[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
7 hours ago, Carontes said:

When you start the aroma version it asks you if you want that all the items your going to check must be the one you want to install or you don't want to install, choose the first option (the one you want to install) then be sure that all the items/voices/apps are unchecked so it will install only the core (play store and play services) and nothing more. You have to flash it immediately after the ROM is flashed. If you wanna try make a nandroid backup first and let me know. Perhaps the result may vary from a device to another one.

I see, thanks.

Do you have the proximity sensor problem?

Not really - I never use screen lock. But I understand it may be a serious nuisance for those who do.

Maybe apps2sd installs busybox if it's not installed.

It comes with its own, and you have an option to install it if you want.

Guest anotherjib
1 hour ago, Farid said:

With me, it is FCing like all other camera apps I tried. The only difference is that unlike them, it is stuffed with most nasty adware.

Guest anotherjib
4 hours ago, Carontes said:

Anyway for the ones who wanna try the newer version of Snap Camera and maybe try to fix force closes you can find it here on XDA

Does not let me install it over the one that came with cm. Do you know how to circumvent it?

Guest Carontes

You have to move it manually into the system folder where Snap is installed. Before install it cancel data of Snap, move the new file, go into recovery and wipe dalvik and cache. If it doesn't work try the one at the post #85, that works for me (of course at 3MP)

Edited by Carontes

13 hours ago, anotherjib said:

With me, it is FCing like all other camera apps I tried. The only difference is that unlike them, it is stuffed with most nasty adware.

Anyway, its working fine for me  sine 2 weeks and i tested on CM13 & R.R too..........

Edited by Farid

Guest alias5000

I was running 07/08/2016 for a while and the performance was not very cool and I got a lot of black screens. Reverted back to 31/07/2016, which is the best performing version at the moment for me. Happy again :)

Thanks for the hard work and please keep at it!

Bugs so far:

• Camera doesn't work. Other apps only let me use the face-facing camera.
  • Internal/external storage swap doesn't work. Am using Apps2SD to get the effect
  • Occasionally, the Wifi connection becomes inoperable from time to time. Reconnecting to the same network helps
  • Text message notifications: vibration works, sometimes the notification sound is played, once I activate the screen
  • As Farid said, screen turn-on delay when call comes in is quite long (5-10 seconds)

Guest anotherjib

So far 14/08 seems to be stable - no blackscreens, no reboots, just some occasional slowdowns for few seconds. There is small battery leak on standby.

I would stay on that for everyday use, if not camera, dialer and contacts still fcing. Truedialer works fine however.

Guest anotherjib
8 hours ago, aegan said:

pls help me upgrade my y300 jelly bean 4.1.1 into marshmallow like u guys? pm me

You must unlock it first, do you know how to do it? Probably the easiest way is to use kingoroot.

Then it is easiest (I think) to flash a custom recovery, such as twrp, through adb and fastboot.

After that, you can just flash the rom from here, and gapps

Guest Nemesix2
8 hours ago, aegan said:

pls help me upgrade my y300 jelly bean 4.1.1 into marshmallow like u guys? pm me

25 minutes ago, anotherjib said:

You must unlock it first, do you know how to do it? Probably the easiest way is to use kingoroot.

Then it is easiest (I think) to flash a custom recovery, such as twrp, through adb and fastboot.

After that, you can just flash the rom from here, and gapps

Unlock is not the same as root.

Rooting only means gaining total access to the phone's root partition. Unlocking means to unlock the bootloader by using a special code so that you are able to flash a recovery other than the one the manufacturer supplies.

You can root without unlocking, and you can unlock without rooting.

Unlocking the bootloader though automatically does a factory reset of your phone, so backup your internal storage.

Once you unlocked the bootloader, search for either TWRP or CWM matching your phone's model, then flash it using fastboot. More in depth tutorials are everywhere on Google. Just do a quick search and it shouldn't be difficult to find them.

Then, once a custom recovery is installed, all you need to do now is install any ROM you'd like. @aegan Marshmallow is still not stable enough for me to recommend it for daily use. If you want a stable phone, you can't go higher than 4.2.2 when it comes to this particular phone. If you want to experiment and give feedback, then sure go further. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Guest anotherjib
4 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

You can root without unlocking

Sorry I did not know it was possible. When I decided to switch to custom rom I tried lots of things until I was able to unlock the bootloader, the rest was easier.

But if I can get root access without unlocking, why is it needed at all? Only to flash custom recovery?

its hard to find custom recovery for y300 and bootloader... i have already dc locker but it has payment.. i hope its free... can u link at me nemesis.. resident evil... raahh

Guest anotherjib
3 hours ago, aegan said:

its hard to find custom recovery for y300 and bootloader... i have already dc locker but it has payment.. i hope its free... can u link at me nemesis.. resident evil... raahh

Here are links to the tools I used:

dc unlocker

kingo

twrp (it is 2.8.4, later versions do not work with y300)

Guest Nemesix2
5 hours ago, aegan said:

It's not hard! I just found this:

I'd suggest you not to use paid solutions, as it's not worth the money. There are free alternatives, why spend money on that?

Btw I just realised the TWRP team has an official release for the Y300

https://twrp.me/devices/huaweiy300.html

Guest anotherjib
6 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

Btw I just realised the TWRP team has an official release for the Y300

https://twrp.me/devices/huaweiy300.html

I tried these, both 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 had problems - got stuck at reboot to system. 2.8.4 is OK, it is the same that I linked to.

The tool you found seems great!

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Nemesix2
19 minutes ago, anotherjib said:

I tried these, both 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 had problems - got stuck at reboot to system. 2.8.4 is OK, it is the same that I linked to.

The tool you found seems great!

Then it might be better to look at unofficial releases. This forum or maybe others should have many releases.

Guest anotherjib
31 minutes ago, Nemesix2 said:

Then it might be better to look at unofficial releases. This forum or maybe others should have many releases.

Would be great to have one. I've never seen anything newer than 2.8.4 that would work with y300.

Well 2.8.4 is decent enough - quite stable, cannot complain.

Guest SPAM2k

@anotherjib Sure that 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 not work? On other Y300 these versions works. Which Y300 do you have exactly? Y300-0100?

Why my nick in this forum gets allways changed to SPAM2k (from SPAM2k) and on the next day my account ist closed. I registered three times now...

Guest anotherjib
5 hours ago, SPAM2k said:

@anotherjib Sure that 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 not work? On other Y300 these versions works. Which Y300 do you have exactly? Y300-0100?

Yes it's 0100. I tried each of them once, could not reboot to system.

5 hours ago, SPAM2k said:

Why my nick in this forum gets allways changed to SPAM2k (from SPAM2k) and on the next day my account ist closed. I registered three times now...

Seems we'll never know what your actual nick is :D

No chance, had to create a new account with other nick :D

Tested 2.8.6 is buggy. But whats exactly the problem with 2.8.5? If i go to Reboot -> System, it reboots to system. 

But boot into recovery will not work on 2.84/2.8.5./2.8.6. it always boots to system