[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

install kernel adiutor, you have it on play store and manually set cpu frequency and disable mpdecision

On my phone installing the patch zip did not change the settings als well, I also had  to use Kernel Adiutor to change them, but still had black screens.

On http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/374572-rom511-cyanogenmod-121-y300g510-04062015/?page=35

hgoldy300 said:

"For me Smartmax did the trick, no black screens for more than 3 weeks."

So if Smartmax governor helped him with CM 12.1, I think I will try if it can help me with SlimLP as well...

Guest anotherjib

So if Smartmax governor helped him with CM 12.1, I think I will try if it can help me with SlimLP as well...

I tried smartmax too, it worked well, no blackscreens (but badass gave better antutu score)

Guest TheNemesis584

On my phone installing the patch zip did not change the settings als well, I also had  to use Kernel Adiutor to change them, but still had black screens.

On http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/374572-rom511-cyanogenmod-121-y300g510-04062015/?page=35

hgoldy300 said:

did you enable apply on boot option? check again settings in adiutor

I tried smartmax too, it worked well, no blackscreens (but badass gave better antutu score)

Obviously some devices do not habe black screens at all, even with default settings. Did you have black sceens on your device before using smartmax, so we can be sure it brought some improvement on your SlimLP?

Guest anotherjib

Obviously some devices do not habe black screens at all, even with default settings. Did you have black sceens on your device before using smartmax, so we can be sure it brought some improvement on your SlimLP?

No I never had any blackscreens. I had one reboot though yesterday (first time after installing slimlp which happened about ten days ago). Reboot occurred in battery saving mode, some notification appeared and when I swiped down to see what it is the phone rebooted.

Have to say without battery saving mode, under both smartmax and badass the phone is perceptibly warmer than before with slimkat.

I don't know whether it is related but I also had problems with TWRP 2.8.6.0 - it kept freezing each time I tried to reboot to anything from recovery. Had to revert to 2.8.5.0.
Unfortunately the TWRP guys ceased updating for Y300/u8833, so I could not try 2.8.7.0. Btw does anybody know whether one still can get 2.8.7.0 for our devices somewhere?
(I have opened a thread for that - so far nobody replied)

Edited by anotherjib
(added detail about overheating)

Guest TheNemesis584

I don't know whether it is related but I also had problems with TWRP 2.8.6.0 - it kept freezing each time I tried to reboot to anything from recovery. Had to revert to 2.8.5.0.
Unfortunately the TWRP guys ceased updating for Y300/u8833, so I could not try 2.8.7.0. Btw does anybody know whether one still can get 2.8.7.0 for our devices somewhere?
(I have opened a thread for that - so far nobody replied)

I have problem with twrp too, phone freezes on reboot or turn off option, so every time I need to pull out my battery, don't know why is this happening

Guest herrdeh

Two different ftp servers crash the phone reliably when I try to copy a file from the phone to my computer over FTP. Only me? - Could someone make an ftp server work?

Wolf

hgoldy300 said:

So yesterday I had installed SlimLP, installed Kernel Adiutor, switched Governor to smartmax (and checked it from time to be sure it still was set...), and after about 30 hours of good hope I had a black screen after an incoming call. :-(

About 1 hour before that I had noticed that with every incoming call it took more and more time until the display switched on.

Now what?

(Thanks  to TWRP I have  a perfect  "Disaster Recovery"  to  switch back to  SlimKAT ... ) 

Edited by UliZ

Guest knoelli

First of all thanks a lot to chil360 for this rom and the regular updates !!!

I installed beta 0.3 + Slim GApps (as linked in the OP) some days ago on my Y300 without the black screen fix, and so far had no problems, smooth handling and no black screen so far :)

Today I dirty-flashed the new beta 0.4, wiped only cache and dalvik through TWRP and ever since get a warning message after bootup which reads:

Es liegt ein internes Problem vor

english:

There is an internal problem with your device

The message further reads that the phone might be unstable until I do a factory reset. I did some research on the net but found no real cause for this problem. Some suggest that it might be an inconsistency of some lines in system/build.prop and Vendor/build.prop, but the later does not even exist on my phone... Of course I could do a full wipe and reinstall everything. But would I have to do so with every update?

Guest fmmadrid

The problem is in the incoming calls, take long to activate the screen and lose

Still the problem of incoming calls that take long to activate the screen?

Still the problem of incoming calls that take long to activate the screen?

With beta 0.4 and earlier versions I had to experience that  for whatever reason the more calls I had, the longer it took until the screen was activated.

The delay varied between "almost zero" and "endless" (= pull battery).

It seems like not all devices are affected by these black screen errors, and obviously nobody knows what makes the difference so far.

Guest xeratdragons
I downloaded this ROM is I feel good I would like to ask when there
will be compatibility for apps such as Periscope that crashes when 
you stream and watch movies you can solve?

Edited by xeratdragons

Guest jesus HONOR

Utilice Inglés ...

sorry, my question is, when you go to install a ROM update slimlp do I have to do a full format? another of my questions is: I have to install also SlimLPY300-blackscreen.zip?
thanks

Guest anotherjib

sorry, my question is, when you go to install a ROM update slimlp do I have to do a full format? another of my questions is: I have to install also SlimLPY300-blackscreen.zip?
thanks

It is safer to wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data. Blackscreen patch you need if you experience blackscreens. I do not have installed this patch and it works fine.

With incoming calls I have similar problem to that described by UliZ. And also when I choose a contact to call, it takes some time before the dialing screen shows up.

Since the new Release 0.4 beta I have a lot of reboots. (G510) 

It reboots approximately every 4 hours also if I don't use the phone. I didn't have the Problem with the 0.3 Beta.

--> After flashing the new Slim Gapps no problems.

Appart from that, great work!

Edited by Guest

Guest anotherjib

Add Slimcenter and fix the dark camera please! 

Could you be more specific about the camera? For me both native app and OpenCamera work without problems.

Guest Marko297

Could you be more specific about the camera? For me both native app and OpenCamera work without problems.

The camera is darker than normal when I used other rom the camera worked normally but with this rom phots and video are dark and i can't see anything if I don't use the flash! This happens also if I use an other app for take photo! sorry for my bad english

Edited by Marko297

Can anyone play fallout shelter with this rom? I can't because it crashes after the vault id

Is not a good idea install games in this rom. The best rom for games is the AOSP MOD by H3ROS