hudl2 does not charge

Guest horizon21

Guest Clever Trevor

I've not got an update yet either?

They didn't even know about the problem when I reported it to them in October last year!

I want my update!!! Lol....

Guest Pipedreambomb

Just be patient a little longer, guys! 25,000 is not a big number in the general scheme of things, and most people who got it might not have even noticed yet.

Guest Jabbitt

Same here, just updated, nice to see can move apps to sd card now.

Does the app need to give you permission to use this feature. I've just tried some large games but that option is still greyed out.

Guest Keeping Up

Yes I got the update too but it came with a built-in "catch 22". After downloading the update the Hudl told me that a restart was needed but that the battery needed to be at least 50% charged so I would need to plug into the charger. Of course, the update hadn't yet been applied so it wouldn't charge any further until I powered it off. Doing this aborted the update so after recharging and restarting I had to download the update again. This time it updated OK.

Now to see if it has worked.

Guest cheese_aholic

Both my Hudl's have downloaded and installed the update fine.

Just need to wait and see if its cured the charging issue.

Ability to move apps onto SD card is useful; anyone know of any other changes / improvements etc...?

Guest I am eusty

On one of mine I had a couple of issues as it removed a couple of apps. :(

Although I don't think it actually removed them, rather forgot they existed as when I installed them from the store all the data was preserved... phew!

I guess it's just waiting to see if they have fixed the time/charging issue.....

Guest state-it

36 hrs on...

It's great to be able to charge again without having to think about turning off...

It did fail to re-register Locus Pro & Maildroid Pro on update. Folders & data all there though.

That's right you keep your hopes on a manned mission to Mars, I'm over the moon Tesco reached low Earth orbit myself (no pun intended).

Let's just enjoy what we now have for a while .......

Guest Pipedreambomb

Mine charged fine last night while switched on, having had the update. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

I agree, chances of it getting Lollipop... Well let's just say that my mind wandered slightly looking for metaphors and I genuinely typed unicorn instead lollipop above before realising my error.

Guest glossywhite

Lollipop is huuuuuugely overrated. I've got it on this Moto G, even on 5.0.2 with WiFi only and all Google sync off: "Heyy, how ya doin'? You want faster battery drain, we gots faster battery drain - plenty in stock - hey Al, go fetch the guy some battery drain and make it snappy..."

You wanna live sensibly without gimmicks and without needlessly updating to the latest thing just for the sake of it? Stick to KitKat - it works, and if you ask them to update to Lollipop, you're just asking them to start the whole testing and debugging cycle all over again.

There are CNC machines that still run Windows 98; why? Because if it ain't broken, don't go breaking it.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Jabbitt

On one of mine I had a couple of issues as it removed a couple of apps. :(

Although I don't think it actually removed them, rather forgot they existed as when I installed them from the store all the data was preserved... phew!

I guess it's just waiting to see if they have fixed the time/charging issue.....

I thought I was going mad as that happened to me too. Press and Tweetcaster Pro seemed to vanish and Nova Launcher forgot it was the paid for version.

Like you the data was still retained just had to reinstall from the Play Store.

Lollipop is huuuuuugely overrated. I've got it on this Moto G, even on 5.0.2 with WiFi only and all Google sync off: "Heyy, how ya doin'? You want faster battery drain, we gots faster battery drain - plenty in stock - hey Al, go fetch the guy some battery drain and make it snappy..."

You wanna live sensibly without gimmicks and without needlessly updating to the latest thing just for the sake of it? Stick to KitKat - it works, and if you ask them to update to Lollipop, you're just asking them to start the whole testing and debugging cycle all over again.

There are CNC machines that still run Windows 98; why? Because if it ain't broken, don't go breaking it.

I flashed lollipop on my sony xperia z ultra just before christmas . On Saturday I dug the phone out as I don't use it as my every day phone, I use a Huawei Ascend mate 2. To my surprise it still had a charge and had managed 22 days, 13hrs and 33 mins in standby mode with wifi on and Google sync. Just because it doesn't work well for you, it doesn't mean it's the norm.

Guest I am eusty

and Nova Launcher forgot it was the paid for version.

Same here now I remember, when I couldn't find the apps I looked if they were hidden and noticed Nova was the free version. Edited by I am eusty

Guest HeWhoWatches

Will be interested to see how other people fare - I installed the update yesterday evening, and tried to charge the device today. When I left the house, 39%. When I got home from work, still 39%.

Restarted the tablet and hey presto, within a minute or two the charging total was up to 40% and continued to charge as normal. So at least for me, the charging issue is not fixed. Build number is listed as "KOT49H.rel.android-build.20150106.154003 release-keys".

Guest Pipedreambomb

Will be interested to see how other people fare - I installed the update yesterday evening, and tried to charge the device today. When I left the house, 39%. When I got home from work, still 39%.

Restarted the tablet and hey presto, within a minute or two the charging total was up to 40% and continued to charge as normal. So at least for me, the charging issue is not fixed. Build number is listed as "KOT49H.rel.android-build.20150106.154003 release-keys".

I know it's not ideal, but you could try one last factory reset, for old times' sake.

Guest HeWhoWatches

Thanks for the suggestion, but unless absolutely necessary I'm not really wanting to go to the trouble of a factory reset right now. Restarting the unit is fine for me, it doesn't really cause me much bother - in fact, I was only really posting to see how others were getting on. Just curious really! :)

Guest glossywhite

I flashed lollipop on my sony xperia z ultra just before christmas . On Saturday I dug the phone out as I don't use it as my every day phone, I use a Huawei Ascend mate 2. To my surprise it still had a charge and had managed 22 days, 13hrs and 33 mins in standby mode with wifi on and Google sync. Just because it doesn't work well for you, it doesn't mean it's the norm.

That is a poor example of use case to demonstrate battery life. Of course it's going to last ages if you don't use it... but people tend to USE phones, you know?

Just because it works for you, with this unrealistic (non)-use case, that doesn't give a strong and accurate argument that Lollipop battery life is stellar.

You've taken a far fetched example of usage to make a point that doesn't hold up. If ALL the phone was doing was sleeping and just a periodic Google services sync, then it's small wonder by our battery lasted for days. Not exactly a rational and scientific test though.

Edited by glossywhite