Hey guys!!! How many of you still use a San Diego/Xolo?!?

Guest xolo x900_2

Guest xolo x900_2

hey guys... its been long since I posted here... I just wanted to see how many of you still rock the awesome phone... I got my X900 dead and got it replaced with an X1000 which I managed to kill again and then I got it replaced with the Nexus 5!!! I really love my nexus but I am looking around for an X900... just as a secondary phone since it was awesome... Comparing X900 with my N5 is not righteous but still apart from the crappy GPU, after sale service and no software update it was pretty much perfect... what do u guys say?!?

Guest glossywhite

hey guys... its been long since I posted here... I just wanted to see how many of you still rock the awesome phone... I got my X900 dead and got it replaced with an X1000 which I managed to kill again and then I got it replaced with the Nexus 5!!! I really love my nexus but I am looking around for an X900... just as a secondary phone since it was awesome... Comparing X900 with my N5 is not righteous but still apart from the crappy GPU, after sale service and no software update it was pretty much perfect... what do u guys say?!?

Hello :)

Are you writing a book; "Memoirs of an X900 user" ?

Hopefully they're all in landfill by now, or they've been melted down and the plastic turned into sweet wrappers and the gold recovered and made into wedding rings. Lol.

No sane person is using a Xolo product at this stage, unless they're senitmentality for them has clouded their common sense. Moto G all the way, and never looking back for a moment. I gave my dying San Diego to my Uncle, who, almost a year later, still hasn't bothered to use it - can't say I blame him. :P

The phone is long dead, but thanks for stopping by to remind us all of the terrors of poorly moulded, fracturing plastic, and a failed experiment by Intel.

Cheerio :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest xolo x900_2

Hello :) Is this"Memoirs of an X900 user" ?

Hopefully they're all in landfill by now, or they've been melted down and the plastic turned into sweet wrappers and the gold recovered and made into wedding rings. Lol.

LOL!!! its a shame though... developers may have kept the phone alive if Intel wasn't a bunch of A**holes for not releasing the kernel or the way to unlock the boot loader...

Guest xolo x900_2

No sane person is using a Xolo product at this stage, unless they're senitmentality for them has clouded their common sense. Moto G all the way, and never looking back for a moment. I gave my dying San Diego to my Uncle, who, almost a year later, still hasn't bothered to use it - can't say I blame him. :P

The phone is long dead, but thanks for stopping by to remind us all of the terrors of poorly moulded, fracturing plastic, and a failed experiment by Intel.

Guest glossywhite

LOL!!! its a shame though... developers may have kept the phone alive if Intel wasn't a bunch of A**holes for not releasing the kernel or the way to unlock the boot loader...

Nope, it's not a shame - it's a good thing, as it taught us a hard lesson; STICK TO RESPECTED BRAND NAMES :D

motorola-new-logo3.jpg

Edited by glossywhite

Guest xolo x900_2

well... xolo is a popular brand here in India now!!! thanks to a slew of cheap mediatek powered devices... but still the shitty after sales service which takes a month or two to get it repaired!!! but people still buy them...

Guest xolo x900_2

Nope, it's not a shame - it's a good thing, as it taught us a hard lesson; STICK TO RESPECTED BRAND NAMES :D

motorola-new-logo3.jpg

true!!! Nexus has opened my eyes!!! now I'm going to upgrade it yearly...

• 7 months later...
Guest David Mo

Surprisingly, my daughters phone has only just been retired aged 3 as the power button has become difficult to press. She was still happy to use it though I talked her into a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 aka ZTE S6 hybrid.  I wouldn't have coped with it that long though it served her well. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest MrPuddington

I just got mine out this week, because I needed Android 4.1 or older to test something. So it is still useful. 

As for Intel, you are spot on, but they got what they deserved. Although Intel CPUs are clearly superior, you can only find them in cheap low end Android tablets. In fact Google just removed support for the latest Intel platform from Android. No doubt the arrogance displayed with the San Diego has been a key factor in how things panned out. 

I am still surprised how a company like Intel could mess up this amazing opportunity, but at least the failure is well deserved.  

• 1 year later...
Guest MrPuddington

I was still using mine - as a phone, not a smart phone, but now the battery has died. I am not sure it is worth spending 7 pounds on a replacement, but I may try the downgrade and SD card unlock, because it would be a great music player (still has the best sound of any phone I have owned). 

But I now got an older Note II (also frome 2012), and it is shocking how much better the Note is. Better screen, better software, halfway up to date (Android 4.4). Intel could have really made the San Diego great with an Android upgrade to 4.4. Instead they killed their reputation, and then the whole mobile division. 

Edited by MrPuddington