ALL ABOUT KERNEL SOURCE,KERNEL PARTITION,STORAGE ETC(F1,A310,POLYMER)

Guest m@nish123

Guest m@nish123

HEY GUYS I OWN MMX NITRO WHICH IS CLONE OF COOLPAD F1 AND HIMAX

ALTHOUGH I AM TOTALLY FULLY EXPERIENCED PERSON RELATED TO MTK :D

THIS THREAD IS FOR RELATED CUSTOM KERNEL DEVELOPMENT,SOURCE HACK,PARTITION STUFF

SO IF U ANYONE TRY TO FIND OUT SOURCE (KERNEL)...

> I WILL FIX STORAGE (WHICH IS EMALUTED)

> ANDROID L

> ALL STUFF FIXES

AND MANY MORE

SO DISCUSS HERE ANY NEWS REGARDING KERNEL SOURCE

Guest slime00

hello! you could start your search here: http://8.37.231.8/download.yulong.com///DOWNLOAD_INFO/?wsiphost=local

this is coolpad's download folder, there are a couple of kernels and webkits, don't know if any of these are for our F1 or if those are complete, but the only way to know is downloading and knowing how to work with them (which I can't), so if you want to try, you are welcome to do it! :)

Edited by slime00

if  coolpad f1 user force to release source under gpl license...they have to release it..i know mtk not follow gpl....bt wiko share kernel source

Haven't we been here before and it's unlikely to happen?

Quite a few organizations ignore their responsibilities under GPL and similar licenses, the FSF are not going to chase everybody and individuals are unlikely to be able to force the issue...?

Edited by dalyer

Guest m@nish123

ALL RIGHT......NOW I AM GOING REVERSE WAY...I WILL USE WIKO KERNEL SOURCE TO BUILD ....ALL WE HAVE TO SEARCH DRIVER AND GIVE ME...HOPW UU GUYS HELP REGARDING THIS

I can't open lib/modules ???

A806 libMali.so

Thanks a lot!

I have replaced that libMali.so lib on laek.17+Alg0r1thm AOSPv4+v3 kernel.

It works but there's no significant performance difference (Antutu 5.2.0 3D: 6362-6376 -> 6168-6417, Epic Citadel: 58->55.8-56.2FPS).

So the thing to blame for performance is most likely kernel module (which unfortunately is builtin in KK ROMs on both phones).

Do you still have that Lenovo A806?

Would you check also these?

cat /sys/module/mali/version

and all files from /sys/module/mali/parameters:

cd /sys/module/mali/parameters; for i in ../version *; do echo -n "$i = "; cat $i; done

We have on F1 KK:

version = -6870fee

CPI_level0_threshold = 111411

CPI_level1_threshold = 131072

loading_threshold = 80

mali_debug_level = 2

mali_dedicated_mem_size = 0

mali_dedicated_mem_start = 0

mali_l2_max_reads = 28

mali_max_job_runtime = 4000

mali_max_pp_cores_group_1 = 4

mali_max_pp_cores_group_2 = 0

mali_shared_mem_size = 2147483648

Edit:

I'm also interrested in those values from JB ROMs.

I have changed mali_debug_level to 0, but it didn't bring any difference in performance.

Edited by xeros2

Guest slime00

I verified my rom (Jonzalvo's pure 4.2.2 with arpione's patch) and the values are the same for every voice!

we should also see if replacing "system - lib - modules - mali.ko" from that lenovo (or any other kk mt6592 device with good 3d performances) can change something!

here I found one of zopo zp998, don't know how it performs! If you have a kk rom and want to try, make a backup and replace this file https://github.com/ZP998/android_device_zopo_zp998/blob/cm-11.0/prebuilt/modules_6592/mali.ko

Edited by slime00

Thanks slime00, but copying mali.ko wont help as on KK mali kernel module is builtin into single kernel binary, not separate .ko module.

Edit:

Btw. is module version string really the same on 4.2.2, too? ( /sys/module/mali/version ).

Edited by xeros2

Rather yes. We can't simply swap one module or kernel from other phone if it has different any part of hardware (cameras, modem, touchscreen, gps, g-sensors/accelerometers, lcd, etc...), but if it would be just few bytes to change then there's still a chance.

What can be done is to unpack boot.img, decompress kernel, find & compare strings (& code around) from mali.ko from other phones KK MT6592 ROMs.

( I've done in past such minor changes (by editing kernel loaded in RAM) for RK3066 'noname' tablets to for example unlock USB HUB support for OTG. )

Edited by xeros2

Ermmm, guys - where are my posts gone?

I posted terminal output ten minutes ago here????

I knew there will be some confusion :D

u0_a141@A806:/ $ cat /sys/module/mali/version

-VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.32.1_ST_A808t-i_A53-2-g91f3dd4
u0_a141@A806:/ $

rameters; for i in ../version *; do echo -n "$i = "; cat $i; done <
../version = -VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.32.1_ST_A808t-i_A53-2-g91f3dd4
loading_threshold = 80
mali_debug_level = 2
mali_l2_max_reads = 28
u0_a141@A806:/sys/module/mali/parameters $

and F1 values are:

We have on F1 KK:
version = -6870fee
loading_threshold = 80
mali_debug_level = 2
mali_l2_max_reads = 28

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

Btw. is module version string really the same on 4.2.2, too? ( /sys/module/mali/version ).

in 4.2.2 version is r3p2-01rel1

Edited by slime00

Guest m@nish123

Here is Good news...Curretly tested custom kernel ....it's hangs after logo due to lcm(display)driver missing ....as soon my exam finished in dec....will fix this...then we may get cm 12 and lollipop...cheers

Guest slime00

wow, awesome news! :D please, keep us updated on the process and (if you want) open a topic on xda about this project, maybe someone with better skills than we have can help you! :)

Guest m@nish123

wow, awesome news! :D please, keep us updated on the process and (if you want) open a topic on xda about this project, maybe someone with better skills than we have can help you! :)

well...i guess currently no need of that..as itself me..know all  stuff...if i need help..will ask some of dev on fb

Where did you get kernel sources?

From other MT6592 phone vendor?

I'm worried that this optimism could be a bit too early and you will get problems with other important drivers also.

But... I hope I'm wrong.

I'm curious about details of your progress (even if kernel wont boot or boots but something doesn't work).

Edit:

Now I found that you have made much progress with other MT65xx phones, so I hope that you will succeed with Coolpad F1, too.

Edited by xeros2

Guest prshkr07
Hi m@nish123, 
Could you please fix the accelerometer not working in micromax A310 on custom roms (like miui,emui,aosp 4.4.3) of coolpad f1 (except laek kk with v3 kernel). When i replaced the zImage of those custom roms with laek's v3 kernel then accelerometer starts working but camera stops working (can't connect to camera).