The Zte Blade Apex 2 Topic - ALL THE INFO AND QUESTIONS, POST HERE!!!-

Guest Durreau

Guest megamejo

Here is the link to download the kernel source of the ZTE Blade Apex 2.

Can you compile a custom recovery or some developer of this very good android page?

Edited by megamejo

Guest megamejo

Defconfig is a configuration file that is used to compile the kernel (usually you extract it from a running device/boot.img though, but kernel sources usually have some kind of 'template' for supported devices - msm8226_P892E10_defconfig in this case).

P892E10 is the ZTE codename for Apex 2 (ro.product.name=P892E10). ZTE baseband versions on stock ROMs are usually completely irrelevant (hardcoded values that say nothing about the actual modem/baseband on the device).

Hey @KonstaT if you want in the future any kernel source of zte you would have to send an email to the special support of zte [email protected]

Another thing, can you compile the twrp recovery for us?

I can't do this because now, I have no PC.

You seem have much experience and it will be easy for you if you can't do it let us to know it.

Thank you anyway.

If you build anything I can be the tester!

Edited by megamejo

Guest KonstaT

ZTE tends to release kernel sources for 'families' of devices, which means several devices can build from the same source. They've already released several msm8226 kernel sources and at least 'ZTE Blade Vec 4G Kitkat kernel(3.4.x) source code' also includes a defconfig for Apex 2 (P892E10).

Im happy to say to you we finnaly have the original source code on http://opensource.ztedevice.com

These sources are very close (almost identical). Now I'm even more convinced building the Vec 4G source would have worked. Looks like the Apex 2 source is actually an earlier draft of the same branch used for this line of devices. Biggest difference is that they've removed (or haven't yet added ;)) one camera driver.

Hey @KonstaT if you want in the future any kernel source of zte you would have to send an email to the special support of zte [email protected]

Another thing, can you compile the twrp recovery for us?

I can't do this because now, I have no PC.

You seem have much experience and it will be easy for you if you can't do it let us to know it.

Thank you anyway.

If you build anything I can be the tester!

That is the 'technical' support email. I've sometimes even had direct contact to ZTE engineers but that still doesn't help.

I'm not going to build recoveries (or anything else) for devices that I don't have.

Guest megamejo

These sources are very close (almost identical). Now I'm even more convinced building the Vec 4G source would have worked. Looks like the Apex 2 source is actually an earlier draft of the same branch used for this line of devices. Biggest difference is that they've removed (or haven't yet added ;)) one camera driver.

That is the 'technical' support email. I've sometimes even had direct contact to ZTE engineers but that still doesn't help.

I'm not going to build recoveries (or anything else) for devices that I don't have.

Tank you very much for the information.

Guest megamejo

Good News Megamejo!!! You could put the link to the Download? i try to figure that , but i don´t know why :P

Hey durreau if you want the ZTE Blade Apex2 firmware of Digitel Venezuela contact with me through this email megamejo@ gmail.com Edited by megamejo

Guest megamejo

No, I'm from Valencia, but can travel on weekends easily. Yeah I searched more of the subject and it seems is because Digitel have a newer software also known as B01 and other phone companies from Spain, Italy and Mexico have a previous version where the exploit of the apk's work

Hey orioles if you want the firmware of Digitel Venezuela contact with me through this email megamejo @gmail.com

Guest megamejo

Well, the phone accepts the ADB commands, but when try to boot the image of TWRP recovery with the fasboot command the terminal says this:

D:\Downloads\ZTE\Open C Recovery flashing>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.313s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 0.368s
Any ideas?
Hey durreau i think if you do this with the firmware for México por example extacting the boot.img and recovery.img and flashing it from fastboot you will can flash the México firmware and can root it!

Guest megamejo

Well, the phone accepts the ADB commands, but when try to boot the image of TWRP recovery with the fasboot command the terminal says this:

D:\Downloads\ZTE\Open C Recovery flashing>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.313s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 0.368s
Any ideas?
Can you explain me how to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Merged the Apex 2 and Vec 4G source releases on top of tagged CAF release and pushed it to my github.

https://github.com/KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm8226

BTW, can you always force a reboot on Apex 2 by holding down the power button lets say 15-30 seconds? This is kind of important on a device that doesn't have a removable battery.

Guest megamejo

Hey KonstaT, I know you want to help us in something, but I don't know in what, are you do this to help us downloading the sources?

If you can do any thing to help us please let us to know.

We already succesfuly rooted the Venezuela Apex2 devices if any INE want to know more please post here to say it.

post-1058858-0-16621400-1431167741_thumb

Edited by megamejo

Guest KonstaT

Hey KonstaT, I know you want to help us in something, but I don't know in what, are you do this to help us downloading the sources?

If you can do any thing to help us please let us to know.

We already succesfuly rooted the Venezuela Apex2 devices if any INE want to know more please post here to say it.

I'm not trying to help you with anything. ;) I did something out of my own curiosity and decided to publish it because I already did the work. Maybe it will benefit someone (who knows what he/she is doing) in the long run. Basically I only made ZTE's changes visible compared to the Qualcomm reference design. This tells quite a bit about the hardware components used in these devices.

Guest megamejo

thank you to put a bit of interest and make these comparisons.

Thank you anyway. :)

I'm sure it will help because there are many people buying this mobile and in the end someone had to make use of the information you provided

Guest Durreau

Konstat, the version of the Apex2 source is the same provided by ZTE or more recent (Vec 4G) ? with your github is possible now build a rom?

Guest KonstaT

Konstat, the version of the Apex2 source is the same provided by ZTE or more recent (Vec 4G) ? with your github is possible now build a rom?

Not sure what you're asking. Both Apex2 and Vec 4G sources are the same as ZTE provided, just merged on top of Qualcomm reference kernel source. Apex2 first because it's 'older' than the Vec 4G source.

It's a Linux kernel source to compile a Linux kernel. ;)

How about this?

BTW, can you always force a reboot on Apex 2 by holding down the power button lets say 15-30 seconds? This is kind of important on a device that doesn't have a removable battery.

Guest epigramx

I have this phone. This thread appears to be the most serious on the matter when I google. 

I happen to have a version that appears to be identical with Finland's (well, and Sweden's apparently).

GEN_EU_P892E10V1.0.0B02

from the official firmwares: http://www.ztedevice.com/support/smart_phone/f9a8a400-afb4-4e6b-8527-fcc1a727d008.html?type=software

I'd really like to root this phone because I believe it has a serious issue with GPS here, and I might find a tweak to help that.

I figured that there is a method to root it by flashing a Spanish "Orange" firmware first.

But the bootloader is locked! bah

PS. I've managed to enter "FTM mode" but that doesn't appear to give any special file permissions on adb shell, just the regular USB debug priviledges, unless I miss something. 

The methods are power off->power+volume down = FTM mode, with volume up it's recovery mode. 

Neither seem to do anything very special to help load something custom.

I had even manually edited the official update.zip  but it appears it will not be accepted by the recovery mode unless it's signed officially, of course.

I suspect this phone might require the new discovery of a serious linux exploit from inside android itself to be rooted.

Edited by epigramx

Guest Oriceles

I suspect this phone might require the new discovery of a serious linux exploit from inside android itself to be rooted.

You are going too crazy. Actually there are one click root methods available for this device. I have this phone already rooted by using the Orange method, successfully flashed the recovery. Also you may be able to enter bootloader with something like novo7tools, I haven't tried thought.

Guest KonstaT

But the bootloader is locked! bah

How do you know the bootloader is locked? I read about some variants of Vec 4G also having a locked bootloader while some variant had left it unlocked. Maybe it's the same way on Apex2. You could possible flash an unlocked one once you've rooted.

Exploiting a recently disclosed ping socket vulnerability can be used to elevate root on pretty much any Android device running any Android version (besides recent CyanogenMod builds for devices that have this patched). It's been all over the internet this week. ;) Haven't looked into any of the previous rooting methods advertised for this device.

Guest megamejo

Root ZTE Blade Apex2 (Orange Hi 4G)

Root definitive method!

Valid for all models of Blade Apex2

Root with this apk, Kingroot, we must connected to internet.

post-1058858-0-16303100-1431593347_thumb

The image of root success

After root we can uninstall the kingroot app and another chines app like cleanmaster

post-1058858-0-59408900-1431593469_thumb

Guest megamejo

Exploiting a recently disclosed ping socket vulnerability can be used to elevate root on pretty much any Android device running any Android version (besides recent CyanogenMod builds for devices that have this patched). It's been all over the internet this week. ;) Haven't looked into any of the previous rooting methods advertised for this device.

Hey KonstaT, can you link me with any site where to explain this exploit?

Edited by megamejo

Guest KonstaT

After root we can uninstall the kingroot app and another chines app like cleanmaster

Little late for that if it already stole your data and sent is to China. ;)

Hey KonstaT, can you link me with any site where to explain this exploit?

Exploit itself is closed source but the vulnerability is known. Both PingPong Root and latest Kingroot use the same exploit AFAIK. At least it would be a strange coincidence if two different methods appeared on the same day/week. ;)

There's been rumors that Kingroot sends out your IMEI number (and possibly other personal information).

Guest epigramx

You are going too crazy. Actually there are one click root methods available for this device. I have this phone already rooted by using the Orange method, successfully flashed the recovery. Also you may be able to enter bootloader with something like novo7tools, I haven't tried thought.

Read what the version is in what I said. It is not the Spanish Orange version, it's a completely different Android build, GEN_EU_P892E10V1.0.0B02. I have tried ALL those hacks you easily googled.

Including those latest "Root1 + Root2" methods also mentioned here.

And the latest Kingroot

edit: It doesn't seem possible to even TURN it into the Spanish version first since it doesn't seem possible to have the bootloader available for commands (more below).

Edited by epigramx

Guest epigramx

How do you know the bootloader is locked? I read about some variants of Vec 4G also having a locked bootloader while some variant had left it unlocked. Maybe it's the same way on Apex2. You could possible flash an unlocked one once you've rooted.

it's probably locked because adb  reboot-bootloader only reboots normally (unlike what the guy that started the thread saw). Power up + volume down or volume up either goes to Recovery (no bootloader there) or to FTM mode (no bootloader there either). I have even tried to run adb reboot-bootloader (or reboot bootloader) from inside FTM but it just reboots there too.

I'll look into that ping thing you mentioned.

edit: I had already tried the latest Kingroot though.. I noticed you said it includes it. Well, it doesn't work here.

Yes, I mean the latest 4.0.1 from like a day ago.

I also tried the pingpong root thing but that didn't work either, not surprisingly, since it's specifically for Samsungs.

Edited by epigramx