[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest cesartdavila
16 hours ago, Mr Voland said:

Before asking question you should check at last the first page before asking.

Yes, I know that but there must be a possibility to accommodate hardware acceleration because it is important , but there is not because androids as the HTC HD2 and the galaxy s with android 6.0 and work very well , I hope you have that possibility

1 hour ago, Nemesix2 said:

@Folini Try to do the first five wipes in TWRP (Advanced Wipe mode) and reinstall the ROM.

It was a clean install on a full wiped g510.

Anyway it seems that wiping it's not so usefull...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DanPasanen/posts/GKnirTFjojg

...if the migration scripts are correct... So I'm with you that a wipe could solve some problems...

Guest pesartom
2 hours ago, cesartdavila said:

Yes, I know that but there must be a possibility to accommodate hardware acceleration because it is important , but there is not because androids as the HTC HD2 and the galaxy s with android 6.0 and work very well , I hope you have that possibility

If it was possible, or worth the effort, someone till now from kk roms should have done it.

19 hours ago, pesartom said:

If it was possible, or worth the effort, someone till now from kk roms should have done it.

It would be interesting which company owns this "proprietary OMX librarie". Is there any possibility to ask some developers of the hardware producer for help? Probably, this is a naive suggestion, but I'm no developer and I'm curious.  ;-) 

Edited by Alias

Guest samsesh

Hi I contact to have problems with Wi-Fi .yh's Wi-Fi internet, but does not
Wi-Fi! signal And <..>! is always in the notification bar 
To eliminate it is correct what to do

سلام من برای برقراری با وی-فی مشکل دارم .یه وای-فای متصل میشه ولی اینترنت نمیده
همیشه در نوار اعلان علامت
 وی-فی! و <..>! 
است .برای از بین بردن ودرست کردنش باید چکاری انجام بدم

Hi,

is there a way to force an app to use software decoding for video playback? In some apps I can select if I want to use software or hardware decoding. But many apps don't offer this option and just crash/reboot the phone. At least on Android 5.1.1 - I haven't tried Android 6 yet and I'm still using 4.4.4 because of this issue.

Guest Arbab Irfan

First of all Chile360 you are awesome, guy who know this devices get shocked when see it runs android 6.0   .

Issues: Wifi and Bluetooth both acting weird ... need to enable Bluetooth every time on reboot, and after listen song 2 to 3 on stereo Bluetooth, it starts lagging like a slow internet connection of internet and video buffers alot and same goes for wifi after downloading few MBs wifi get slow down in same manner, then I need to clear cache and reboot phone to get ride from this issue.... !

Guest knoelli
On 26.11.2015 at 3:25 AM, PROgR said:

Adoptable don't work!

Screenshot_20151126-092221.thumb.png.2ecScreenshot_20151126-092702.thumb.png.4b7

Setting up adoptable storage still seems to be broken on the latest build from Dec. 06. Could this be due to the fact that I didn't install any gapps?

I sometimes did encounter the black screen bug, however the workarounds for Lollipop still seem to do the trick on Marshmallow (using Kernel Adiutor I increase the minimum CPU frequency to 480MHz, set the governor to smartmax and the scheduler to sioplus). With those settings, I've never had a black screen anymore so far.

WiFi and mobile data seem to be much more stable than in version from Nov. 23, hardly any problems anymore.

Camera is still limited to ~ 1.9 million pixels, all higher resoultions give an error.

All in all a great rom which I already use daily. Speed and stability is really nice, thanks a lot @chil360 for bringing Marshmallow to our devices!!

Guest gbelovai

Hello,

the AOSP Keyboard is constantly crashing for me. I can't write anything because the 'AOSP had to close' (or something) popup message always shows up. I tried to force close the app, reboot the phone (several times) but keep getting these messages. 

I know it's on early stage, so keep on the good work, guys!

40 minutes ago, gbelovai said:

Hello,

the AOSP Keyboard is constantly crashing for me. I can't write anything because the 'AOSP had to close' (or something) popup message always shows up. I tried to force close the app, reboot the phone (several times) but keep getting these messages. 

I know it's on early stage, so keep on the good work, guys!

chil360 said: To fix AOSP keyboard with opengapps pico remove the file: /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so

Guest wbrambley
The gaming-performance was also not very impressive. It's linked with the hardware acceleration, right? 

To enable gaming performance you need to write to Huawei and ask them to unlock the other 6 CPU cores then purchase more phone ram.

Failing that use older Android versions as they are less resource hungry. (Due to less features, not as pretty UI etc, yes it's a trade off.)

Guest Kiodo1981

@chil360 First of all amazing job on such an old device.

I tried this ROM for 24hrs but I came back to SlimKat because CM13 isn't for daily use.

I report some bugs.

- Boot is much slower comparing to SlimKat Legacy

- Pictures are dark with the stock camera (I tried the older camera lib, too). I installed OpenCamera and pictures are fine, just the focus time requires a bit

- Sometimes it's lagged, expecially when opening the keyboard

- Slow in general

- Battery drain

- 3 black screen in 24 hours

Is it possible to buld a CM13 Legaxy in order to see if the bugs are solved?

Is it possible to use Galaxy s I9001 driver? It mounts GPU Adreno205.

Thanks

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias Yes, actually gaming performance is sort of linked with hardware acceleration, because games on ROMs above Lollipop do not have as many GPU power as they have in older versions of Android, because they don't have any acceleration to take advantage of. I used to have the Downscale function of GLTools, which downscaled the games to a lower resolution, giving it more performance, but making them look ugly.

If the only important thing to you is games, then you might stick with Kitkat. I prefer Project Ara by David_Vaz, it's one of the best ROMs in terms of smoothness/battery.

@wbrambley This phone only has 2 cores, and there's no purchasable ram for ANY phone.

On 10.12.2015 at 8:35 PM, wbrambley said:

To enable gaming performance you need to write to Huawei and ask them to unlock the other 6 CPU cores then purchase more phone ram.

I compared it with other roms, not with the Nexus 6P.  xD

On 10.12.2015 at 8:35 PM, wbrambley said:

Failing that use older Android versions as they are less resource hungry. (Due to less features, not as pretty UI etc, yes it's a trade off.)

Yes, I know. 

On 10.12.2015 at 10:07 PM, Nemesix2 said:

If the only important thing to you is games, then you might stick with Kitkat. I prefer Project Ara by David_Vaz, it's one of the best ROMs in terms of smoothness/battery.

It's not the only important thing, but can you give me a link to this rom?  :-)  Edit: I found it on my own, thanks for the suggestion. Edit 2: It's made for the G510. Does it work fine also with the Y300? 

On 10.12.2015 at 10:07 PM, Nemesix2 said:

This phone only has 2 cores, and there's no purchasable ram for ANY phone

I think that was sarkasm.  xD 

Edited by Alias

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias To be honest, I don't know. It might work because the G510 and the Y300 have very similar hardware, meaning it wouldn't have any problems. The only thing is that the ROM should show up in the phone model "G510" instead of Y300.

Just try it, be sure to make a backup.

Guest Nemesix2

@Alias Hmm I've been trying many LP roms before, and the only thing I can say is that none of them is as smooth as Kitkat ROMs (probably because there's no hardware acceleration, and it has a poor RAM management. Some Kitkat ROMs even have hardware acceleration). If you're looking for the most fluid one, then I suggest you to try TeslaOS. It's pretty good for being LP. It also has some minor bugs, but for the rest it's OK.

It's a pity that the project is abandoned 

I also tried Resurrection Remix and CM 12.1, but they feel pretty slow and not so smooth.

Guest pesartom
4 hours ago, Alias said:

@Nemesix2

Okay, thanks, I'll try it today. Another short question: Do you know a Lollipop-Rom which is as stable and smooth as some 4.x-Roms? Chils SlimLP 5.1 has some annoying problems. 

tell us if you find one!!!

Guest Nemesix2

@Mr Voland I mean they don't have FULL gpu acceleration, but games work WAY better than LP. For example, Geometry Dash in Kitkat works surprisingly well, whereas in LP it lags every 2 seconds

Slimkat is a good option.