[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

Could I just flash maucat rom over laek.17 v4 or is it better to wipe data/cache/dalvik and then flash ?

Obviously second is better,but I'm too lazy backuping [emoji13]

then go with the first option,you will learn some things about android..!Like following the second option.

:D

I have the 12.12.

You think it will be a problem if i flash the last version over the it, without wips?

As above - try it and see.

But I would always do a clean install of any new or updated ROM as it's a better bet on no problems.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Dreamkill3r

some screens are from infocus rom....are they similarly built? cause I have infocus I think the first version(which I like) and I am up for any updates)

Guest korekore1

completely lost 2g/3g signal 3 times in half a day while sitting home (were i have full signal)

Only able to find signal again after a reboot.

Is there such a HUGE bug in this rom?

Guest korekore1

AOSP or Infocus?

I didn't notice any major bug in AOSP.

aosp.Lost network 5 times till yesterday in area with full signal.Had to reboot to get signal back.Other users from myphone.gr confirmed too..

usb debugging keeps switching off by itself too.

Edited by korekore1

I had InFocus installed. Tried AOSP and it didn't work well for me at all a few days ago.

LED didn't work at all, charging didn't seem to be working (battery percentage didn't go up when charging at all, did go down when unplugged) The battery would charge when turned off and when the phone was turned on and charging it would just stay at whatever the first level was. LED worked when the power was off too.

Also, the CPU temperature on the physical phone was very hot to the touch.

I reinstalled the ROM again and had exactly the same issues (did all the wipes on both installs)

Back to InFocus now. Pretty happy with it actually.

Aosp - signal perfect, led works, no heating..

Very strange that you have such problems.

Did you clean everything before flashing.

Maybe a stock 4.4 flash through ygdp would help

Haven't had time since I did it to write out a step by step of what I did but I intend to. Seems very strange that I had such problems and no one else did.

I have it for 8 days now.

No problemos. :)

Does it matter what stock was flashed previously?

Does it affect what baseband or RIL you have - a bit like on the G300?

BTW - I've been trying to keep the "issues" post updated as things are posted here (and elsewhere) about this ROM...

If I miss anything feel free to shout. :D

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374138-aosp-44-by-maucat/#entry2244479

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

one more thing.Besides the random signal drops i also have bad reception.At home with other roms i have 4 bars of 3g,with maucat i have 1-2 bars only..

There is definitely something wrong with signal reception in this rom.

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

i think the rom is very good but the weak signal/signal loss thing is something that bothers me.It would be great to have an update for this rom but i read in the russian forum that the dev don't have coolpad F1 so that will be a problem.

i will try some init.d scripts about 3g reception from another rom,maybe they will work

So I tried this infocus kernel with aosp... battery life is good, 7h sot, 1day on battery, but I think performance is not so great :unsure:

Anything you noticed in performance exactly or was it just a sense? Everything feels pretty smooth for me.

Guest razorinc

Anything you noticed in performance exactly or was it just a sense? Everything feels pretty smooth for me.

If you are using aosp maucat could you please make a antutu benchmark? you can send me results in pm, I am just curious...

If you are using aosp maucat could you please make a antutu benchmark? you can send me results in pm, I am just curious...

I'm using InFocus. I had a lot of trouble with AOSP and had to get rid of it.

Guest Milanche78

post-1046155-0-79450200-1419526939_thumbpost-1046155-0-67422700-1419526696_thumbpost-1046155-0-64338900-1419526698_thumb

Anybody else having this weak signal/signal loss problem?

As I asked earlier could it be anything to do with the baseband/RIL installed?

Is this bad?

Edited by Milanche78