hudl 2 update coming January the 5th 2015

Guest turboteeth

Guest turboteeth

I rang Tesco direct to get a return code for my hudl2 as i've had every common fault found :( they told me an update was being released on Jan the 5th that should fix all my issues but ive had enough.

Sorry i don't buy an item and expect it to not function as intended out the box??? Ive had the no charge issue, random time changes, white lines when moving in and out of sleep glitch, electric shocks from hdmi port whilst charging and the fact mines purple and it wont come clean?

good luck with your hudl2's guys 

Guest awarner

You will not get an electric shock from the device, more likely you discharged your own bodies built up static to the device.

Its quite common and I know of  people who get this from plugging in headphones on their pc etc.

You may even have some of your problems because of your static discharge.

Guest turboteeth

no mate sorry there is a constant 5v discharge from the hdmi port i checked with my multimeter not felt by holding in my hands but when i lay in bed and rest on my bare chest it gives enough out to cause a constant tingle! 

***edit to say only whilst on charge***

Edited by turboteeth

Guest Desolutional

no mate sorry there is a constant 5v discharge from the hdmi port i checked with my multimeter not felt by holding in my hands but when i lay in bed and rest on my bare chest it gives enough out to cause a constant tingle! 

***edit to say only whilst on charge***

You're not meant to lick the HDMI port, nor any other port...

(I don't get any shocks from any port whilst charging, like awarner said, static)

Guest seanspotatobusiness

What do you mean "a 5 volt discharge"? There's no such thing. There might be a 5 volt potential but nothing's going to make it tingle unless it's pressed against wet skin. Where are you placing the electrodes of your multimeter to measure this potential? If it includes the shroud, maybe you're using a faulty charger or cable but where is the second electrode in this scenario?

Guest turboteeth

The outer surround on HDMI port to the outer surround on the micro USB port whilst charging gave a reading of 6.32 volts whilst charging and 0volts whilst not charging, enough to give me a constant tingle but I'm not here to argue this matter I came here to mention the upcoming update and tell people I wasn't happy with the faults of the hudl2 which I've now took back for a full (£129) refund and added £20 to it and purchased a medion lifetab 10.1 from aldi

A lot of people on here are happy with the hudl 2 faults and a lot of people also got the club card boost so are happy with the £60 price tag.

Hope you have a happy new year.

Good luck with the upcoming update cya

Guest turboteeth

You're not meant to lick the HDMI port, nor any other port...

(I don't get any shocks from any port whilst charging, like awarner said, static)

I was trying to see the picture on the radio with my eyes closed ;)

Eh! medion lifetab 10.1 with that low resolution surely I must have read or looked up the wrong tablet .........

In the world of android tablets, very few if any are faultless 100% - OTA updates are just a fact of life, it's just the speed of the OTA updates from Tesco's that has always been a disappointment hay-ho.

Edited by Guest

Guest turboteeth

Hudl2 and lifetab have same resolution check the spec on the new 1 its a s10346

I've had androids from nexus 1 I have now a nexus 4 (perfect size phone I doubt I'll upgrade anytime soon) that's just gone on to lollipop and its glitchy has hell kills the battery randomly restarts flashlight won't turn off constant freezes etc so I know all about how buggy some things can get but I say this with regret because I did like my hudl2 but tesco obviously rushed this to the shelves without proper testing? In my opinion for it to have so many faults out the box?

This lifetab is probably full of problems I'm sure I'll find something to moan about but after using all day I'm well happy with it I've wrote a mini review/comparison on here in another section

Edited by turboteeth

Yes assumed I must have looked at the wrong one, will have another look.

Glad you are now happier at the end of the day dare I say it - they're just tablets after all.

.... after a better look, looks like it's an Aldi 'special' - when it's gone it's gone, as it's not listed on Medion's own website, shame.  :ninja:

Edited by Guest

Guest seanspotatobusiness

Maybe they just don't know what's going on and have been setting deadlines with nothing but hope that they can fix it by then?

News to me they had a hudl or hudl2 support reputation to loose in the first place ....... maybe this will silence the Lollipop hopefuls now.

Anyone holding out for "the update" before Rooting - I'd just Root now and don't hold your breath for "the update" - anyway Paul will update his Root image thread when it happens. :ninja:

Edited by Guest

Guest benzodiazepines

Could just be a staggered update as is standard with any Android device - different batches of devices get the updates at a time, if any bugs come up they can stop the update and fix them before it hits every device. Google, Samsung, HTC, everyone does this. It's standard practice.

If you think they're just lying about the update pester them on Twitter and see what they say.

Guest jamie_

Could just be a staggered update as is standard with any Android device - different batches of devices get the updates at a time, if any bugs come up they can stop the update and fix them before it hits every device. Google, Samsung, HTC, everyone does this. It's standard practice.

If you think they're just lying about the update pester them on Twitter and see what they say.

Thats JUST what I did (see my other post)

Guest Desolutional

News to me they had a hudl or hudl2 support reputation to loose in the first place ....... maybe this will silence the Lollipop hopefuls now.

Anyone holding out for "the update" before Rooting - I'd just Root now and don't hold your breath for "the update" - anyway Paul will update his Root image thread when it happens. :ninja:

Ya, I wanna' know how he does it. So I can pop my own /system apps on my ROM image before I bake it and flash it.