1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (MR01b) OTA URL / details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BigD18t

It didn't appear for me either but Paul posted a link to download it directly from ZTEs servers. Rename to .zip and put it on your SD card and all works. You do need to reinstall the original stock ROM first to removed all root traces.

@whispers You just need to install standard Nexus adb drivers.

Can you do that from the TWRP or does it need to be done with ADB.

Probably going to go back so i can use my barclays app again.

Guest BigD18t

Ohh yes but mine is PT so the link is for the Uk version, any ideas where to find the PT version of the update?

I'm guessing its this http://download.ztedevice.com/UpLoadFiles/product/568/5867/soft/2015072315142830.zip 

Although looking at it, probably not, Maybe it's not been released yet for your region. 

Edited by BigD18t

Guest BigD18t

It was released already, it showed up before flashing the original rom from zte, but now it doesn´t ...

Can't see anything on the net for it, Even on the UK version it only lists the older original ROM and not the update. 

Guest whispers

@whispers You just need to install standard Nexus adb drivers.

Thanks, but it doesn't want to do it. Tried updating drivers out of Device Manager, pointed it to the unpacked Nexus drivers but it says nothing suitable found.

I've also got 3 non-working Qualcomm devices in Device Manager (all "HS-USB", and designated 9091 at the end - one each for modem, ethernet adapter, and diagnostics), so that may have something to do with the fact that it won't accept the adb drivers - perhaps the Qualcomm stuff needs to work first (as it's all presumably related to the phone's SOC). But where to get the drivers for that?

Starting to wonder if this might be to do with a 64-bit OS on the PC (that it can't find 64-bit drivers) or something...

Guest Skirttles

yep, any idea on how to grab the ota file?

Or why it doesn´t shows up now?

faz download da rom no site da zte e mete o zip na raiz do cartão.

Depois vai as definições - acerca do telefone - actualizações - escolhes offline e dp vai encontrar o ficheiro que sacaste e é só instalar ;-) 

Caso tenhas root no ultra tens de fazer unroot antes de actualizar para a stock rom.

Depois de instalar a stock rom basta ires novamente a actualização de software e dp fazeres a actualização para a nova versão. Após reiniciar do novo update já podes fazer root novamente e instalar a recovery by KonstaT

Guest icecosta

Did that, already flashed the rom again and still no update.

And yes Vodafone sim card, still locked to the carrier.

Edited by icecosta

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Thanks, but it doesn't want to do it. Tried updating drivers out of Device Manager, pointed it to the unpacked Nexus drivers but it says nothing suitable found.

I've also got 3 non-working Qualcomm devices in Device Manager (all "HS-USB", and designated 9091 at the end - one each for modem, ethernet adapter, and diagnostics), so that may have something to do with the fact that it won't accept the adb drivers - perhaps the Qualcomm stuff needs to work first (as it's all presumably related to the phone's SOC). But where to get the drivers for that?

Starting to wonder if this might be to do with a 64-bit OS on the PC (that it can't find 64-bit drivers) or something...

I've used and thoroughly tested these drivers (which I uploaded after doing so) on my Windows 10 64, and they work 100%:

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375535-usb-drivers-for-windows-updated-with-drivers/

Guest neilmasters

How do you update this? I've downloaded the OTA file on the first page - have got it on the root of the SD Card, but everytime I use the SD Card update option it says it can't find the file. Tried renaming it to update.zip, update.up etc and it can't see it.

Any ideas?

Guest LiNe171

What old version are you talking about? The stock firmware linked from the ZTE site? Isn't that the same firmware I already have?

Yes. But if gives error when you try installing the new version, you need to re-install the version that is on the site of ZTE and unroot the phone before re-install.

Guest Skirttles

Did that, already flashed the rom again and still no update.

And yes Vodafone sim card, still locked to the carrier.

Na cena da procura de actualizações carrega nas definições e escolhe para procurar todos os Dias... pode ser isso não sei...

Reboot the device

And try again.

Do you have a Vodafone sim or 

Guest icecosta

After confirmation in another fórum some users with stock firmware and without the ota update,also confirmed that they don´t have the update available thro ota, and their compilation nr is VDF-995NB-PT02c so aparently Vodafone PT is no longer at this time distributing this update thro ota update.

At least that´s my conclusion.

Guest Frankish

How do you update this? I've downloaded the OTA file on the first page - have got it on the root of the SD Card, but everytime I use the SD Card update option it says it can't find the file. Tried renaming it to update.zip, update.up etc and it can't see it.

Any ideas?

Is it on external SD mine was.

Guest neilmasters

Is it on external SD mine was.

Yeah, but I've downloaded it manually, and moved it to my root of my external SD card, but it still doesn't recognise it?

Guest Frankish

Everything is stock - the only change os that I have network unlocked it.

OK make sure its on external SD. Go to settings, about, updates. Should be an SD update option. That should work from internal or external SD one of them at least.

Guest neilmasters

OK make sure its on external SD. Go to settings, about, updates. Should be an SD update option. That should work from internal or external SD one of them at least.

That's the issue, it isn't! Tried it in root of both sd cards and used that method. Still doesn't recognise it.

Guest Frankish

So its not showing up in stock recovery or in system updates section? Not to be rude but "You're holding it wrong!" Ha ha.

On your computer... Does it already show file extensions... Mileycyrus.mp3 or pictureofmytea.png for example?

So the update goes from .up to .zip without tagging the .zip on the end without deleting the .up?

Sorry to patronise I just want to be clear on what's going wrong so starting there...