Lollipop OTA update now available in the UK

Guest jazzuk777

Guest drpsg

installed last night, the power control (wifi, gps, brightness) widget that I kept on my homescreen has gone and doesn't seem to be available as a widget anymore. Or have I missed something?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

There are 2 ways I've found to overcome this..

1. If you use a 2-fingered swip the toggles menu comes down with one action

2. I've installed the excellent "notification toggle" app by j4velin which puts a toggle-bar on the bottom of the full notification menu, and which appears with a single swipe - This toggle-bar is customisable so you can add all the things you find most useful - wifi, torch, Bluetooth etc

Perfect! Thank you. This is excellent! To be honest, it was a two step process even in Kitkat when I think about it, so sweeping in one step with two fingers is a bonus. The Power Toggles widget does something similar to the one you describe too.

I appreciate your feedback; thank you again.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

installed last night, the power control (wifi, gps, brightness) widget that I kept on my homescreen has gone and doesn't seem to be available as a widget anymore. Or have I missed something?

I know what you mean. I found it useful too and can't find it now either. There are alternatives in the Play Store, though. See above.

Guest jazzuk777

I know what you mean. I found it useful too and can't find it now either. There are alternatives in the Play Store, though. See above.

The pull down menu has the brightness controls on it - as mentioned you can use 2 fingers to get straight to it. j4velin notification toggle is good as mentioned and appears without even having to unlock the screen on lollipop - thinking about uninstalling it now though that all the controls including flashlight are so easy to get to..

Guest geoffers0_0

I think the removal of the PowerControl Widget is specific to the Motorola Build version of Lollipop, as it's still there on my Nexus7 Lollipop build : took me a while to realise that this must be the case....

Guest gavin.19

Has the update dropped for o2 Moto G (2013) for anyone? I have heard Tesco phones got it. Thing is, I was running Lollipop with CyanogenMod for months but call waiting would never work. I went back to stock 4.3 on o2 and I got an update to 4.4.2, but that's the latest update it'll give me. Not even 4.4.4. I'm wondering if I flash the Tesco build instead so I can get Lollipop, will call waiting still work or is reliant on it being an o2 build? The phone was originally Tesco but it's currently unlocked/rooted and I'm using an o2 sim.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eLJay

I unlocked my Tesco moto g 1st gen 16gb and have it on giff gaff which os the O2 network.

It's been updated from 4.4.4 to 5.02 as a Tesco phone update over WiFi so I don't see why not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest eLJay

Anyone know if the moto g 1st gen will be getting 5.1 ?

Don't know but same question. The Google Play edition Moto G got the update so I don't see why not as it's equivalent to a Euro XT1032.

Edited by eLJay

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MickJack

20th Oct 2015

Moto G tesco 1st gen just updated to 5.1 system version 221.21.56 falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB

Edited by MickJack

• 5 months later...