No incoming Skype calls on WiFi while asleep

Guest dandreye

Guest dandreye

Hi All,

Asking after scrutinizing all WiFi related threads in this forum:

Has anyone ever managed to make ZTE Blade / OSF running CM7 or jventura's Eco CM7 with only WiFi enabled (Mobile Data disabled) always receive incoming Skype calls while asleep? If so could you please try recalling all the tweaks you had to do to make it work? WiFi sleep policy = Never seems to keep my phone's WiFi up, at least the WiFi icon is there already upon waking it up while with default sleep policy it takes several seconds to come up. Still I tried WiFi Keep Alive app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shantz.wifikeepalive) as I couldn't find REGPON one in Google Play, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Upon upgrade to jventura's Eco CM9, which all my apps survived (hence same Skype version as before), the issue went away - but I'm really keen on making it work in CM7 / Eco CM7 as nothing can beat their performance. Btw before moving to 2.3.x I had the same problem with JJ9 with the most recent Skype version(s) available back then. Also IIRC when the phone running JJ9 was on 3G and asleep incoming Skype calls didn't go through either, so I'm unsure if it's a WiFi issue. Unfortunately I have no SIM card with a data plan to try the same with CM7 / Eco CM7 at the moment.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Edited by dandreye