Hudle2 broken "No Bootable Device, Hit any key."

Guest GCoverhead

Guest GCoverhead

Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with their Hudle2, Google has no results for this message and the Hudle2. 

It appearst to have lost it's boot drive. It was working fine, and I left it alone for about an hour or two then when I went back to it I noticed the screen was on but blank and it was extremely hot. It was unresponsive and after rebooting it, I'm presented with this screen. I'm going to return it when I'm back from my holiday but it's a pain that it died on me just at the start. NB I haven't rooted or messed with the device in any way so this seems hardware related.

post-1048752-0-79164900-1415206194_thumb

Guest GCoverhead

Hey Ricky, good suggestion, but nope -  looks like touchscreen is completely unresponsive, and pressing vol and power buttons does nothing, holiding down power button eventualy powers it off, but other than that it's pretty much paperweight :)

• 4 months later...

Hi, did you get any further with this problem?  My son's Hudl2 started displaying the same message after it ran flat at the weekend.  Now it won't power on (other than to display the "No bootable device" message).  Also can't boot into the Android menu, it's as if the boot partition has been completely wiped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. I connected a USB keyboard, so I finally pressed 'any key', but then the boot manager had no available option. After clicking 'Esc', my Hudl displayed only the 'No bootable device -- please restart system' message again and again. Now I am stuck at this point.

boot.jpg

Guest dennissingh99

I have exactly the same problem. I connected a USB keyboard, so I finally pressed 'any key', but then the boot manager had no available option. After clicking 'Esc', my Hudl displayed only the 'No bootable device -- please restart system' message again and again. Now I am stuck at this point.

boot.jpg

What happens when you press enter

After clicking Esc or Enter the message 'No bootable device -- please restart system' is displayed. Then, no matter what key I press, the same message is displayed.

However, I noticed that Hudl tries to read the USB key at start. So, I could try to save something bootable into the USB key (but what?) and restart the tablet. I'll give it a try.