

No, I hoped that if this work is also compatible with the G300 Daz will include it in his github sooner or later. Just wanted to know if G300 used the same type of libraries and caf. Anyway thanks for the answer!

No, I hoped that if this work is also compatible with the G300 Daz will include it in his github sooner or later. Just wanted to know if G300 used the same type of libraries and caf. Anyway thanks for the answer!

The work made in this repo: https://github.com/chil360/android_device_huawei_msm7x27a-common

can be easily merged, but there are also some device specific changes

Edited by fonz93

Guest shojib97

CPU is totally different, single core 800 mhz

yeah that is true but he overclocked up to 1405 mhz and the name seems to be same arm cortex a5

edit:pardon is different is a9 for huawei g510

Edited by shojib97

yeah that is true but he overclocked up to 1405 mhz and the name seems to be same arm cortex a5

edit:pardon is different is a9 for huawei g510

I don't know where did you see the specs, but our CPU it's an MSM 8x25 (8225 for Y300 and 8625 for G510 with adreno 203) and cortex A5.

Galaxy Mini 2 has an MSM 7227a 800 mhz with an adreno 200, it can be compared to LG L5, not to Y300 or G510

Edited by fonz93

Guest shojib97

I don't know where did you see the specs, but our CPU it's an MSM 8x25 (8225 for Y300 and 8625 for G510 with adreno 203) and cortex A5.

Galaxy Mini 2 has an MSM 7227a 800 mhz with an adreno 200, it can be compared to LG L5, not to Y300 or G510

yeah i know sorry the website was messed up it says g510 arm cortex a5 

Guest qwertyu123

I think galaxy mini 2 is similar to Huawei G300 which has a MSM 7227a 1000 mhz and adreno 200

Guest mega-samu

I think galaxy mini 2 is similar to Huawei G300 which has a MSM 7227a 1000 mhz and adreno 200

For it, we concentrate better on the LG L5 that has quite worked. :P

@chil360

Do you know why LG uses this?

"TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := cortex-a9"

Shouldn't they use cortex-a5? is it a workaround for something?

Also they don't use "TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM_GPU"

Edited by fonz93

Guest luca020400

should we add this?

PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \

camera.msm7x27a

I added this ;)

<luca020400> TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM_GPU must be used in boradconfig.mk ?? Because team hach lg don't use it
<Dazzozo> i think its dead
<Dazzozo> but people still include it because nostalgia

So is useless