[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest okmikel

Hi,

had three complete lockups with cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip since I installed. Black screen and no reaction to power key, only battery remove worked. Looks like a kernel oops like it was with CM11 last year.

Last evening I downgraded the kernel only (boot.img) to version 3.4.0-g13ddc60 (04/23/2015) from previos CM12.1 build, let's see what will happen.

Guest Wesleyrpg

Hi there, loving your awesome ROM!

One question......the ZTE Open C comes with 4Gb of Internal Storage and yet Android is seeing only 0.98Gb (so lets say 1Gb)......

Is there anyway of getting android to see the entire 4Gb for installing apps? (even 2Gb would be decent!)

Many thanks

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

Is it possible to use Freedreno graphics drivers with Cyanogenmod?

Thanks

I have no idea what's the current status on freedreno project. Never heard of anyone actually using anywhere in a real world implementation (but that could also be just me :P).

Not sure what you could possible gain in Android bionic environment anyway. I'd expect proprietary driver to perform much better overall than a reverse engineered one (and it's not worth it just in sake it's 'open source'). msm8610 is a modern platform there is really no issues with prebuilt Adreno binary blobs (we're even using the very latest Lollipop drivers :)). 

If I'm not mistaken this is something that you'd rather use if you needed to have Wayland/X11 compatible drivers in regular Linux glibc environment. I know Jolla phone is using proprietary Adreno drivers in Sailfish OS via libhybris instead of using freedreno, though. I'm sure that they valid had reasons for this.

Hi there, loving your awesome ROM!

One question......the ZTE Open C comes with 4Gb of Internal Storage and yet Android is seeing only 0.98Gb (so lets say 1Gb)......

Is there anyway of getting android to see the entire 4Gb for installing apps? (even 2Gb would be decent!)

Many thanks

It simply doesn't work that way. The who eMMC is 4gb in total. There's several partitions for different parts of the system and just like on any other computer, OS itself takes some of the storage space.

You can change to the 'Kis 3' style partition layout by using a Windows flasher to update to Android. It will give you roughly twice as big /data partition.

Guest alvarogilfalco

The new update of the ROM cm12.1-20150506 crash the clock and settings system (this last when remove apps)

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

had three complete lockups with cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip since I installed. Black screen and no reaction to power key, only battery remove worked. Looks like a kernel oops like it was with CM11 last year.

Last evening I downgraded the kernel only (boot.img) to version 3.4.0-g13ddc60 (04/23/2015) from previos CM12.1 build, let's see what will happen.

I highly doubt there's anything in the recent kernel changes that's causing this. There's just some underlying issue that's causing a kernel panic in some (rare?) conditions. I finally figured out why the device is crashing into download mode. Next we should be getting reboots instead of freezes. :P Maybe there will be last_kmsg too that will certainly help a lot in pinpointing the cause. Now I've being trying to abuse my device in every possible way but I just can't get it to crash...

The new update of the ROM cm12.1-20150506 crash the clock and settings system (this last when remove apps)

Steps to reproduce? Logcat? I haven't seen anything crash and I haven't received any reports either.

Guest okmikel

I highly doubt there's anything in the recent kernel changes that's causing this. There's just some underlying issue that's causing a kernel panic in some (rare?) conditions. I finally figured out why the device is crashing into download mode. Next we should be getting reboots instead of freezes. :P Maybe there will be last_kmsg too that will certainly help a lot in pinpointing the cause. Now I've being try to abuse my device in every possible way but I just can't get it to crash...

I was thining of the kernel, because there was no panic on my device since the WLAN crash in CM11 and they came back with the recent kernel changes very heavy (3 times in 5 days).

But you ar right, it could be something different, I am using bluetooth since a week or two, waht I have not done before. Also I am using the CM profiles now. Could be related to this.

But besides that, I had no panic with the old kernel so far. I know, too short time to say anything.

Guest victormva_

I cant play the games on 3d, because is on scren black and force closed when open the game!!! All games in 3d with is bug, heelp me please:(

Guest KonstaT

I cant play games 3d , such as subway surfers , temple run, and not open the snapchat why forced close and screen black, please help me

I did a test with AnTuTu and all that does not work are the 3d graphics, everything else is perfect, ROM stock 3d games work perfectly this ROM not funcionally!!

I will reinstall this rom again although I followed these steps to the letter , as I do a logcat ?

I cant play the games on 3d, because is on scren black and force closed when open the game!!! All games in 3d with is bug, heelp me please:(

Here a logcat, about my zte open c , help me please!!! And thanks for this beautiful rom

Unfortunately that log is completely useless. Need a lot more than couple of irrelevant lines.

I tested myself Subway Surfers and Temple Run and both work just fine (as well as AnTuTu's 3D test I already tried earlier)! 

Make sure you've followed installation on the third post of this thread. Install your favorite 3D game from the Play Store directly after a clean install and confirm it working. Trace your steps and figure out what you're doing yourself that's breaking it! It's most likely caused by some stupid hack/tweak/'make everything super hyper amazing'-script or some other dumb sh*t they're instructing you to do on your Russian forums.

Guest alvarogilfalco

The bug of the clock for alarm is when i selecto and configured one personalized song of my music for the alarm

Guest Baron1971

Hello,

i have a strange Problem with this very good Rom. I want to install the Facebook App from Play Store. The App would be downloaded, and installing takes 4-5-6 Minutes, and ends with Error 504! I  googeld this Problem, and tried all Solutions with no luck. Have anyone a Solution for me?

PS. Sorry for my bad english....

Guest micmon

KonstaT, I am very impressed with your work and this ROM in particular. Thanks a lot!! It would be really great to see OpenC being supported by CM officially in the future.

One question to those of you running Google Maps: does the app get location for you? For me this does not work and I wonder if I would need to install Google Play Services for this...

Guest KonstaT

The bug of the clock for alarm is when i selecto and configured one personalized song of my music for the alarm

This closed when i selecto the song of my external sd and the internal memory

Logcat? I can't quite understand what you mean. I tried setting a mp3 from the external sdcard as an alarm tone and it works just fine. It will obviously fail to play if you've unmounted your sdcard (e.g. enabled USB mass storage mode).

Hello,

i have a strange Problem with this very good Rom. I want to install the Facebook App from Play Store. The App would be downloaded, and installing takes 4-5-6 Minutes, and ends with Error 504! I  googeld this Problem, and tried all Solutions with no luck. Have anyone a Solution for me?

PS. Sorry for my bad english....

Logcat? Someone else reported the same issue but I couldn't reproduce it myself. Make sure you have at least enough storage space.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373968-devrom293-cyanogenmod-12-android-502-for-zte-open-c-kis-3/?p=2255261

KonstaT, I am very impressed with your work and this ROM in particular. Thanks a lot!! It would be really great to see OpenC being supported by CM officially in the future.

One question to those of you running Google Maps: does the app get location for you? For me this does not work and I wonder if I would need to install Google Play Services for this...

I can't see any reason why it couldn't become official at some point. Just not sure if applying is worth all the extra hassle. There's only few hundred CM users on this device anyway...

Maps works just fine. It most definitely needs Google services and you also need to grant Google permission to access your location if/when prompted.

Guest Baron1971

Here is a Logcat of the failed installation of Facebook. In the Screenshot, you can see, that there is enough Space. After the abort, i get Error 504.

post-800306-0-11698800-1431880004_thumb.

Edited by Baron1971

Guest KonstaT

Here is a Logcat of the failed installation of Facebook. In the Screenshot, you can see, that there is enough Space. After the abort, i get Error 504.

Here's what it fails with:

[ 05-17 18:20:07.222  4771: 4771 F/art      ] art/compiler/compiled_method.cc:51] Check failed: !quick_code->empty() 
[ 05-17 18:20:07.224  4771: 4773 W/art      ] Compilation of boolean com.facebook.facedetection.Tracker.a() took 239.468ms
[ 05-17 18:20:07.225  4771: 4773 F/art      ] art/compiler/compiled_method.cc:51] Check failed: !quick_code->empty() 
[ 05-17 18:20:07.390   178:  178 E/installd ] DexInv: --- END '/data/app/com.facebook.katana-1/base.apk' --- status=0x0100, process failed
[ 05-17 18:20:07.852   665:  698 W/PackageManager ] Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.facebook.katana-1
com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerException: scanPackageLI
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.scanPackageDirtyLI(PackageManagerService.java:6215)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:5482)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.installNewPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:10940)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:11485)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.access$2500(PackageManagerService.java:271)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:9384)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
	at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)

There's a bug report in Android issue tracker that's likely related. You could try keeping your device awake (display on) the whole time you're installing it.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=152833

Edit. Hah, there seems to be six minute time limit in which dex2oat needs to finish. Apparently it's not enough on low end devices for big apps like Facebook. This can be disabled by adding

dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--no-watch-dog

to /system/build.prop.

Guest Baron1971

Edit. Hah, there seems to be six minute time limit in which dex2oat needs to finish. Apparently it's not enough on low end devices for big apps like Facebook. This can be disabled by adding
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--no-watch-dog

to /system/build.prop.

Thats the answer! This Entry works!!!

Thank you.

By the way. how can i enable Root Access in CM File Manager? For these Changes ei downloaded Total Commander.

Guest KonstaT

By the way. how can i enable Root Access in CM File Manager? For these Changes ei downloaded Total Commander.

File Manager -> Settings -> General settings -> Access mode -> Root Access mode.

Guest Baron1971

File Manager -> Settings -> General settings -> Access mode -> Root Access mode.

OK, i didn't see the half Settings Symbol.

Thank you, for your very good Help!!!!!!

Guest velpeau

had three complete lockups with cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip since I installed. Black screen and no reaction to power key, only battery remove worked.

Same issue for my device after a fresh full flash.

Guest mattes0303

Thanks for your work! Works great on my Open C. I had a big problem with the adb driver, but after the instalation of PDANET I can install ClockWorkMod & CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) with your instructions from Win 8.1 64bit.

Google maps can get my location, but not here maps from nokia. Maybe its an issue with my security settings. The rest works great. 

Kind regards

Matthias

Guest okmikel

Same issue for my device after a fresh full flash.

After just replacing the kernel to the previous 5 days ago, my lookups are gone, not had a kernel panic any more.

More and more I think the lookups have something to to with the recent kernel changes.

Guest spalock

Just passing by to say that I've been using the last build for about a week now and everything works perfectly on my french open c, good job and thanks a lot KonstaT. :)

One tiny thing though, when making phone calls the sound is a little too high, even at the lowest level. What can I do about it?