strange problem related with sim lock

Guest Luis Carvalho

Guest Luis Carvalho

my G300 was sim Locked, have the cyanogenmod 10.1 installed, but now even when i make a force update still continue unlocked!

is related with the imei?

best regards

Guest Luis Carvalho

hello, but with an official rom continues unlocked... my only issue  is when i officially unlock the bootloader give me problems...

this is the secondo g300 in the house, the imei was hacked and have to restore is unhacked for unlock the bootloader...

Sorry - I don't really understand what the problems are here.

Can you clarify?

Why is it a problem if CM unlocks the phone for use on any network and it stays that way when you install another ROM (even if I find that very surprising)?

And what problems do you get when you unlock your bootloader?

It's generally a bad idea to hack your IMEI.

You should restore your IMEI backup to get back to the correct IMEI.

Guest Luis Carvalho

this phone, only had a cm 10.1 rom ( cm-10.1-20140301-NIGHTLY-u8815 ), before that has a official rom gb. when i fot to stock rom should becom sim locked, yes?

i didn´t hacked the imei on this, i was the other.

my concern is when i go to unlock the bootloader will have problems...

If it was originally network locked, but then CM unlocked it then I would expect that when you go back to another ROM it will be locked again.

But you say this is not the case. That is odd but in spite of that I would just try unlocking the bootloader anyway having installed stock (e.g. ICS B952) and see how it goes.

DON'T try to unlock the bootloader on stock GB!!!! The GB bootloader is not locked and attempting to unlock it will cause problems.

You need to be on stock ICS.

Just to be clear in case of any confusion - network/SIM [un]locking and bootloader [un]locking are totally different things.

Hope this helps.

Guest Luis Carvalho

yes, i know the differences... but thanks any way... i only posted this  because i didn´t find any thing related...

and to give the you developers the odd and strage event...

best regards...

Guest Luis Carvalho

the phone is working ok...

unlocked....

with the gbextreme...

accept any sim card...

and i am waiting, form huawei, the bootloader unlock code...

the baseband is 109808

one qusetion, is possible to un-hack the imei?

and note that this phone hasn´t been imei hacked!

No need for the bootloader unlock code if you stay on 19808 and the GB bootloader.

And don't try to unlock the bootloader when on 19808/GB bootloader as you will have problems.

Not sure what you mean by unhack the IMEI but if you make a backup with 5irom then you can always restore it if something happens to it.

Search the forum for details.

Guest Luis Carvalho

just a litle update, received the reply e-mail form huawei, anda for this G300 they don´t have unlock code... is it possible, because is on warrenty until 24 of December?

I'm surprised that they say that assuming the data that you sent is original and correct.

If you need it then just keep asking them as some people had to persist to get theirs.