Easiest Way to Root Hudl 2 running latest update/software

Guest EananC

Guest oldscot
anyone tried out dirtycow vulnerability with the hudl2? allegedly this allows root on android 5.1 according to various sources.

I've been wondering the same since I read about it. Still nobody here to answer though :'(

Maybe everyone else's hudls have died!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a look into it and it doesn't appear that Dirty Cow is actually a big enough vulnerability to provide full root. I think the best way to look at it is as a way of getting temporary root privileges while your device is booted up. This doesn't give you ability to actually root the device.

For more information check out XDA:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-s7-edge/how-to/dirty-cow-exploit-root-t3488758

Guest oldscot
I've had a look into it and it doesn't appear that Dirty Cow is actually a big enough vulnerability to provide full root.

Disappointing but thanks for the info :-)

I've been wondering the same since I read about it. Still nobody here to answer though :'(

Maybe everyone else's hudls have died!

Not at all! Got two Hudl2's in fine fettle here just now and actually they will soon be coming up for sale...

• 1 month later...
Guest ewan smith
  • On the next window type “T3” without quotes when asked for options.

HI New here I have a hudl2 as well. Any help? I have managed to get to the bit above I blunder my way through cwm. What does cwm mean then I got to the menu as this bit and stuck

• Navigate to “install from SD Card” using the volume keys and the power button is enter. Then to install zip from SD card and chose the “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46” zip you copied earlier.

Do I have to click on UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46 in zipped format. I clicked on it unnzipped and then it went through all the folders in side the main folder which was UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46 which I had unzipped already and I did not know which one to select

Guest oldscot

The install works on the zipped file. You ARE doing this from the recovery tool are you? That's cwm "Clockwork mid Recovery". If not you need to go back and reread the instructions carefully.

Note that I speak as someone who has not rooted my hudl2, other tablets yes, but not the hudl. And its a couple of years since I read the instructions. It struck me as too risky for the payoff (I was not that bothered about rooting my hudl).

Guest ewan smith
The Hudl should reboot to the new recovery which is CWM recovery. The screen should be grey and show a Hat symbol.

this isline I amstuck at should a file be loaded and run on  my android hudl2 thank Euan what should I do here?

Guest oldscot

IIRC to get to the recovery console you need to hold down power + volume up (or it maybe volume down) when turning on the tablet. From the recovery console its the zip that you select. I am assuming that you have installed CWM recovery via a PC using ADB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest haiden

my hudl is not reconized by the intel android file and ive installed both adb fastboot drivers and the intel ones and it still isnt reconzied

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, Abernus said:

Has anyone yet found a way to root the Hudl 2 when it's been updated to Android 5.1. I hate the fact I can't move most of my apps to SD card.

Anyone successfully done this yet?