Got my Hudl 2 Update

Guest deadphill

Guest targetbsp

We can't write to the SD card, and still can't after this update. Download any file manager and try to move something to the SD or delete something from it. It will fail because the system does not have SD write permissions. This is a Google restriction but it's a very easy one to remove and if Google is putting back non-Google features like apps to SD I think they should put this back too.

I move stuff to and from my sd card all the time?  Have done since day 1.  It's only way I've been able to cope with the limited internal space!  Move stuff to the internal card as I need it.  I'm using the non-root version of root explorer, which is imaginatively titled 'explorer'

Personally mine has been a lot slicker since update everything from typing to touchscreen swipes and even browsing pages seem to load faster i did not suffer from the battery issue prior to update. Nice work Tesco

Can't say the same for Lollipop update on my nexus 7 more like icicle with all the freezes but that's for another thread

Guest ylapylap

Took the update now I've 2 upset kids as Angry Birds Go , Angry Birds Epic and Real Racing 3 fail to start. Any esasy way to uninstall the hudl2 update? As I didnt have the charging issue with the previous version

Thanks in advance

Guest Mark_He

That's not a problem I have. My podcast app (Podcast Addict) stores them on the SD and I've downloaded to the SD using uTorrent. I'm not rooted either.

I just created a file on the SD card using ES File Explorer.

My microSD card is from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A44NWAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 and I formatted it using the Hudl 2 when prompted.

Yup, ES is accessing the sd card with no issues for me as well.

Guest Gazzap45

To anyone having trouble with frozen/not starting apps. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling them. After my post to Gid last night I found a couple of apps that would not run, touch wood after a restart all seems well.

Re-installed RR3 and its now running just fine post update. So as Gazza has said its def worthwhile re-installing any apps that are misbehaving after the update.

Guest glossywhite

hmm just updated and it deleted a bunch of apps. which is odd.

also any one feel the tablet seems more juddery after the update?

Maybe you wouldn't have been so downhearted, were it Tesco's own apps which the update had deleted?  Now THAT would have been an update worth applying! :D :D

Guest ylapylap

I haven't tried reinstalling misbehaving apps as I assumed that would delete the game progress and would have to start from scratch ? (I don't log into facebook etc so data is only on the tablet).

what i was going to try was to remove the app updates tonight and see what happens as that should retain the game data.

Guest PaulOBrien

I haven't tried reinstalling misbehaving apps as I assumed that would delete the game progress and would have to start from scratch ? (I don't log into facebook etc so data is only on the tablet).

what i was going to try was to remove the app updates tonight and see what happens as that should retain the game data.

Use something like Helium to make a backup first!

P

Guest benzodiazepines

I move stuff to and from my sd card all the time?  Have done since day 1.  It's only way I've been able to cope with the limited internal space!  Move stuff to the internal card as I need it.  I'm using the non-root version of root explorer, which is imaginatively titled 'explorer'

Weird, I'm using OI File Manager and it doesn't work at all on the SD, and Mega cannot store files on the SD either. 

Guest targetbsp

We can't write to the SD card, and still can't after this update. Download any file manager and try to move something to the SD or delete something from it. It will fail because the system does not have SD write permissions. This is a Google restriction but it's a very easy one to remove and if Google is putting back non-Google features like apps to SD I think they should put this back too.

When I ran this after rooting: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount

It stated the external SD card wasn't writeable and offered to patch system to fix it for me.  I said yes. It rebooted the device and now it seems happy.

Were you rooted?  I wonder if it's an issue with the rooting?  I just checked and explorer can still copy to the sd. I didn't think to check after rooting and before folder mounts patch though...

Edited by targetbsp

• 5 weeks later...

here's my twopenny worth in case it means anything, not rooted, using sandisk 32gb card,

am able to transfer data to sd card using es file explorer, but

have tried to set up a 'Download' folder on the sd card using es root explorer and it gives me a message saying google does not allow writing to the sd card and i would need root, but it has allowed me to create a folder called 'download' (note the capitalisation difference)

Edited by mrrog