Slimkat 4.4.4 with 1300MHz overclock

Guest wbrambley

Guest wbrambley
13 hours ago, wbrambley said: @ASergey

New build  of SlimKat 9.1 up. Download first post.

Hangs when booting in 50% of cases :(

I haven't had that problem -and I've been rebooting quite a bit looking at the WiFi. Is your CPU frequency set to high?

Guest ASergey
27 minutes ago, wbrambley said:

I haven't had that problem -and I've been rebooting quite a bit looking at the WiFi. Is your CPU frequency set to high?

After the problem is not repeated, The frequency is not increased. 5 hours of work excellent. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stattus777
On 03.04.2015 at 8:42 AM, pit86 said:

a question-installed SlimKat after the first run okay, but disappears after a reboot of internal memory, 600-something is either 80 or 200 of a penny, although nothing is set, plus the next reboot hangs on the label or Huawei Ascend SlimKat, all describe not only slim, but also on Carboniferous and others 4.4

I have the same issue. The cause of this is increasing folder Data/Lost+Found (for me during 2nd boot). Deleting all content from it resolve this problem...

Guest wbrambley
I have the same issue. The cause of this is increasing folder Data/Lost+Found (for me during 2nd boot). Deleting all content from it resolve this problem...

What cwm recovery are you using? This was an issue with an earlier version(still works fine with GB, ICS, JB but not KK based ROMs.

Guest stattus777
Just now, wbrambley said:

What cwm recovery are you using? This was an issue with an earlier version(still works fine with GB, ICS, JB but not KK based ROMs.

I used both CWM 6.0.4.5 and TWRP 2.8.4.0 - the result is the same.

Edited by stattus777

Guest wbrambley

I used both CWM 6.0.4.5 and TWRP 2.8.4.0 - the result is the same.

I've just come back to this phone and ROM, my work phone died. I'm on 6.0.4.5(R8) I haven't used twrp since early on.

Nothing in any of my lost file folders -

Can you suggest any steps to reproduce the problem?

Guest stattus777

I've just come back to this phone and ROM, my work phone died. I'm on 6.0.4.5(R8) I haven't used twrp since early on.

Nothing in any of my lost file folders -

Can you suggest any steps to reproduce the problem?

1. Install firmware using CWM 6.0.4.5 R8.

2. Reboot to the system.

3. Wait a few minutes for initial setup (do nothing with phone, free space  in the Data folder is ~700 Mb).

4. Reboot the phone:

- it hangs on boot logo for a while;

- after boot into the systen -  free space in the Data folder is ~ 200 Mb and Data\Lost+Found folder is ~ 500 Mb.

That's all.

Edited by stattus777

Guest wbrambley
1. Install firmware using CWM 6.0.4.5 R8.

2. Reboot to the system.

3. Wait a few minutes for initial setup (do nothing with phone, free space  in the Data folder is ~700 Mb).

4. Reboot the phone:

- it hangs on boot logo for a while;

- after reboot free space in the Data folder is ~ 200 Mb and Data\Lost+Found folder is ~ 500 Mb.

That's all.

Without gaps? I will try this tomorrow.

If you continue to have problems for now, can you try going to cwm 6.0.4.5r8 and formatting /system /cache /data. Don't use factory reset and see if it fixes it.

Guest stattus777

If you continue to have problems for now, can you try going to cwm 6.0.4.5r8 and formatting /system /cache /data. Don't use factory reset and see if it fixes it

Okay, i will try flashing without factory reset (my usual steps before installing are: 1) factory reset, 2) format cache, 3) advanced/format dalvik cache, 4) mount and storage/format system, data, cache).

Edited by stattus777

Guest wbrambley
2.8.4.0 не работает, попробуй для начала 2.7.0.1

My thoughts also, an early version of TWRP messed up some internal partitions on my G300 and I haven't used it since.

On the other hand TWRP is the only one I use on G510.

• 2 months later...
Guest SillySeb

Thank-you SO much for your work and effort! I am delighted to see that the G300 is still alive - thanks to people like you!

After a short and sad experience with a 2nd hand Galaxy S4 (cracked screen, erratic compass, failing GPS), I reverted back to my good old G300. This ROM is fantastic! It performs better than the last nightly of CM11 and boasts an actually working OC-Kernel. Well done!

• 11 months later...
Guest vvz732

last stabile flash sequence:

Slim-u8815-4.4.4.build.9.1.20160130-.zip

7-29_GApps_Minimal_4.4.4_signed.zip
7-15_AOSP_Calendar_Sync_4.4.4_signed.zip

calendar working & no random reboots yet ))