[ROM][5.1.1] F-AOSP [Y300/G510] [16/05/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

They obviously use some extra RAM, but it's better the patch i have included in last build than changing low ram .prop to false

You can disable all the transparencies through the persist.sys.force_highendgfx .prop

Edited by fonz93

Guest FlavioSilvaDias

Thanks, I'm really loving this rom.

It feels amazing having the phone open an app, without waiting forever for it to load.

Great job.

Guest farfix

ahahahahahaahahahahaah, just in case you want it:

"echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger"

reboots your phone, you can find the other commands here: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Sys_Req

There's a new version with all the transparencies enabled anyway, just forgot to say it yesterday

Could this (found in CM12.1 thread) work to force a system reboot in case of black screen?

echo "1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq

Guest fonz93

Could this (found in CM12.1 thread) work to force a system reboot in case of black screen?

echo "1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq

That only enables sysrq because is disabled by default on cm12.1, here it's enabled at boot and to force a system reboot you need this:

Guest farfix

That only enables sysrq because is disabled by default on cm12.1, here it's enabled at boot and to force a system reboot you need this:

So, I need to add that to a init.d script to force reboot in case of "unresponsive system"?

Or this has to be executed on a PC?

Guest Jairus1998

@Domino2115 I feel that pain

@fonz93 after two days using, what I encounter is

1. Black screen (occurs during random reboot)

2. Random reboot happens when I add guest or play YouTube video.

3. Graphic glitches. I do love playing that game

post-1032500-0-77456400-1430836876_thumb

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest fonz93

So, I need to add that to a init.d script to force reboot in case of "unresponsive system"?

Or this has to be executed on a PC?

You can't add that line in an init.d script, as it will reboot the system at each boot, you can use it only when you need to reboot the system, that's why i said that you can do it only through ADB (on a pc)

Fonz has been no progress in the bug of the black screen? The cause is unknown?

Please don't ask, when i find something i'll post it here

Fonz your use facebook lite?

Yes

I am unable to download rom though because of that shitty ads...

H3ROS uses linkbucks too and i didn't read complains about this, am i a different person? it seems that i don't even deserve to earn some cents from this. Linkbucks opens 1 windows only that you can easily close, are you downloading it from the phone?

Edited by fonz93

Guest Domino2115

H3ROS uses linkbucks too and i didn't read complains about this, am i a different person? it seems that i don't even deserve to earn some cents from this. Linkbucks opens 1 windows only that you can easily close, are you downloading it from the phone?

Nope i dont mind it you deserve it but im talking about things that says that my phone has virus clicl here bla bla it open google play etc thats why i was angry a bit but i downloaded it by pc with no problems...

Guest fonz93

Nope i dont mind it you deserve it but im talking about things that says that my phone has virus clicl here bla bla it open google play etc thats why i was angry a bit but i downloaded it by pc with no problems...

So it seems to happen if you download from the phone only? i'll try it later and see, if it's really like you said i'll try to find some different ad sites.

Edited by fonz93

Guest Domino2115

So it seems to happen if you download from the phone only? i'll try it later and see, if it's really like you said i'll try to find some different ad sites.

yea just from phone, sorry that i was rude

Guest Jefrey Reyes

What happens is that when you click on skip ad opens a new tab with advertising and have to wing back previous tab I downloaded from the phone without problems :b

Lo que sucede es que cuando das click en saltar publicidad te abre una nueva pestaña con publicidad y tienes que volver ala pestaña anterior yo descargue desde el movil sin problemas:b

Guest H3ROS

yea just from phone, sorry that i was rude

What happens if you download AdAway to build a block list? You'd need to whitelist any.gs and maybe linkbucks.com but that should stop the really bad adverts. AOSP MOD has a premade hosts file to do all of this for you as well as unblocking some stuff to do with Viber and some other app.

What myself and fonz make on using these links really isn't much at all. It can take hundreds of clicks to even get $1, which in my country isn't that much. Making a little something is better than nothing though and it's the very least that people can do.

@ fonz93

It's nice to see that you're still putting out new ROM's and trying to fix bugs. Keep it up as you're doing great :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

What happens if you download AdAway to build a block list? You'd need to whitelist any.gs and maybe linkbucks.com but that should stop the really bad adverts. AOSP MOD has a premade hosts file to do all of this for you as well as unblocking some stuff to do with Viber and some other app.

What myself and fonz make on using these links really isn't much at all. It can take hundreds of clicks to even get $1, which in my country isn't that much. Making a little something is better than nothing though and it's the very least that people can do.

@ fonz93

It's nice to see that you're still putting out new ROM's and trying to fix bugs. Keep it up as you're doing great :)

Thank you for the hint!

Unfortunately this black screen bug is a PITA, it came after fixing wi-fi issues and can't track it debugging..

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Thank you for the hint!

Unfortunately this black screen bug is a PITA, it came after fixing wi-fi issues and can't track it debugging..

Memory conflict maybe? I mean if the WiFi drivers leaking into the memory required for the GPU then that might cause some screen artifacts or for things to not work. It's going to be difficult to fix if you can't pull any error info from it though.

Guest pakoGDLmx
Another question @fonz93. Is there a way to show the battery percent in the status bar, without needing to pull the notification drawer, nor installing Xposed-Gravity (i could not install xposed, i got boot loop)?????

I tried adding the ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true to the build.prop, but nothing happened.

Guest fonz93

Another question @fonz93. Is there a way to show the battery percent in the status bar, without needing to pull the notification drawer, nor installing Xposed-Gravity (i could not install xposed, i got boot loop)?????

I tried adding the ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true to the build.prop, but nothing happened.

AOSP doesn't have any option like this, the build .prop method works only on Huawei stock ROM.

The official Xposed Installer is not compatible with android 5.1.+, there is an unofficial version, but it's superalpha and GravityBox LP doesn't support it.

Memory conflict maybe? I mean if the WiFi drivers leaking into the memory required for the GPU then that might cause some screen artifacts or for things to not work. It's going to be difficult to fix if you can't pull any error info from it though.

I don't really know.. the problem is that sometimes the device can't wake up from deep sleep, button backlights are on, but the screen doesn't, and if you don't use some tricks to reboot the phone (sysrq key for example), you have to pull the battery :(, the log shows this:

I/Watchdog_N(  551): dumpKernelStacks
W/Watchdog(  551): *** WATCHDOG KILLING SYSTEM PROCESS: Blocked in handler on PowerManagerService (PowerManagerService)
W/Watchdog(  551): PowerManagerService stack trace:
W/Watchdog(  551):     at android.view.SurfaceControl.nativeCreate(Native Method)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at android.view.SurfaceControl.<init>(SurfaceControl.java:292)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.ColorFade.createSurface(ColorFade.java:565)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.ColorFade.prepare(ColorFade.java:154)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.DisplayPowerState.prepareColorFade(DisplayPowerState.java:183)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.DisplayPowerController.animateScreenStateChange(DisplayPowerController.java:886)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.DisplayPowerController.updatePowerState(DisplayPowerController.java:581)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.DisplayPowerController.access$400(DisplayPowerController.java:72)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.display.DisplayPowerController$DisplayControllerHandler.handleMessage(DisplayPowerController.java:1161)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
W/Watchdog(  551):     at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)
W/Watchdog(  551): *** GOODBYE!

Dmesg doesn't show anything unfortunately, and that error it's strange, it seems to be a problem of the framework or display HAL, but i tracked every change between the period that we didn't get any black screen and the first known broken build and i couldn't find anything useful... So i thought it might be the kernel, because we got an update for about 250 commits from CAF, all including memory allocation changes.

Edited by fonz93

Guest alexandermb

@fonz93 Got a blackscreen today using Rocket Player again but the weird thing is that the music never stop, so i just pulled out the battery when i was going to hide my phone xD

Guest Louis4ever

pefomance oke.. but need themes engines feature and custom kernel maybe oc :) lolll

thanks before....

Disclaimer:

- Don't blame me or Alberto97 for broken devices, job loss due to missed calls or sms, bla bla bla.

- DON'T ask to port features from CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, ParanoidAndroid, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM or any other project

Guest Flea997

pefomance oke.. but need themes engines feature and custom kernel maybe oc :) lolll

thanks before....

I like this motorbike but i would like 4 wheels