No development yet

Guest Dedzdedz

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

It's an obscure phone which has been released in a list of European countries that could be counted on one hand; development is unlikely, regardless of wants.

It's an obscure phone which has been released in a list of European countries that could be counted on one hand; development is unlikely, regardless of wants.

iis avaiable in all Vodafone countries só its nota obscure phone just lacks devs .lonespeaker is trying 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Welcome to the new San Diego type device: A huge amount of attention and hype over the specs, then its abruptly ignored and abandoned. If there was going to be any interest it would have been shown by now. This dev is dead, come back in 6 months and see if I was wrong.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Welcome to the new San Diego type device: A huge amount of attention and hype over the specs, then its abruptly ignored and abandoned. If there was going to be any interest it would have been shown by now. This dev is dead, come back in 6 months and see if I was wrong.

Would you be upset if Vodafone released 5.1 for it? You seem to jump on any positivity with an absolute glee.

I'm just happy to have a very good phone that does everything I require at a very good price.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Would you be upset if Vodafone released 5.1 for it? You seem to jump on any positivity with an absolute glee.

I'm just happy to have a very good phone that does everything I require at a very good price.

It is a niche device available on ONE carrier in only a few european countries. Maybe denial is the keyword here - the more prolific world phones get the worldwide developers excited, not an obscure carrier-branded phone from a company not known for being transparent and helpful.

I'm glad you're happy - great - I am happy too - but then I see no correlation between happiness and facing up to the fact that this is very probably going to be just another generic, decent Android phone that hasn't got worldwide usage where it matters for it to be accessible to many developers. Let's not pretend this is a Nexus or a Moto G, as much as it may be someone's pet phone, you HAVE to get emotion out of the way and face the facts when dealing with cold objects (which will fall out of favour in 6 months anyway) - this is not a phone of ubiquity, and I am sorry for the people who are unable to face the facts. I saw the very same sense of denial and fanatical obsession with the San Diego phone, and where is that now (and who even cares?). Cheap, oddity phones are NOT going to attract the same attention as high profile "flagship" ones do. Ask a man in the street "Have you seen the Smart Ultra 6" and you'll be looked at blankly.

I can't help how you feel about my opinions, but a healthy sense of facing facts might be in order for some.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest BlueMoonRising

It is a niche device available on ONE carrier in only a few european countries. Maybe denial is the keyword here - the more prolific world phones get the worldwide developers excited, not an obscure carrier-branded phone from a company not known for being transparent and helpful.
I'm glad you're happy - great - I am happy too - but then I see no correlation between happiness and facing up to the fact that this is very probably going to be just another generic, decent Android phone that hasn't got worldwide usage where it matters for it to be accessible to many developers. Let's not pretend this is a Nexus or a Moto G, as much as it may be someone's pet phone, you HAVE to get emotion out of the way and face the facts when dealing with cold objects (which will fall out of favour in 6 months anyway) - this is not a phone of ubiquity, and I am sorry for the people who are unable to face the facts. I saw the very same sense of denial and fanatical obsession with the San Diego phone, and where is that now (and who even cares?). Cheap, oddity phones are NOT going to attract the same attention as high profile "flagship" ones do. Ask a man in the street "Have you seen the Smart Ultra 6" and you'll be looked at blankly.

I can't help how you feel about my opinions, but a healthy sense of facing facts might be in order for some.

So the short answer would be 'Yes'?

BTW, you're preaching to the wrong person. I'm happy with the phone as it is on 5.02 (22Mbps on O2, wow) and won't be rooting (unless someone comes up with a CM 5.1 ROM, and then I'd have to think about it first).

If 5.1 comes along it'll be even better but I'm not losing sleep over it, this phone will last me for  my usual 3 years before I see what else is around.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

So the short answer would be 'Yes'?

BTW, you're preaching to the wrong person. I'm happy with the phone as it is on 5.02 (22Mbps on O2, wow) and won't be rooting (unless someone comes up with a CM 5.1 ROM, and then I'd have to think about it first).

If 5.1 comes along it'll be even better but I'm not losing sleep over it, this phone will last me for  my usual 3 years before I see what else is around.

Okay, superb :)

Enjoy it, it's a decent enough phone. 

Take care.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Same old negative glossywhite.

Instead of opting for the ad-hom approach, why not tackle this from an informed standpoint, telling us all why it will be a raving success and attract developers from far and wide. No, I am serious - instead of wasting time and looking silly by targeting people's comments in a personal manner (the coward's way), why not rationalise your beliefs that this device has a chance of being developed?

I welcome a chance to be shown I am wrong, so why not explain as to why that would be, instead of being a keyboard warrior? Come on, I bet you can do it! :)

<tumbleweed>

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest BlueMoonRising

Same old negative glossywhite.

Is it Dullwhite?

I was going to comment that they must be twins because they both only seem to come on here to troll. I was hoping he had quietly disappeared up his own backside, considering that that's where he seems to reside most of the time.