[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
11 hours ago, TheMasterSoda said:

Edit: Installed Simpler contacts and it seems to work just fine both as contacts app and as a dialer, so that's a possible workaround.

Playstore tells me "This app is incompatible with your device." :(

Guest frustille
On 27/1/2016 at 9:09 PM, Alias said:

I just found this. Sad. But I still can't believe that there isn't a single A203 phone which got at least a KitKat-update.  https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/maximize-hardware/mobile-gaming-graphics-adreno/27752

There is also the Freedreno-project, but I'm shure that chil360 would have already used it if it would be useful for his Android Roms.  https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/

http://www.zdnet.com/article/khronos-vulkan-spec-launches-aims-to-take-gpus-cross-platform/

Guest anotherjib
On 17/02/2016 at 1:23 PM, TheMasterSoda said:

@anotherjib Just try some other dialer + contacts app that works for your device. I'm testing on g510-0100, so maybe Y300 is different in that matter.

Actually truedialer works for me and I am quite satisfied with it, I just wanted to try your suggestion to compare and informed possible owners of y300 that it might be incompatible...

Guest knoelli

Just wanted to give a status update regarding my issues with this ROM. I have wiped the system partition and installed the latest version (Feb., 14th) without problems. I did not install any gapps. To speed up the boot process, I disabled the CM boot animation by adding 

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

to build.prop. Additionally I installed Apps2SD which I now use to move apps to my SD-Card (instead of trying to format it as internal storage through the native Android method which is still throwing an error at 40%). I partitioned my SD-Card to have a general storage, a storage for the apps and a swap partition (1GB), which is enabled at boot while zram is disabled.

- The WiFi-Problem I wrote about earlier is still there, but stability has improved quite a lot. If I stay within the WiFi zone, it remains stable for 6-12 hours, after that, I have to reconnect manually to my network. If I leave the WiFi area, my phone won't reconnect automatically once I'm within reach of the WiFi again, a manual reconnect is required as well.

- Camera is, for me, the most problematic issue. While it works for some time after a reboot, it will stop functioning after some hours of phone uptime. I thought it might be a memory issue (Android unloading some drivers), but with the additional gratious swap space, the problem still remains.

- Speed is great and I don't have any black screen issues (to avoid those, I still use Kernel Adiutor to set the cpu governor to smartmax, minimum frequency to 320MHz and I/O scheduler to sioplus. I'm not sure if this is still required or if the rom is stable without those settings. Might give it a try...)

- I would still like to test microG to be able to use google location service api without having to install gapps. I wrote about it here, maybe it could still be integrated into the rom (pleaaaaaase @chil360)? Or I'll try deodexing the rom and install XPosed + fake gapps module.

- Battery drain is good while the phone is in sleep mode. However once the screen is on and I'm using any app or doing a phone call, the percentage decreases rather fast (~3-5% per Minute). This might well be due to my blackscreen "fixes" with Kernel Adiutor.

Overall, the rom is getting better with every release and for quite some time already my everyday rom. It's working fluid and stable, with only minor issues that won't keep me from using it. So thanks again for the time & effort you put into this @chil360.

Edited by knoelli

Guest anotherjib
1 hour ago, Scofield1990 said:

Hi to all. Can i install this rom on my y300 with twrp 2.7.1.0 ?? Is that version of twrp compatible with android 6.0?  

I tried 2.8.6.0 (after that they discontinued paying attention to y300) but had problems with it, and somebody said 2.8.4.0 is most stable, so I stick to it ever since. I believe all earlier versions should be compatible but don't know for sure.

Guest Nemesix2
7 hours ago, alexsandra said:

why i can't access root mode in the file manager it stops whenever choose it. that's why i cant delete the aosp... 

Use the file manager that comes with TWRP. Just go into recovery mode and access the file manager. From there you should be able to modify/delete anything

7 hours ago, dre90210 said:

Would be a cool rom if you could find a way to set external storage as default without formatting sdcard. Have 32gb and not willing to format

SD default like internal storage,download from here

one .img file (look your version and download),rename to boot.img and flash with fastboot or nandroid manager or...

Guest anotherjib
11 hours ago, gongy said:

one .img file (look your version and download),rename to boot.img and flash with fastboot or nandroid manager or...

With me, making sd internal caused problems, apps2sd could not use it, so I switched to external. What exactly does this do?

I found this on another forum (someone has already written about this) and I use it like this,unpack rom delete boot.img and replacing this,my primary memory is SD card after flash new rom CM13 but I use very few applications and do not need app2sd or link2sd.My opinion is that chil360 kernel,unpack,edited and repack.

Sorry for my very bad english,write using google translate and my very poor vocabulary.

Big greeting for chil360,follow,appreciate and respect your work!

Edited by gongy

Guest pesartom

tested the latest version without gapps, camera works fine, calling and sms too, havent tested wifi for long durations yet. is smooth enough for me for daily use. ill test other parts as well soon.

4 hours ago, dixmer said:

Camera not work

I had this problem and my solution is using Titanium Backup force close Camera.apk,clean cache,clean data and clean dalvik cache after that reboot devices and now working.If you still will not work repeat clean cache and clean data but don't reboot devices than open Camera again then you must work.

I had this problem and my solution is using Titanium Backup force close Camera.apk,clean cache,clean data and clean dalvik cache after that reboot devices and now working.If you still will not work repeat clean cache and clean data but don't reboot devices than open Camera again then you must work.

I try this solution maybe work again [emoji53]

Please help me 

recently I tried to install the cm-12.1-20160220-NIGHTLY  and I couldn't install the gapps
the recovery gave me " ERROR 10: Failed to set-up busybox "
after of read a little I found that CM change of busybox to toybox
How I can install the gapps now?

I know that this is not about CM13 or that phone but If someone can give me a answer I really appreciate it
(my English is bad, sorry)

IMG_20160221_210523.jpg

Guest pesartom
On 2/21/2016 at 0:03 AM, gongy said:

i downloaded the 0214 version and replaced it in cm13 0221 version, recovery cant open the zip

Guest anotherjib

After a day of normal functioning had several spontaneous reboots in a row with the latest (Feb 21) version - phone booted up, everything worked fine for about a minute, then reboot again. When I decided to look at logcat and invoked adb, reboots ceased, now it works fine again. No idea what happened. If it reappears, will try to capture critical events to show them here. Anybody else experienced this?

Later - seems to be caused by SMSBackup+ but not surely. It worked with previous releases without problems.

Edited by anotherjib
Updated info

A little bit offtopic, but I have no idea where I could ask instead: The lack of drivers (?) for hardware acceleration is a problem of all Adreno 2xx GPUs, or only of the Adreno 20x GPUs, like the 203 or 205?

Why? Because I want to know if the Custom Roms for an Adreno 220 phone are probably fully working, or if they are facing the same problems like the Y300 Roms. 

Edited by Alias

Guest TheMasterSoda
On 2016-02-19 at 9:51 AM, anotherjib said:

Actually truedialer works for me and I am quite satisfied with it, I just wanted to try your suggestion to compare and informed possible owners of y300 that it might be incompatible...

I've also come to realize, that instead people can use phone and people apps by google from play store, which are identical to the ones in the rom and seem to work just fine, at least for me.

Edited by TheMasterSoda

Guest anotherjib

@chil360 don't know if it is significant but I've noticed this with all versions (including this one, feb 28) - when flashing, the message

detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk0p17

is repeated twice in two consecutive rows