[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

KosTaT, I'd like to flash the 12.1, do you plan to release a new build this week?

What's stopping you then. First rule of CyanogenMod - never ask for an ETA.

Guest firecm

What's stopping you then. First rule of CyanogenMod - never ask for an ETA.

Haha, just want to get the freshest. By the way, what's stopping you from making official CyanogenMod Jenkins to build nightlies?

Guest alvarogilfalco

I use cwm 6.0.5.0, for install i use this:

1 - format all partitions except sd partition.

2 - wipe system and cache.

3 - wipe dalvik cache.

4 - install rom

5 - install gaps

6 - install script for root

7 - reboot system and configurated the rom.

8 - (this is the part of bug) change the energetic profile. And the screen turn off.

The gaps that i used is this:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934550851

Guest KonstaT

I use cwm 6.0.5.0, for install i use this:

1 - format all partitions except sd partition.

2 - wipe system and cache.

3 - wipe dalvik cache.

4 - install rom

5 - install gaps

6 - install script for root

7 - reboot system and configurated the rom.

8 - (this is the part of bug) change the energetic profile. And the screen turn off.

The gaps that i used is this:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934550851

Formatting/wiping /cache or removing dalvik-cache is redundant. Every partition already gets formatted once you do a factory reset and format /system.

What is this '6 - install script for root'? CyanogenMod has built-in root management (FAQ, third post). Please follow the installation instruction to the letter and post a logcat if you can still reproduce the issue straight after a clean install.

Guest KonstaT

Haha, just want to get the freshest. By the way, what's stopping you from making official CyanogenMod Jenkins to build nightlies?

Nothing really, I can't see any reason why this device couldn't be officially supported. It's sort of been on my todo list but there's been some bad timing that's all. Just as I though CM11 was ready, Lollipop was released. Just as SELinux (CM requirement) was ready in CM12, Android 5.1 was released. :P

I've never maintained an official CM device so I don't know if it would increase or decrease my work load and if I'd need to jump some hoops to get this device accepted. At least there's all the CM wikis and stuff that would need to be written in the beginning, I'm sure there's not people lining up volunteering to do that. :P For me personally it really doesn't make a difference if this is official or not.

Guest KonstaT

I install that script becouse i don't want lost the root benefits

Having root (administrative access) is always related to running an OS. CyanogenMod already has built-in root management so it's not something that you can 'lose'.

There's installation instructions I'm asking you to follow so it can be ruled out that your issue is not caused by something that you've done yourself (e.g. some questionable root script, crappy app you've installed, etc).

Guest KonstaT

konstaT come help us in the huawei y300 lollipop section.we can even make a donation so you can buy one :)

Thanks, but no thanks. My msm7x27a days are definitely over. ;)

Guest primanug2217

konstat please help me? I installed

cyanogenmod 12.1. but as tired as

I install cyanogenmod both my sim

card is not detected. how do I fix it

Guest alvarogilfalco

My list of apps is this. But cyanogenmod 11 not produce the fault of the screen.

post-1058539-14292786198326_thumb.png

post-1058539-14292786328295_thumb.png

post-1058539-1429278647805_thumb.png

post-1058539-14292786722419_thumb.png

post-1058539-14292786831418_thumb.png

post-1058539-14292786997804_thumb.png

post-1058539-14292787157694_thumb.png

Edited by alvarogilfalco

Guest KonstaT

konstat please help me? I installed

cyanogenmod 12.1. but as tired as

I install cyanogenmod both my sim

card is not detected. how do I fix it

How about start by reading the first three first posts of each Cyanogenmod thread! As it's clearly stated, dual-SIM is not supported on CM12/CM12.1 builds so there's nothing to do to fix it. FAQ in CM11 thread's third post describes three(!!!) alternative ways how to enable dual-SIM on V811W.

Wat?

Guest spalock

Hi KonstaT,

I just installed cm 12.1 and so far everything is working fine included the proximity sensor. :-)

To follow up the support of EAP-SIM from my cm 11 post, when I try to connect to the network that supports it, I'm offered the MSCHAPV2 and GTC types of authentication (which do not work). Has EAP-SIM support been included into cm 12?

Guest hylli

Some questions:

I now use TWRP to flash the ROM. In TWRP there's no option to format /system as mentioned in installinstructions:

3. mounts and storage -> format /system

Is it enough to do only this:

4. wipe data and factory reset

?

Another question:

After installing, my pre-installed Apps will want to update, but it seems there is to less memory for this.

I have to install a system cleaning app such as CCleaner to delete so much data, so that the updates are then possible.

Is it possible to make a larger partition für system and apps? (Actually I have only 0,98GB, if I'm right?)

Alternative:

Is it possible to move the apps to SD? Which app do i have to use?

Hylli

Edited by hylli

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

I just installed cm 12.1 and so far everything is working fine included the proximity sensor. :-)

To follow up the support of EAP-SIM from my cm 11 post, when I try to connect to the network that supports it, I'm offered the MSCHAPV2 and GTC types of authentication (which do not work). Has EAP-SIM support been included into cm 12?

Sorry, I don't have any further info on this. I had a quick look through CM bug tracker but I'm not sure if this is still an issue with Lollipop. This is also a somewhat niche feature and it is impossible for me to test/debug this myself.

Some questions:

I now use TWRP to flash the ROM. In TWRP there's no option to format /system as mentioned in installinstructions:

Is it enough to do only this:

?

Another question:

After installing, my pre-installed Apps will want to update, but it seems there is to less memory for this.

I have to install a system cleaning app such as CCleaner to delete so much data, so that the updates are then possible.

Is it possible to make a larger partition für system and apps? (Actually I have only 0,98GB, if I'm right?)

Alternative:

Is it possible to move the apps to SD? Which app do i have to use?

Hylli

IIRC TWRP has an 'advanced' option in the wipe menu. This allows you to format (=wipe) /system partition. This is usually only relevant when you're switching between different Gapps packages (and/or Android version that require different Gapps packages). There's a backup/restore script included in ROMs that preserves your currently installed Gapps during ROM installations. Formatting /system partition first prevents you from having the 'wrong' Gapps.

/system partition is mounted as read-only so nothing gets ever written there (in normal conditions) once you've installed the ROM. So, removing any system apps doesn't help much either. User apps and system data are stored on the /data partition of the device. If you have an 'Open C' partition layout, you'll only have ~1gb of /data. You can convert to 'Kis 3' layout by updating to KitKat using a Windows flasher. This will give you roughly twice as big /data partition (~1,9gb).

You can move apps to sdcard simply by selecting 'Settings -> Apps -> [app name] -> Move to SD card' if the app allows it.

Guest KonstaT

La ROM funciona bien. El único detalle es que la frecuencia mínima del procesador siempre esta al máximo.

This is an English speaking forum.

Scaling CPU frequencies works perfectly fine. You can use e.g. an app like CPU Spy to confirm that all CPU frequencies are being used. Power HAL's touch boost works by increasing the minimum CPU frequency for three seconds after each interaction. Some third party apps fail display the correct CPU frequency because it never gets refreshed to its current value.

Guest okmikel

New build for version number junkies. :P

cm-12.1-20150423-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:b9529eb1b25d07fc1b92381c94abbe40

-option to change button backlight brightness
-disable unused kernel logger and reclaim some RAM
-patch CVE-2015-2041 in kernel
-Android 5.1.1 (merged)

Installed it right now, great work. Thanks a lot.