[ROM][5.1.1] F-AOSP [Y300/G510] [16/05/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest Catlish

That english..

Despite of the horrible English. The problem with the camera is here.

Yesterday I took some pictures and everything was lollipops and rainbows.

However. Today I get that error everywhere. Whatsapp, the camera app, etc.

When you want to take a picture. A message appear and says.

Cannot connect to camera.

Any fix on this?

Guest markoprogramer

Despite of the horrible English. The problem with the camera is here.

Yesterday I took some pictures and everything was lollipops and rainbows.

However. Today I get that error everywhere. Whatsapp, the camera app, etc.

When you want to take a picture. A message appear and says.

Cannot connect to camera.

Any fix on this?

Restart the phone.

Guest Catlish

Restart the phone.

That fixed the problem. I tried to the same I was doing when that happened, but the camera worked just fine.

Seems like it just happens randomly

Guest CreasingMass

That fixed the problem. I tried to the same I was doing when that happened, but the camera worked just fine.

Seems like it just happens randomly

This may work: Install Device Control from the google play.

Go to "More..." tab

And select "Trigger media scan":

If it doesn't work and you have xposed and gravitybox installed just make a "soft reboot" so you don't have to wait the whole system to reboot.

(Screenshots attached.)

post-1030464-0-04587700-1432360587_thumb

post-1030464-0-45619600-1432360588_thumb

post-1030464-0-66856800-1432360589_thumb

Guest fonz93

This may work: Install Device Control from the google play.

Go to "More..." tab

And select "Trigger media scan":

If it doesn't work and you have xposed and gravitybox installed just make a "soft reboot" so you don't have to wait the whole system to reboot.

(Screenshots attached.)

The soft reboot is the worst thing you can do, the Developer of GravityBox repeats this every day

Edited by fonz93

Guest CreasingMass

The soft reboot is the worst thing you can do, the Developer of GravityBox repeats this every day

I know but now that the dexpreoptimization is disabled I think it's the best thing you can do if you really need/want to take a photo fast when that issue happen.

Guest fonz93

I know but now that the dexpreoptimization is disabled I think it's the best thing you can do if you really need/want to take a photo fast when that issue happen.

The dexpreoptimization affects the first boot only, any other boot will require the normal amount of time

Edited by fonz93

Guest froufrou205

How to flash:

- Are you really reading this?

For the people who would actually be interested in some instructions, is there any tutorial availabe?

Guest Catlish

For the people who would actually be interested in some instructions, is there any tutorial availabe?

Regular procedure. Put the zip in the SD. Including the gapps and super su if you wish.

Make sure you are on the last recovery

Do a nand backup.

Do a complete wipe

Then flash the ROM. Then the gapps the the root.

Reboot and enjoy

Guest froufrou205

Sorry, I am ignorant on half of what you said.

I don't know if I am on the last recovery.

The status on my device is:

a) Stock ROM (just as I bought it, with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean)

B) the device is rooted, without unlocking the bootloader (just installed SuperSU for some apps like link2sd ...)

Nothing else. No TWRP, no recovery, and of course no knowledge on how to begin.

That's why I asked for a tutorial.

You know... for Dummies!!!

Thanks.

Edited by froufrou205

Guest Catlish

Sorry, I am ignorant on half of what you said.

I don't know if I am on the last recovery.

The status on my device is:

a) Stock ROM (just as I bought it, with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean)

B) the device is rooted, without unlocking the bootloader (just installed SuperSU for some apps like link2sd ...)

Nothing else. No TWRP, no recovery, and of course no knowledge on how to begin.

That's why I asked for a tutorial.

You know... for Dummies!!!

Thanks.

There are several tutorial for this device about that.

You will find them on youtube or here at modaco. they may be using a diferent rom, but the procedure is the same for all

Edited by Catlish

Guest Teblakuda4o4

Wonderfull Work...

Question: Does this rom have the feature to change songs while the phone is locked using the volume rocker?

Thanks

Guest hgoldy300

Wonderfull Work...

Question: Does this rom have the feature to change songs while the phone is locked using the volume rocker?

Thanks

Yes. Using exposed and gravity box Edited by hgoldy300

Guest Catlish

Here's my update.

The ROM keeps smooth as the first day. No black screen problem so far. I tried my best to see what causes the camera problem and I couldn't find anything, I only know it happes arround 3 hours after I reebooted my phone. No app or event I can control seems to trigger the problem.

Another weird thing is: I installed the moonshine icon pack and nova launcher. I changed the browser icon (w/o cluds) for one w/clouds, now, the app switches randomly between those 2 icons. (it happens with sim card services too)

Yo fonz, do you know if our little device has docking functions? I know some devices do that with a special contact (not our case), with the magnetometer (not our case?) or with a grounded wire in the charging cable from the dock.

I'm doing a night stand and i would like to see if the dock function can be availabe.

Guest TheBohush

So after using this rom for few weeks and I have to say that it's better than KitKat.

I had few black screen (wake up) bugs at the start but lately I had none.

My settings:

- min frequency 480Hz

- interactive governor

- sioplus I/O scheduler

Battery is little bit worse than KitKat but it's enough.

But what I want to say is that my Google Search keeps crashing after latest update (can't open the app, no google cards). I've tried clearing cache, data and reinstalling but it still keeps crashing.

What I can add to this that I flashed bloatware removal script so I don't have to remove it by myself, do you think that this can be the problem or is it anything else?

Guest fonz93

How to solve this problem?

This is not a ROM related question, you can't ask that here..

Anyway, you have to find the right update.app for your phone, don't ask me how, i don't know, the latest B209 for Y300 is working on my phone.

But what I want to say is that my Google Search keeps crashing after latest update (can't open the app, no google cards). I've tried clearing cache, data and reinstalling but it still keeps crashing.

What I can add to this that I flashed bloatware removal script so I don't have to remove it by myself, do you think that this can be the problem or is it anything else?

I used Google Search some days ago (18th may) to help chil360 debugging a problem with the microphone and it worked perfectly to me, if you can post a logcat we can atleast try to see what's the problem, we can't track the cause without it.

Yo fonz, do you know if our little device has docking functions? I know some devices do that with a special contact (not our case), with the magnetometer (not our case?) or with a grounded wire in the charging cable from the dock.

I'm doing a night stand and i would like to see if the dock function can be availabe.

There is something about the dock in the display section in settings, look for "Daydream", i don't understand what are you looking for

Edited by fonz93

Guest TheBohush

Ok here's the logcat. If you can't solve the problem I will try older version I guess. Thanks for your time and help.

Edited by TheBohush

Guest fonz93

Ok here's the logcat. If you can't solve the problem I will try older version I guess. Thanks for your time and help.

I noticed you were opening Google search through the quick search box, did you try to open it from the icon in the launcher too?

Also, this app crashed: "com.audioboom" at the beginning of the log

Guest Catlish

There is something about the dock in the display section in settings, look for "Daydream", i don't understand what are you looking for

Take a look at the screen cap.

The 'when to activate' section has the dock function. (Selected) (A dock is a stand where you 'dock' your phone. It keeps it nice and visible and charges it at the same time.)

Now we know the software supports a dock. However, the hardware must 'indicate' when the phone has been plugged into the dock.

And there is my question. Does the y300's hardware supports a dock stand? post-1047848-14326585221655_thumb.png

Guest TheBohush

I noticed you were opening Google search through the quick search box, did you try to open it from the icon in the launcher too?

Also, this app crashed: "com.audioboom" at the beginning of the log

Yeah I openned app from launcher and then created logcat. Yeah I had little bit of problem with the second app but that was just testing don't mind that :D

And there is some "not found" error in logcat but I don't know how to fix it.