LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest juantech

Hello people, after hours searching a dedicated Google Apps for Liquid Smooth i founded it right now, here is:http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Gapps/lollipop/ i founded it in a page of a mobile what too uses Liquid Smooth 4.0 with android 5.0 like mourta.

I posted so fast how i could for the people what don t know where download one 100% compatible.

I didn t proved yet this or the kernel i finished of download it now, this day i will install it.

Edited by juantech

Guest NothingSerious

Hello people, after hours searching a dedicated Google Apps for Liquid Smooth i founded it right now, here is:http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Gapps/lollipop/ i founded it in a page of a mobile what too uses Liquid Smooth 4.0 with android 5.0 like mourta.

I posted so fast how i could for the people what don t know where download one 100% compatible.

I didn t proved yet this or the kernel i finished of download it now, this day i will install it.

That's just the Play Store, hence the 10MB. PA Gapps would be a better option if you just want the Play Store.

Guest Mourta

That's just the Play Store, hence the 10MB. PA Gapps would be a better option if you just want the Play Store.

If it boots and goes through the setup OK then there is no need for anything else. No matter what gapps package you use right now everything will still be updated so there is no good reason to use a newer package. All apps you ever used will still be downloaded and there is nothing else you can't just get off of the play store anyway.

For future reference, this is what i use: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

Guest NothingSerious

If it boots and goes through the setup OK then there is no need for anything else. No matter what gapps package you use right now everything will still be updated so there is no good reason to use a newer package. All apps you ever used will still be downloaded and there is nothing else you can't just get off of the play store anyway.

For future reference, this is what i use: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

Oh I was just saying that PA is better cause it's universal. Haven't really tested Liquid Gapps at all.

Guest Mourta

Oh I was just saying that PA is better cause it's universal. Haven't really tested Liquid Gapps at all.

Well, TBH, all gapps are universal if they are just the right version. ;)

It's googles stuff and it's proprietary so it's not like any of us can make any of our own (even though there may be another option in the future for this).

I'd prefer an open source variant and so would a lot of other people, i'd like to get involved but at this point in time i have the garden/house/car/children/grandchild/work and quite honestly i can't get involved in more programming projects, i have quite enough with what i'm doing with this phone. ;)

Guest juantech

thanks to mourta and nothing serious for recomended me some the Gapps.

I did full wipe, installed ROM, kernel and Gapps but allways is giving me error of google play services, i had the stock rom, kernel and gapps i don t understand if is for install all new at the same time or why the Gapps of the links of mourta don t works with me, i tried too of do wipe and install the PA Gapps but says what i have to have a Gapps PA installed before for install the PA Gapps Pico.

someone could say me what i did bad or some solution? its my first time flashing the lg sorry.

Guest tool_king

thanks to mourta and nothing serious for recomended me some the Gapps.

I did full wipe, installed ROM, kernel and Gapps but allways is giving me error of google play services, i had the stock rom, kernel and gapps i don t understand if is for install all new at the same time or why the Gapps of the links of mourta don t works with me, i tried too of do wipe and install the PA Gapps but says what i have to have a Gapps PA installed before for install the PA Gapps Pico.

someone could say me what i did bad or some solution? its my first time flashing the lg sorry.

1. If you flash this very ROM after having wiped system, data and cache before, you don't have to flash a kernel anymore, as the kernel is part of the ROM.

2. If you want to flash PA GApps for 5.0.x, you may not flash another GApps package before. So if you want to flash PA GApps, you have to do wipe system and reflash the ROM again before flashing the PA GApps.

Guest juantech

1. If you flash this very ROM after having wiped system, data and cache before, you don't have to flash a kernel anymore, as the kernel is part of the ROM.

2. If you want to flash PA GApps for 5.0.x, you may not flash another GApps package before. So if you want to flash PA GApps, you have to do wipe system and reflash the ROM again before flashing the PA GApps.

thanks for your fast answer :)  i will try it when the phone is charged.

Guest juantech

it didnt work and i tried to install 3 Gapps, 1 of these is the PA Gapps, and the only one what it installs is the first installed in my phone with CWM recovery 0.4.6, (this is the recovery what i use), help , someone could say me how replace the Gapps with other method or giveme a solution?

Guest tool_king

it didnt work and i tried to install 3 Gapps, 1 of these is the PA Gapps, and the only one what it installs is the first installed in my phone with CWM recovery 0.4.6, (this is the recovery what i use), help , someone could say me how replace the Gapps with other method or giveme a solution?

You should change your recovery to TWRP 2.8.6.0. CWM is just outdated. You should have mentioned this before, mate! ;)

Guest juantech

I thinked what format data is the format system and i formated this and not the system but now what i founded the option what you said me to wipe all works ferfect.

Thank you very much Tool_king i will remenber you how the person what revived my phone, seriously thanks with all my heart you are a great person.

Now im enjoyng of have a futurist phone with the mourta ROM and kernel, its impressive... Like i said a great work mourta.

Edited by juantech

Guest tool_king

I thinked what format data is the format system and i formated this and not the system but now what i founded the option what you said me to wipe all works ferfect.

Thank you very much Tool_king i will remenber you how the person what revived my phone, seriously thanks with all my heart you are a great person.

Now im enjoyng of have a futurist phone with the mourta ROM and kernel, its impressive... Like i said a great work mourta.

You're welcome!

Guest Mourta

For everyone who is a fan of the old transparant drawer and carbon style interface i recommend the TimberWolf layer, you can find it in the play store.

The installation program crashes if you try to use it but that is because we are using a far newer version of layers than it was built for, just go to settings, layers, manage layers, install layer and scroll down to "overlay" and you'll find it there to install.

Reboot and it it's done.

There is a donate version of this that if you ever had a thought about donating to me, use that, he deserves it.

Guest juantech

For everyone who is a fan of the old transparant drawer and carbon style interface i recommend the TimberWolf layer, you can find it in the play store.

The installation program crashes if you try to use it but that is because we are using a far newer version of layers than it was built for, just go to settings, layers, manage layers, install layer and scroll down to "overlay" and you'll find it there to install.

Reboot and it it's done.

There is a donate version of this that if you ever had a thought about donating to me, use that, he deserves it.

I like it :) good tip mourta, if the donation its for you or tour team i will pay this, when i gathered the sufficient money after pay 2 things i will donate for your great work with the app.

Guest Mourta

I like it :) good tip mourta, if the donation its for you or tour team i will pay this, when i gathered the sufficient money after pay 2 things i will donate for your great work with the app.

No, it's never for me or my team.

We don't accept donations, we're good people who don't use open source development as a way to extort people out of money like ... well you know, some other people might do.

But the guy that wrote that layer is a good kid, he deserves a donation if you want to give one. If you want to give me a 20 for my rom, give it to him instead.

Guest juantech

No, it's never for me or my team.

We don't accept donations, we're good people who don't use open source development as a way to extort people out of money like ... well you know, some other people might do.

But the guy that wrote that layer is a good kid, he deserves a donation if you want to give one. If you want to give me a 20 for my rom, give it to him instead.

ok i will buy the app :)

Guest Mourta

ok i will buy the app :)

Awesome.

Remember in the future, if you feel like you would like to donate something towards me that you should just send it towards your favourite charity instead, i actually don't need the money and i'm not doing this for any other reason than that i am writing code for my phone and i was asked to share it.

Oh that and i'm an old cyberpunk... Information wants to be free.

Guest kdk12

Hi, first off all thank you Mourta for keeping our phone alive.

second, after i insatll everything including the banks gapps it boots the phone but all i get is Google play service error and that's it. doesn't goes through welcome screen or anything like this.

tried even reinstalling twice and still no luck. any ideas?

edit: reinstalled with PA Gapps. seems to be working great.

thank you again mourta 

Edited by kdk12

Guest SuperLamic

I'm just browsing the code - is the non-pie support needed? I don't think so for grouper blobs - if you haven't used this patch - https://github.com/alfsamsung/android_device_lge_p880/blob/lollipop-eos/patches/bionic/0001-Revert-Revert-Reenable-support-for-non-PIE-executabl.patch - it isn't active (I think?), but you have added non-pie support flag to your device repo - BoardConfig.mk - line 61. May I ask you why? (I probably know why - P880-devs did the same thing.. )

Guest Mourta

I'm just browsing the code - is the non-pie support needed? I don't think so for grouper blobs - if you haven't used this patch - https://github.com/alfsamsung/android_device_lge_p880/blob/lollipop-eos/patches/bionic/0001-Revert-Revert-Reenable-support-for-non-PIE-executabl.patch - it isn't active (I think?), but you have added non-pie support flag to your device repo - BoardConfig.mk - line 61. May I ask you why? (I probably know why - P880-devs did the same thing.. )

Basically none of the flags are really needed except the MR0 camera one.

Since i didn't implement the actual patches i just left it in there from the testing.

Guest juantech

Ok mourta great answer, the worst its what now im not gaining much money now but i will have this on my mind for the future if surplus.

i see what the interface not is in HD Ready are more in QHD, will be some update for to do the resolution of the interface and the apps icons better like it was in the stock ROM per example?

and the battery life?

Edited by juantech

Guest SuperLamic

Ok mourta great answer, the worst its what now im not gaining much money now but i will have this on my mind for the future if surplus.

i see what the interface not is in HD Ready are more in QHD, will be some update for to do the resolution of the interface and the apps icons better like it was in the stock ROM per example?

and the battery life?

heh :D your english is really hard to understand, but I think you mean you want to change dpi - you can do it on your own - I think there are some apps (look for something like dpi changer) which can change it or there is probably some option in Liquid settings.. But I'm satisfied with it.

For battery life - there are some improvements you can do too - just read previous posts..

Guest Mourta

and the battery life?

I'm not in any way involved with that layer theme and i don't even know the guy who developed it nor have i had any communication with him except a "good work" comment.

So i really can't help you with this, there are other layer themes and there is the stock look if you prefer that.

Battery life is what it is with this ROM, it's not bad but it's not that great either. It will get better as i refine the init and settings.

Guest juantech

@Superlamic yes the paople says me sometimes this xD no, not is very stable my english, i knew what you said but its configured nice at 320 dpi, its strange, i use cpu tuner for do run the rom with the normal freq and for save more battery, but would be the the rom like said mourta.

@mourta then you can t do much if its all for the consumption of the liquid smooth rom, then i will wait for this things for the slim rom, i m convinced what you will do a ultra fast rom with much battery with Slim rom :)

Edited by juantech