[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest farfix

chil360 

dont need to flash supersu for root acsese 

root acsses is disabled in developer options and can be enable easily

Default Root access in SlimLP is bugged... it gives you root access, but it doesn't allow you to perform Root actions (modify hosts file, modify Build.prop, batch restore with Titanium Backup don't work with default root access)... so flashable SuperSU is still necesary until SlimRoms fix it in next builds...

I tried the default root with Titanium Backup... It gave me root access entering the app, but it doesn't give root permisions for batch app restore... Installing SuperSU from recovery solved that :)

Adaway has the same problem with root when is trying to write the hosts file with default root app :/

Greetings!

Guest Jefrey Reyes

Please no

CrossBreeder --> Seeder Generator --> CPU Stays always up --> More Battery Drain

I did not know luca thanks for the tip

No lo sabia luca gracias por el dato

Guest shayan4shayan

Default Root access in SlimLP is bugged... it gives you root access, but it doesn't allow you to perform Root actions (modify hosts file, modify Build.prop, batch restore with Titanium Backup don't work with default root access)... so flashable SuperSU is still necesary until SlimRoms fix it in next builds...

for me workes well

and I changes build.proph (lcd.dencity is now 240)

Guest farfix

for me workes well

and I changes build.proph (lcd.dencity is now 240)

I tried it with Titanium Backup, and batch restore didn't work :(

Guest Jairus1998

I tried it with Titanium Backup, and batch restore didn't work :(

Could be the app problem. Try downloading titanium backup (patched)

Make sure its the latest version

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest farfix

Could be the app problem. Try downloading titanium backup (patched)

Make sure its the latest version

I use the paid one from the Play Store (the latest official)... So I don't think that the app is the problem... Is a Superuser issue, because after flashing SuperSU the problem went away :)

Guest andrea2107

Hi guys,

how could one help with the development?

If you are an expert dev you can help them fixing bug...but i think you could still help them by donations...having cm12 nightlyes would be nice

Guest chil360

As some of you have noticed, Slim is alive again with a new Gerrit and website and are working hard on 5.1 but it's not ready yet. It is just about buildable now with a few cherry picks but none of the features have been added back in yet and some of the patches we use for our device cannot be applied yet (e.g. patch for using external sd as primary). As soon as it's in a decent state I will release a build.

Even though Slim has been offline, I have still been busy. I have mainly been working on the kernel trying to fix the memory allocation problems and page faults which have been causing a number of issues including zram "Error writing to swap device" errors and the Wifi instability. After a huge update using commits from the CAF kk_2.7-stable kernel branch, I have cured some of the problems and the wifi is now a lot more stable but not perfect and the zram errors are gone. The page faults are still there though.

Overall, it's a big improvement and you can see the results of the kernel update and other things fonz93 and I have been working on in his new CM12.1 build. Hopefully I will be able to release a SlimLP 5.1 build soon.

Guest RedX5

Sorry for because i'm probably not the only one but does anyone know the best current rom that is out for Huawei ascend y300 that has a good battery life with good performance and lots of features?

Just wondering what the best one to flash is for my device.

And I really need a good battery one

Guest fonz93

Sorry for because i'm probably not the only one but does anyone know the best current rom that is out for Huawei ascend y300 that has a good battery life with good performance and lots of features?

Just wondering what the best one to flash is for my device.

And I really need a good battery one

Your question should be made here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365268-all-custom-roms-for-huawei-ascend-y300g510/page-61#entry2255357

Guest farfix

@chil360 are you still developing this version of slimlp (5.0.2) or the new version (5.1)?

When will we have a beta/stable version?

He is still working in fix issues and bugs... and when SlimRoms release a beta or stable version, chil will do it too :)

Guest stevelexx

Chil360 is slim sources out... waiting for slimLP 5.1...currently using cm12.1 by fonz93 and its awesome. thanks to you, fonz93 and luca020400 very much for bringing lollipop to our device. I SALUTE YOU!