Changelog:

18/02/15

• Slim Alpha 1.0
  • G510: Remove NFC
  • Disable zRam - causes 'error writing to swap device' messages in dmesg
  • Wifi driver update - thanks fonz93
  • Overlay updates and a couple of device tweaks
08/02/15 07/02/15
  • Added initial builds for G510 (u8951) & G330 (u8825)
06/02/15
  • Initial build for Y300 (u8833)

Add this to your build.prop

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

ro.lge.proximity.delay=25

Hope this helps

Thx for reply but I'm on slimkat again. Lp is to slow and leggy for normal use.

Guest Stefanoid

Im too back on Slimkat again until issues are solved in this ROM, but I was proud to have it on our device and show off to everybody how cool is that B-)

Btw I really thought they will name it Slimpop to me it looks more suitable :-D

Edited by Stefanoid

Guest Jairus1998

Does anyone know how to change the partition layout

I have SD card (16Gb) and been using SD default storage

Which means I did not touch the internal storage leaving 1Gb unused. My plan is to change the partition size

Default;

Data: 1135mb

Internal: 1125mb

System: 1009mb

Cache: 189mb

Cust: 78mb

My choice;

Data: 2100mb - n>

Internal: 200mb - n<

System: 1009mb (No change)

Cache: 149mb - n<

Cust: 78Mb (No change)

Can I know how? Been searching, but no answer so far

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest DeveloperDutch

Which means I did not touch the internal storage leaving 1Gb unused. My plan is to change the partition size

Default;

My choice;

I unfortunatly don't know how, but I can tell you repartitioning is very dangerous I hard bricked my first phone with it and it didn't even charge after that I thought I used a app from play store for it like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sylkat.AParted

Guest wbrambley

Default;

My choice;

So you only want to increase /data.? To many apps - try Link2SD. Buy donation app and you can also push the application data as well.

Default;

My choice;

I think you can brick the eMMC if you force the size of the partitions of the phone :P

I move some apps to system to save space in data partition

Guest Jairus1998

Guys, I'm always step ahead. I know the risk I'm taking and I want to try. I also know how to unbrick the device so Im cool with it. I brick my phone once because of swap.

Of course I always move my app to SD to save space but my internal storage is like useless to me. I want to make it useful. Its been a year my internal storage remain 1Gb.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Guys, I'm always step ahead. I know the risk I'm taking and I want to try. I also know how to unbrick the device so Im cool with it. I brick my phone once because of swap.

Of course I always move my app to SD to save space but my internal storage is like useless to me. I want to make it useful. Its been a year my internal storage remain 1Gb.

You can't resize system partitions in online mode, is highly risky. You will need to use fastboot mode for that.

Guest Jairus1998

You can't resize system partitions in online mode, is highly risky. You will need to use fastboot mode for that.

Any idea how to do or any tool compatible to our device

Guest pinky0978

Just burn a Linux distro to cd, or better, USB flash drive. Boot into a live session and work from there, no need to touch your existing windows partition. Regarding resize2fs, done a bit of searching and it looks fraught with danger, rather you than me!

Does anyone know how to change the partition layout [..]

I found out how to do this on G330 and have posted a how-to: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374535-how-to-repartition-g330/

I assume it should work likewise for Y300. Y300 has a different factory partitioning than G330, therefore some numbers are different.

You can send me/post here the output of "fdisk -H64 -S32 -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" from you phone's adb shell in recovery and i'll have a look.

Yes, I am going to start weekly builds - for Y300 & G510 anyway. I'm not going to do a build for G330 until we can work out how to make a rom that's bootable.

Hi chil,

the only problem with your first build (SlimLP 0.91 for G330) was that it assumes/requires a 1GB system partition.

But unlike Y300, the G330 only has 512MB /system.

I changed my partition table of my G330, then I could install the build and it worked.

Likely, there's only this one setting to fix for builds to work on factory-partitioned G330:

In android_device_huawei_u8833/BoardConfig.mk, there's (for Y300) a setting

"BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1073741824 # 0x40000000".

For u8825/G330, this setting is inherited from u8833, instead of set to 512MB.

So if I understand you right then SlimLP is possible for the G330? *-*

I had it (SlimLP 0.91) installed on my G330 for a few days. Currently, for a proof-of-concept, it is impressive. For daily use, I cannot recommend it - yet.

Some features I use in SlimKat are not (yet) there in SlimLP: Battery display as percentage number instead of icon. Drop down status bar with a single-click switch for mobile data. Mounting the phone as USB mass storage. The settings menus are missing quite a lot.

There are serious issues when gapps are installed. Google Maps doesn't work at all - phone reboots instantly. Some game take ages to load (much slower than on SlimKat 9.0), once the start screen is there, it does not react to touch input, and even using the home button takes 1-2 minutes until the home screen comes up.

Edited by hvdh

Guest chil360

Haven't done much with the kernel recently. The last few days I have been adding some patches to the audio HAL bringing it up to date with the nearest tag for our device in CAF. It hasn't fixed the FM radio but should be an improvement.