Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest joseaguero2901

My setup:

Min freq. : 240 MHz

Max freq. : 1008 MHz

Governor: Interactive

I/O Scheduler: SIO

No black screens

it is a temporary or permanent solution?

Guest juanpablocastillo

it is a temporary or permanent solution?

I don't know if is a solution, but I don't had any black screen with it. Anyway, is only a temporal workaround until fonz93 or chil360 fix the issues.

Guest xxirioxx

Just 2 requests:

1) Is possible to enable vibration on call answered and released?

2) Is possible to save the last volume level used? When I restart my phone, multimedia volume is restored to default and I have to increase it again.

I solved the problem of black screen too using these values:

min: 245 MHz

governor: conservative (the phone is smooth anyway)

scheduler: CFQ

Guest dasdasd3

Thank you for your work on this ROM. I have been using it for a few days and it did run pretty smoothly. The new version from 2015-04-19, however, does not work for me. I can flash it, but it won't boot. It gets stuck at the CM logo. I probably waited for more than half an hour until I gave up. Then I tried to redownload it and flash it again, even wiping the entire drive, but it didn't work; same result.

Guest Dark Cricket

Hi @fonz93, I found some information about the problems of SD lollipop: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-changes-way-your-sd-card-works-kind-youll

And here mention a fix, which as I understand, you have to edit the file platform.xml to add permissions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tablet/general/fix-ext-sd-write-support-2-0-lollipop-t2946250

I hope this information helps. Thank you.

Edited by Dark Cricket

Guest fonz93

Hi @fonz93, I found some information about the problems of SD lollipop: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-changes-way-your-sd-card-works-kind-youll

And here mention a fix, which as I understand, you have to edit the file platform.xml to add permissions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tablet/general/fix-ext-sd-write-support-2-0-lollipop-t2946250

I hope this information helps. Thank you.

Yes, that's probably the problem, indeed the error says this: 

"Neither user 10036 nor current process has android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE"

So i suppose that the second link you mentioned should be fine to fix the FC.

I didn't have time this week to make any test nor finding a solution for the black screen, i got some reports in PM about changing scheduler to fix the black screens, you may want to try CFQ or ROW or SIO.

Guest fonz93

SIO works well for me, if you get the fix and SD primary option, I think that's enough for now.

Tnks.

Just found that the missing permission it's present in CyanogenMod's platform.xml: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/cm-12.1/data/etc/platform.xml, i'll try a build with the same permission declared in Eleven's manifest too and see what happens

Edited by fonz93

Guest Dark Cricket

Glad I could help, for me it's enough for now, the SD works well. If this solves the problem, I'll look it happens with black screen, I think it has something to do energy saving module, we'll see.

Guest fonz93

I found some information about the black screen: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-how-to-fix-black-screen-death-t2981397

@fonz93 Your can temporarily remove the lockscreen to test it?

We got different problems, they got a black screen due to the framework, we don't, their first symptom is:

1. After booting, you get black screen with just upper notification bar and back button below

Also, the title says "How to fix black screen of death after dirty flashing lollipop", i did many clean installs and the problem is still there.

Guest Dark Cricket

I have a theory about the black screen, if anyone can help me do a test:

Go to Settings/Lock Screen and select: NONE.

Use this option for a while and report if the black screen still appears.
Edited by Dark Cricket

Guest Eriito

Now more than 24 hours of testing.

Those who were trying different governors and schedulers, how did it go? are blackscreens gone now?

Edited by Eriito

Guest Arbab Irfan

I am not facing any black screen... why.....? now screen lock set to "none"  and another thing.... dialer is is slow and call receiving screen take time to appear... and same with making call... 

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest alexandermb

Scheduler: SIO Governor: Interactive Min Freq: 245 Max Freq 1008. i was sleeping while listening music with rocket player and when i wake up got 1st Black Screen

Guest aljinovic

It happens with disabled lock screen and all combinations of governor/freq/IO scheduler suggested, I noticed that it *might* correlate with notifications while in sleep.

Guest y0han17

It happens with disabled lock screen and all combinations of governor/freq/IO scheduler suggested, I noticed that it *might* correlate with notifications while in sleep.

I think the same..always that black screen happens to me (more 5 times) was while whatsapp notifications arrive..then I unlock to see and get dead phone

Guest aljinovic

I think the same..always that black screen happens to me (more 5 times) was while whatsapp notifications arrive..then I unlock to see and get dead phone

well it happens without notifications also, so just might be a coincidence.