China Phone Discussion [Part 2]

Guest SlyUK

Guest SlyUK

Just a warning on updates for Xiaomi phones. I've got the redrice and its a great phone but if your expecting regular official miui updates then font hold your breath. I'm still waiting for miui v6 , it was due February!!

How long have you owned it & would you buy a Xiaomi again ?

Guest jamie_w

How long have you owned it & would you buy a Xiaomi again ?

I've had it for around 18months. Yes I would have another as the build etc is very good, but if your after regular updates and its not the top spec phone, I wouldn't get a xiaomi.

Guest SlyUK

Well I plan on getting the Xiaomi Mi 4i, its not the top spec, but I believe it to be good spec especially for the price plus it comes with Lollipop 5.0 - MIUI v6.

Guest dakok

All other Xiaomis are available to purchase from unofficial resellers, so why wouldn't this model ?

Probably because it's for Indian market. I don't think it will apperar in China or elsewhere :(

Guest KennyPowers2000

I'm out of touch with what's going on at the moment, but am thinking of importing another smartphone from China.

I have a coolpad f1 and absolutely love it, what's the current favourite phone to import? (that has good English ROM support)

Many thanks

KP

Guest Maringer

Hmmm. One or two of the various Chinese sellers seem to be indicating there is (or will soon be) a Coolpad X7 with Snapdragon 801 chipset (and therefore LTE support) as well as a camera with OIS support.

It will be interesting to see if these rumours/adverts have any truth about them.

Guest dakok

Nubia Z9 Presentation - a picture is worth a thousand words but

video is worth about 30.000 words (if it's 30fps) :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGAcOyrivo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yg0w1335k

And another one

Guest SlyUK

If I remember correctly, Dakok reviewed the Lenovo K3 Note on a previous page in Croatian. The following is a video review in english: