New update Sept 15

Guest Flashingblade

Guest dennissingh99

Probably Tesco removed the option for simplicity and to be honest, when I had KitKat running on my Nexus 5, changing to ART caused all sorts of problems with existing installed apps that, at the time, couldn't be resolved... Android L seems to get round it somehow whilst keeping to the change of the default to ART...

i tthink it was because ART was basically still in beta testing

Got my update yesterday morning. The update went fine on to a non-rooted Hudl 2. Generally the update is rather nice. First time I've used Lollipop on anything so I can't comment on how it compares with it running elsewhere. So far the only real problems I've noticed are as follows:

* The Guardian app flickers like mad scrolling through stories though it's fine scrolling through comments and the front pages of the sections. I've tried reinstalling the app. Other apps are fine.

* A couple of times I've had the Hudl 2 behave oddly when trying to wake it up. I've pressed the power button which has made the lock screen appear as expected only for it to disappear again within a second.

* When updating apps those which I have installed on the SD card (which has 14 Gb free) always or nearly always install into device memory. If I then try to move them to the SD card sometimes it works and sometimes I'm told that the move failed. Trying again sometimes works but usually I have to power off and try again.

Can someone give me a clue where at Tesco I should pass these observations to?

Guest Barneyabz

Getting some serious battery drain issues. Going to tinker a bit longer than it might be a full reset. Has anyone else had battery drain issues?  Did a reset fix it? Any other ideas? 

Guest dennissingh99

Getting some serious battery drain issues. Going to tinker a bit longer than it might be a full reset. Has anyone else had battery drain issues?  Did a reset fix it? Any other ideas? 

I havent got the lollipop update yet but a reset should fix everything but actually try to clear the cache first and then see what happens

Guest Barneyabz

Will do. See how clearing the cache helps.  I know how to clear the apps cache but don't know how to clear system cache like I would do on my Samsung phone.  Anyone know how to clear system cache on the hudl? 

Guest dennissingh99

Will do. See how clearing the cache helps.  I know how to clear the apps cache but don't know how to clear system cache like I would do on my Samsung phone.  Anyone know how to clear system cache on the hudl? 

you have to go into the recovery mode by holding onto the volume up or down button when the tablet starts up. From there you can clear the cache

Guest Barneyabz

Since last night when I cleaned the cache the battery dropped 30% overnight  so better but still not good. Will continue tinkering a bit longer before I try a reset.  

Guest dennissingh99

Since last night when I cleaned the cache the battery dropped 30% overnight  so better but still not good. Will continue tinkering a bit longer before I try a reset.  

hhave you updated all of your apps yet though because that may fix the problems

AAnd also try to see what is using most of your battery in the settings

Edited by dennissingh99

Guest theShire

I searched the root filesystem before the update but could find no sign of the update.zip

I'm not rooted so maybe the zip was hidden?

I did think that after performing some of the steps in recovery that it reloaded something and ran another script

Any chance recovery loads the zip from a separate partition that we can't see?

Still patiently waiting for the update here.

Can anyone who has got the update let me know whether or not their StreetView app has updated to the all new version as documented here:

http://google-latlong.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/introducing-new-street-view-app-from.html

Thanks.

Hi I have the new lollipop update, I downloaded this app but pressing the camera sphere capture causes the app to crash so it looks like it not entirely compatible.