[MOD] Multicolor Notification LED

Guest dakok

Guest gst0098

Any1 tried on CoolUI by ATX?

While the Blue, Red and Green directories are present the patch doesn't seem to work.

I suspect CoolUI make something not canonical to leds management as apps that control leds do not works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arpione

I tried this on baldos81's KK AOSP rom but it seems that white isn't available. I tried it with Gravitybox, Light Manager Pro and even through commandline but no luck. No matter what order I enable the 3 colors from the commandline, as soon as both green and blue are on, red turns off. Does white work on other roms?

edit: yellow doesn't seem to work either.

It actually does work but the difference is so small that I couldn't see it.

Edited by Arpione

• 7 months later...
Guest dalyer

Apologies if this is a dumb question but is there a flashable zip for this 7 colour LED patch?

One that works with AOSP ROMs such as A310 or Maucat?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Amidius64

Hi there,

i hope i can find some help here, the only thread  i saw shedding some light on the issue i am experiencing so far.

Firstly i have to mention that i am not the owner of a Coolpad but i simply use an Android phone with KitKat preinstalled and standard ROM

But i believe this issue with notification LEDs is common to any Android phone.

By the way my issue: the LED blue color is not working on my smartphone, as i should see at leat 3 leds working, sug=ch as red,green and blue)

Forget about mixing colors until i saw this post. Will ask later about this.

My situation is the following browsing within the system with Root Explorer:

Isystem/lib/hw/lights.default.so

this file when i read it shows there is a command to manage blue light

but

sys/class/leds folder contains:

green and red (blue is missing)
button-backlight
lcd-backlight

sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds
same story,blue is missing

So i am assuming that those 'scientists' that were doing m phone made a mistake?

How do i insert add the blue into those folders? If possible?

I tried to copy files like red or green to a SD card to rename them and put them back as additional files within those folders,

but when i do it it actually creates a never ending series of sub folders and files, rather than just copy the single file. So i can't proceed.

Coming back to the MODded lights.default.so:

i actually tried to use this file but temporarily replacing the original one.

Problems: no LEDS at all now, i only have two by the way), red and green- and back ligth gone after the set time (30 seconds) i cant put back the screen back light on by hard button.

I had to take off the battery and quickly put back the original lights.default.so file and it was back to 'normal'.

Now what i was looking for is: 

adding the blue light working at least.

Ideally being able to use this magic file that allows multicolor.

How do i go about it?

HELP!!

Guest dalyer

Firstly i have to mention that i am not the owner of a Coolpad but i simply use an Android phone with KitKat preinstalled and standard ROM

But i believe this issue with notification LEDs is common to any Android phone.

By the way my issue: the LED blue color is not working on my smartphone, as i should see at leat 3 leds working, sug=ch as red,green and blue)

Are you sure about that? I.e. it being a general issue?

Surely it depends on the hardware?

Maybe your phone simply doesn't have blue?

And why post here when this is a forum specifically for Coolpad F1!?!?

Guest Amidius64

Hello, i meant that anyone with Android phone could have an issue with leds and this mod could apply to many phones not just a Coolpad.

The file that control the lights has instructions for the blue, but the file for blue in the sys is missing and If my phone hasn't blue light at all i can't tell.

I posted here because i haven't found another similar discussion for what i need.If there is I would like to know.