Xiaomi Xiao Yi Smart camera review

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mario999
59 minutes ago, PaulOBrien said:

Wipe the SD card and put everything from the zip on it! It works on both versions of the camera AFAIK.

P

Thanks, time now correct but doesnt fix the timeline problem. Can't scan through time, always snaps back to the current time on searching. Shame, its a great little camera.

I think I broke it with this 'equip_test.sh' script. It was totally my fault. I wanted only the timezone fix, so I tried to comment out the sections about the telnet and RTSP. After I put the card in the camera and powered it up, it entered endless reboot cycle. Then I tried pressing the reset for 10 seconds but that didn't help. Next thing I tried was to start without the SD card - it goes into "constant yellow blink" mode and nothing happens. Then I tried replacing the files on the SD card with the contents of the ZIP archive, overwriting the old ones and now I don't remember what was the software version that I had to put in the script. Only remember it was the M version, the update came just before I started experimenting. I tried booting without changing anything in the file, but that didn't help, it doesn't go into constant reboot mode, but it just sits there with the yellow LED on and nothing happens. 

Any ideas how to bring it back to life? 

Edit: Ah, never mind, I fixed it by flashing the firmware following the instructions on 4pda.ru

• 1 month later...

This does look like a nice camera, but do you have any recommendations for other budget IP cameras which will upload recorded content via FTP / Dropbox / Google etc so they can be used for security?

• 1 month later...
Guest cool400

Unfortunately this hack doesn't work on the V2.1-version of the camera. The version number is printed on the box, BTW.

For that version you should use the firmware and script from here: http://xiaoyi.querex.be/

Any further instructions or hints are more than welcome!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jinjur

got mine and plugged it in....bit of a faff with the software but got there with the chinese one

prompted for firmware upgrade and now I am getting "this camera can only be used within china" message from camera and "camera turned off" message in the app :(

Any thoughts guys?

A

Guest Jinjur

ok......flashed one of the firmware files manually and back online

quick question.....can anyone see how to set the activity monitoring area?  it seems to be mentioned online etc but i cannot see anywhere to define it?

J

Guest dmac2007
On 10/03/2016 at 9:47 AM, cool400 said:

Unfortunately this hack doesn't work on the V2.1-version of the camera. The version number is printed on the box, BTW.

For that version you should use the firmware and script from here: http://xiaoyi.querex.be/

Any further instructions or hints are more than welcome!

Thanks for that mate, got the 2.1 version hardware and was trying and trying this with no luck, so used the files from http://xiaoyi.querex.be.

Problem for me is I ALWAYS  get "Camera turned off". I set it on via the app, and make sure the cam is on, but always get this. I've the CN 2.1 hardware version, really dono what to do now. Any ideas guys? 

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.