[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest herrdeh

So odd.

4 or 5 days without any problems - and suddenly, without any substantial change (I purged AquaMail) I'm running into hell of black screens. Phone hardly useable at all....

The top bar always remains visible, but the rest of the screen will not be displayed. 

What's going on???

Guest anotherjib

@chil360 I want to report that I never encounter any black screen with 24.8.2015 (399Mb) kernel. If you don't mind, I did a lot of customizations in the ramdisk. The changes I did is

Lock frequncy (max 1047Mhz & min 245Mhz)

Interactive default governor

Customize Interactive governor (making more responsive)

Mpdecision disable by default

Zram disable by default (can't be turn on) its there but I removed for it not to work. I'm not a Zram fan

Changed minfree value

Changed uksm value 

Changed vm values (copied from moddingg33k kernel)

Changed I/O schedule to "fiops"

The result is way smooth and more battery friendly 

Don't know about the rest but I tried fiops and with me it performs FAR worse than sioplus

Guest Jairus1998

Don't know about the rest but I tried fiops and with me it performs FAR worse than sioplus

I find that fiops runs well. maybe it does not suit Ondemand governor. As I did some research, fiops is best for performance, battery life but bad in multitasking. Most likely our kernel is very poor in multitasking when come to KK and LP

Guest gayanper

I find that fiops runs well. maybe it does not suit Ondemand governor. As I did some research, fiops is best for performance, battery life but bad in multitasking. Most likely our kernel is very poor in multitasking when come to KK and LP

So if we forget about the comment of fiops, does other modifications to kernel parameters does give you more battery life and get rid of the black screen issue ? cause for me it drains 20% of the battery during the night time when the phone is not used, the CPU states shows that the most of the time the phone was in deep sleep.

Guest anotherjib

Actually I'm using badass. As for multitasking, I saw increase of antutu score particularly in multitasking after I introduced distributed swap (from http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/372057-mod-swap-to-system-data-cache/)

Guest anotherjib

Had blackscreen now for the first time after installing slimlp. The only thing I changed there for at least three days is that I installed paperboy feedly news reader, blackscreen occurred when I was opening it for the first time. Maybe this info can help finding out what specifically causes blackscreens?

PS Not quite right, couple of days ago I also moved some apps to sd, maybe this is related too?

Edited by anotherjib

Guest andersonlugo

Had blackscreen now for the first time after installing slimlp. The only thing I changed there for at least three days is that I installed paperboy feedly news reader, blackscreen occurred when I was opening it for the first time. Maybe this info can help finding out what specifically causes blackscreens?

PS Not quite right, couple of days ago I also moved some apps to sd, maybe this is related too?

Hi, they accommodated the delay in call or receive calls?

Guest andersonlugo

Sorry don't get you. Who - they?

I wanted to ask , beta 0.6 is delayed when he received the call or calls? I had the beta 0.2 and when I called the screen did not appear to answer why the uninstall and install slimkat 9 caf. I from Venezuela

Guest anotherjib

I wanted to ask , beta 0.6 is delayed when he received the call or calls? I had the beta 0.2 and when I called the screen did not appear to answer why the uninstall and install slimkat 9 caf. I from Venezuela

I see. No, at least with me there still are several second delays before call screen appears (the call itself starts as usual though, without delay).

I have just uploaded a new test kernel to try: chil360-kernel-intelliplug.zip

This updates the kernel to .108, adds some Low Memory Killer updates and adds Intelliplug. Thanks to srfarias for the Intelliplug commits see here.

Intelliplug replaces MPDecision (now disabled in this kernel zip) and could therefore affect the black screen issue. Please test and let me know if it makes any difference. If it's ok, I will add them to the next build whenever 0.7 is tagged.

Also... Slim have finally released some information about the 'Infrastructure problems' they were having and why Slim appeared dead for a while at the start of the SlimLP project. They also give info on the current status and intentions for the future. See http://slimroms.github.io/

Guest Jairus1998

This updates the kernel to .108, adds some Low Memory Killer updates and adds Intelliplug. Thanks to srfarias for the Intelliplug commits see here.

Intelliplug replaces MPDecision (now disabled in this kernel zip) and could therefore affect the black screen issue. Please test and let me know if it makes any difference. If it's ok, I will add them to the next build whenever 0.7 is tagged.

Also... Slim have finally released some information about the 'Infrastructure problems' they were having and why Slim appeared dead for a while at the start of the SlimLP project. They also give info on the current status and intentions for the future. See http://slimroms.github.io/

Extremely effective @chil360. I tested the benchmark, all was good and very smooth. I'm gonna mod this 

Than you for the Roms and all the work!!!! 

I have one "serious" problem, the camera apps can't take panoramic photos, any app, somebody can help??

This is the Rom that I installed: Slim-u8833-5.1.1.beta.0.6-UNOFFICIAL-20150822-2238.zip

Guest Mr Voland

@chil360

No blackscreen for now with this kernel, great work!

Only in slimlp is a minor bug: when enable rocker wake, it wakes device but when you unlock it phone play sound like when you change volume level with volume keys, nothing special but a bit annoying.

Sorry for bad english...

Edited by Mr Voland

Guest gayanper

Great work @chil360. Any time soon we can expect a fix for hardware video decoding as well ?

Edited by gayanper